Somoto Hotels

Our Members Say

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Colonial

The second night in Somoto,I tried another hotel which I found during walking around town. It's such a nice hotel ,very friendly staff and they showed us the rooms even I said I wouldn't stay with them that night.After seeing the rooms ,I like it .It's so clean .They has all kind of rooms....single,twin,double.I chose twin room ,with 2 beds and bathroom,the room size is quite spacy.The window facing mini garden and common area.There are small table and chair in front of room to relax.It's only 1 block from south east side of park central.
Hotel has it's own restaurant but if there's no customer,look like we have to ask them in advance and confirm with them that we will have meal from them,it's the same for breakfast.Just order the meal and tell them the time we want far in advance.
The day I stayed ,there were 2 rooms with customers,including us.
Room price was 500 cd. including breakfast!! very good deal....I really recommend this hotel to every body.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written July 19, 2012

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Panamericano

This hotel has safe parking place in case anyone has car or motorcycle and they'll lock the gate at night.From the picture ,these 2 gentlemen ,one from Russia one from Lituania ,now both living in USA enjoyed the ride from north America down to south America,very long drive.They have their own website telling their travel story.Probably do the same as Ewan Mcgregor and Charley Boorman. They just checked in right after us and stayed in same hotel for one night .They won't see the town ,just spend a night and go on.From this pic you'll see a little bit part of the market stall I mentioned in other tip.Don't be worried about the noise ,they'll pack up things and everything will be quiet before 9 pm.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written July 9, 2012

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Pan Americano

I planed to stay in this hotel in Somoto for the first night.The lady from the bus walked with us to the hotel,she just try to help tourist as a good host.Hotel staff were not good ,not welcome a new customer at all.Their face look like "why you are here?" I asked them if room are available,and if possible want to see some room to choose.They even be more upset,but my lady help us to insist my demand.It's strange ..why being upset.Normally this country people are quite friendly but this hotel staff are not welcoming customer even we said hello with smiling face to them but nothing come back.We chose room with 2 beds ,with TV ,fan ,one side window and bathroom.Cost 500 cd.The room and hotel itself was clean,good location next to plaza.
The best guide of all in this town was here at the moment(2010).I don't know by now he's still there or not.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average