Las Peñitas Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4901

Beach Hostel Oasis

At Beach Hotel Oasis I got a room with a fan, two beds and a big bathroom. For the room I paid 14 dollars.
The price in July 2009 for different rooms were:
Dorm: 6 dollars
Single: 14 dollars
Double: 18 dollars
Triple: 22 dollars
Bungalow:20 dollars

Before coming to Las Peñitas I had got the impression that Oasis might be a noisy hostel, but it wasn’t. There were a few other visitors staying at the hotel and a few just visiting for the day. One great thing is that Hotel Oasis is right by the beach and you can easily go down for a swim. As there is a lot of sand in the water and you get very sandy and salty it is convenient with the showers they have at the hotel. There are two areas with tables and hammocks under thatched roof from where you can enjoy the view of the sea. And there is a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. At Beach Hotel Oasis they also rent out surfing boards.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written January 4, 2010

Beach Hostel Oasis

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4901

Casa Patricia

First I had called Barca de Oro to make a reservation, but as they didn’t have any rooms available for the next day I called and made a reservation at Casa Patricia. The reception/restaurant is just by the lagoon and the house with the rooms is in the back.
I got a room for 25 dollars on the first floor. It had two beds with mosquito nets (which was needed) and a big bathroom. A plus was that there were several hangers to hang wet clothes on. I had two towels, and there was a soap bar in the bathroom. The room also had a fan. Just when I went into the shower in the evening there was a cut in the electricity and it became completely dark for an hour. Luckily I had a torch (something you will need when travelling in Central America).

On the second floor there is a terrace with hammocks, rocking chairs and tables. And beyond the lagoon you can see the sea. I asked for a room at the second floor, but there were no available. First I thought they were occupied by other persons, but it turned out the only guests at the hotel were I and a couple (also staying on the first floor). So I don’t know why I couldn’t have a room on the second floor.

I was disappointed that Casa Patricia wasn’t situated by the beach, and I didn’t like that the four big dogs were round the tables and hammock in the restaurant. Another thing I didn’t like was that it felt very isolated, especially at night. So, the next morning I moved to another place, Beach Hostel Oasis.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written January 3, 2010

My room at Casa Patricia

• jacquisuiza profile photo jacquisuiza
  • Reviews: 43

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

La Barca de Oro: Tranquilo

There are some rooms around a open court yard. In the hammocks you can relax, the kitchen is open all whole day and serves good fruit salads, pasta, tipical food, cheese fondue and more. Sandrine the owner is french and speaks also english. Here you can rent a boat with guide for 3 hours at 400 Cordobas to go to the protected area Isla Juan Venado.

Quiet place in front of the lagoon. Good and fresh food.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive