Managua Hotels

Our Members Say

• MalenaN profile photo MalenaN
  • Reviews: 4901

Managua Backpackers Inn

Managua Backpackers Inn is a good budget accommodation near the big shopping mall Metrocentro and it is also near a big supermarket. Managua Backpackers Inn has got two houses in a quiet neighbourhood. In both houses there is a kitchen which guests can use and a common area with a TV. There is also one computer in each house that the guests can use for free. It think it is best to stay in the first house where there is a swimming pool.
At Managua Backpackers Inn you can book a shuttle to the airport. It is 15 dollars (August 2009) if you are alone and 10 dollars if there are more passengers.

First I stayed at the hostel one night before going to Corn Island. I had booked a single room and got a small room with a bunk bed behind the laundry room. There was a TV and a fan in the room. I went to bed early as the airport shuttle was coming at 4.30am next morning. I was just falling a sleep when someone knocked on the door to give me some money back, then it was not easy to go back to sleep. There was a very bright light in the laundry room shining through the thin curtains, but I went up to turn it off (twice). There was no private bathroom but a bathroom next to the room and it could be heard every time someone used it. First there was a very load noise from the TV in the common room, but then a night club nearby started to play very loud music and it went on to 3am. It was impossible to sleep. I think the music could be heard very loud in this room because it is outside the rest of the house. For this room I paid the single room rate which was 20 dollars (July 2009).

When I came back to Managua I stayed one night in a room in house2. I had booked a single room and got a small dorm with two bunk beds. There was no private bathroom but there was a door to a bathroom from the room, but it had another door at the other side leading out to the corridor. I wish the curtains had been thicker because outside the room there was a strong light again and this I think was a light that was supposed to shine all night. For this room I paid 20 dollars.

The next day I moved to a double room with private bathroom in house1. And this room was much better than the other two. The price for the double room was 30 dollars (August 2009).

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written January 6, 2010

The swimming pool

• CulturalCompetence profile photo CulturalCompetence
  • Reviews: 102

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Best Western at the Managua International Airport: Managua - Best Western at the Intl. Airport

After all of the water issues we had in Granada, we made HOT running water, a comfortable bed, and a/c a priority for our last day on the mainland! LUXURY! The main reason we decided to splurge and spend the $75/night is because it was within walking distance of the airport terminal. We turned in our rental car and bought tickets to fly to the Corn Islands (in the Caribbean). Our flight left at 6:30 a.m. and we didn't want to miss it! The only complaint we had was that we never received our wake up call - it was a mad dash to the airport (thank goodness we were just across the street!).

Clean, good mattress, HOT water...but we certainly PAID for it...

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Historical Travel
  • Written July 17, 2004

• ReinaMorena profile photo ReinaMorena
  • Reviews: 53

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Quaker House/Centro de Amigo Casa Cuaquera: Hostel living

The Quaker house was a wonderful home base for our time in Managua. Across the street from an Internet cafe (great rates and connection) and walking distance from the main street. Easy access to Supermarkets, Banks, Bakeries and fast food(if that is what your looking for).
Plenty of Beds for small to medium size groups, 2 Large bathrooms for guest useage, Kitchen and Patio access. Living room, dinning room and small reading area with lots of material to choose from. ....tbc.....

• Related to: Study Abroad, Budget Travel
  • Written February 2, 2007

• Narviking profile photo Narviking
  • Reviews: 178

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

GUEST HOUSE: CHEAP ACCOMODATION IN MANAGUA

Oscar has a nice guesthouse located in a quiet part of Managua. I stay there in april 2003 and had a great time. He and his wife are very friendly and Oscar speak good english. I highly reccomend visitors to stay there. Its a clean and cheap place to stay if you need accomodation in Managua.

PRICE 10 USD PER NIGHT !!

Clean and nice room in quiet area of Managua. Rooms with toilet, shower, big bed. Cable TV in hall. National beverage and pepsi cola available.

• Written February 24, 2004

Guesthouse

• Stephen-KarenConn profile photo Stephen-KarenConn
  • Reviews: 2608

Tica Bus Hotel: Convenient to The Bus

There are two reasons I chose the Tica Bus Hotel for my accomodation for the two nights I spent in Managua: air conditioning and convenience.

Upon first arriving in Managua I checked out another small hotel and also a guest house which I had read of in my Lonely Planet guidebook. Either would have been suitable except for the fact that one did not have air conditioning and the other had an air conditioner that was not working properly. The heat was oppressive and the humidity high so I knew I would not be able to sleep well unless I could cool off. The Tica Bus Hotel was a little more expensive, but at least it had cold air.

The second reason for staying at Tica Bus Hotel was convenience. It is in the same building as the bus station and I was traveling across Central America by bus.

My room was clean but dark and starkly furnished. It did have a small television. The price was only $39US per night, but that was somewhat higher than the other nearby accomodations without the air. The hotel did seem safe and secure, which was a plus since it is in a rather sketchy looking neighborhood.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written April 22, 2008

Tica Bus Hotel, Managua, Nicaragua

• andy21 profile photo andy21
  • Reviews: 11

Tica Bus Station: Stop over

If you are traveling through the country as we did, you can sleep at the Tica Bus Station. Then you dont need to stroll around.
Managua is not an very safe place to walk in the evening.
It is an very simple place.
There is an porch to sit and relax on. No food available here except for when the bus station is operating. There is some small cafes in the backyards surrounding the station. Simple stuff. You can always walk to the Shopping mall. Its about 10-15 min to walk. Fast food and some sandwhich places.

Shared bathrooms, many beds in each room.
Very simple but ok for a stopover. Try not to get stuck here for some days. Its really boring.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking