Private island off Bocas del Toro Panama, , Panama
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Garden of Eden Resort

We want to go back to the Garden of Eden

by TripAdvisor Member Cowboy48

The Garden of Eden Hotel is a wonderful place. Bob & Helena have done a wonderful job. The atmosphere was restful & relaxing. The food was fantastic, the rooms were comfortable, the pool was exquisite and there was always friendly conversation and assistance. Wonderful place.

Sweet Honey Moon

by TripAdvisor Member Rubineto

My new wife and I spent three nights at the Garden of Eden in Bocas del Toro, Panama. We fully enjoyed our visit with our excellent hosts Helene and Bob. They are a laid back lower Keys couple who are just a pleasure to be around. Helene is a super cook witha special flair for fresh seafood and local delights such as coconut rice. Bob makes sure that the the property is in tip top shape all the time.
The physical plant is new and beautifully appointed. Clean is an understatement.
The Garden is a 15 minute boat ride from town (Bocas del Toro). The charm of this area is in the nature that surrounds you. Emerald green waters which are crystal clear and teeming with sealife. The sea critters include huge Star fish, Dolfin, Tuna, Wahoo and on and on.
Our island getaway was a trip to remember and to repeat. If you're looking for glitz and flash this is not your place. But if quiet communion with nature is your wish this is The Place.

Best of Bocas!

by TripAdvisor Member Mike_Jerri

From the moment we set foot on this beautiful, private island, we knew nothing we'd seen in Panama so far would compare to the Garden of Eden! The views from the rooms out across the channel were breathtaking as we dropped our bags and then walked barefoot up the sloping concrete path to the main house / pool / restaurant. Helena and Bob are the ultimate hosts, genuinely interested in their guests' every desire. Helena had our lunch of seared tuna on the table before we had finished our first Atlas. Every meal was exquisitely prepared seafood (our favorite!) - lobster, conch, wahoo, yellow fin tuna served with coconut rice, or baked potatoes and veggies served 'family style' - imagine not one, but a plate of lobster to enjoy! Truly the best food we've encountered in the Bocas! If seafood isn't for you, I understand Helena has quite an extensive list of options.
We were there for four days and enjoyed every minute of it! Snorkelling in front of the island, paddling the kayaks around Isla Solarte (just behind the Garden of Eden) to swim and snorkel where we pleased, hanging out with Helena and Bob, hearing the story of how the Garden of Eden was built - our time there was way too short. The rooms were kept immaculate, the service impeccable. Helena and Bob have created a very unique spot in Bocas. We'll be heading back as soon as we can!

The best place in Bocas

by TripAdvisor Member mikakey

I'm a surfer that has a lot of work so not to much time to rest and realy surf... i'm french but I lived in Venezuela since I'm a kid, the thing is that part of my work is in Panama, a realy nice country, were the people is great, the places beautiful and theres very good waves and beaches to have some rest and good time.
One of the best places to visit there is Bocas del Toro, don't miss this incredible place, it's still very virgin and at the same time you get the best places to rest and party. So in a website from the town itself (bocas del toro) I think it took me like three hours to find... THE GRATEST PLACE TO BE IN BOCAS... There's this wonderfull couple or americans (from Key West FLORIDA) that buy an ISLAND!!! Yeap you are reading well.... its their little portion of a island , they have built ( their own hands) this beautifull three cabans resort, with a pool and the best privacy you can get, confort (best king size beds in panama), food (lobster,T-Bone...), and services... WIFI and everithing in a very special locations. This couple is great, friendly, amazing... they realy make you feel at home...what i love the most is the quiet and the privacy of the place... you can KAYAK and go to others Islands or beaches, or simply rest in the pool having some piña coladas or any coktail they have....Hey... they have a little beach of their own!!!

I recomend to all this wonderfull little resort, I allready went to Bocas 4 or 5 times, I find out this Garden of Eden in my third visit, and I can tell you its the greatest place to be, its my second time and I will return for sure... And it's very good prices for what you get..
Congratulations to this people, I hope theres gonna be a lot more places like that in the world.

Michael keyloun
Sorry about my very bad english....jeje

Its the little things that count, like hooks on the back of the bathroom doors!

by TripAdvisor Member threeloonies

This truly is a garden of eden. Helena and Bob are wonderful hosts. We took over the whole place with my two teenage daughters and another girlfriend taking the suite, and another couple of friends and us taking the other two double rooms. We really didn't need to leave the Island. The pool is very refreshing especially at 6 am when the parrots think its time to wake up! The bar is always staffed and the drinks are great. Helena cooks for dinner, just remember to order before lunch so she can prepare. Rooms are excellently situated, each with a hammock and a deck overlooking the water. Ask to feed Julie the fish while you are there, and say "hi" to Vern. We took a trip on a boat out to Hospital Cove to snorkel and then over to Red Frog beach to play in the waves.

Quiet gem, book now before it's too late

by TripAdvisor Member Groucho123

With only three rooms, on a tiny island all by itself, it would be hard not to relax at this peaceful and comfortable resort. It is extremely quiet and private yet only 15 minutes by water taxi from the fleshy delights of Bocas Town.

The rooms are large and comfortably appointed with hot water, showers and hammocks on the balcony. You can gaze out over the blue Caribbean waters without lifting your head up from your pillow. Ceiling fans keep the air moving. No AC. You don’t really need it.

The resort is only a year old and has been lovingly crafted by owners Robert and Helena Myers. Retired from a life of contracting and fishing around Big Pine Key in Florida and the corporate world, the Myers have created an atmosphere of tranquility and laid-back island life. They bring a refreshing air of the Keys to the whole experience. If you nag him, Bob might take you fishing. March, April and May are prime time for tuna. Helena can economically arrange all of the usual area tours. Restorative massages are offered by the talented Señora Talita.

Not only is the Garden of Eden rated number one in Bocas del Toro by posters on Trip Advisor, it is a stone cold bargain. Rooms for two go for $120 per night. The rate includes breakfast and transportation to and from Bocas Town every day (this is a $20 value). Typical meals include very large portions of steak, lobster, shrimp and local vegetables. Their most expensive lunches go for around $6 and their famous steak and lobster dinner is a mere $20. Beer is $1 and umbrella drinks $3. Good Chilean wines go for $16 bottle. So you’re not stuck on a small island paying fancy resort prices for your consumables. Don’t miss the smoked kingfish dip.

One of the best things about the place is the owners. One glance tells you this is a place to relax and chat with old pals while sipping interesting rum concoctions late into the night. One of the reasons they chose this lifestyle is their love of having friends over to hang out and relax. You are their friends.

The grounds are meticulously manicured and loaded with exotic heliconias, orchids, ginger plants and other fantastical tropical plants. The small pool and patio are private, suitable for even the most daring sun worshippers. The sparkling pool is the cleanest I have seen in Panama. Very inviting! Stroll to the end of the dock and you can see hundreds of snapper Helena pampers with kitchen scraps. Julie, a 10-lbs. jewfish, lurks about. There is a sandy area with lounge chairs, but no beach. But still, the swimming is good and the snorkeling right around the island is rewarding. Kayaks are free and the surrounding area is great for exploring. You can paddle to nearby, white sand, Red Frog Beach for lounging around or surfing.

Book early. This is, by popular vote, the nicest place to stay in the Bocas del Toro area. It’s only a year old but the secret is already out. My educated guess is that they will be solidly booked by 2008.

Unbeatable hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member SolutionSeattle

The trip to Panama was for our honeymoon, and the destination was a surprise to my wife. I did all the planning, and I have to admit that she was nervous not knowing where we where going to end up. Had I picked one of the lower cost places in Bocas town to stay at we wouldn’t have started the marriage out on the right foot. On the contrary, I can tell you that I looked like a genius on solid footing based on my choice.

The Garden of Eden is a great place to stay, and the resort, our hosts, and the Bocas were the highlight of our trip to Panama. The resort overall is very nicely built and groomed. Even with that said the resort continues to be refined. The rooms have great views, covered porches with comfy hammocks, and are larger than they look on the web site. My wife and I had great time kayaking over to Red Frog beach using the resorts free kayaks. The food is top notch, and highly recommended. Don’t miss the aquarium at feeding time.

The best part was Bob and Helena’s attention to detail and hospitality. We truly felt like family during our stay, and I mean that in a good way! I do business all over the US and the world and I notice one formula that always works – great people have great businesses. The Garden of Eden is no exception.

To Bob and Helena: Thanks for everything!

Mark B.

relaxing at the Garden of Eden

by TripAdvisor Member crsb

We loved the Garden of Eden. The food was amazing. I really enjoyed relazing by the pool, while my husband went kayaking and snorkling. We are looking forward to our next visit, which will be in near furture.

Most Hospitable Resort Ever

by TripAdvisor Member cjoh1111

This resort is the best I've stayed in. Bob and Hellena, the proprietors of the Garden of Eden, built and run a spectacular place (with the help of two native helpers, Roberto and Talitha) and bend over backwards to make you happy. The resort is nice-- its child free (18+) for the simple reason that other guests want their peace and quiet. The rooms are small but purposeful. You can either hang out next to the pool, or on your private balcony overlooking the Caribbean.

When I was there, they made a surprise birthday cake for my girlfriend, and worked with my girlfriend to surprise me with a romantic nighttime picnic on the beach surrounded with tiki torches and champagne.

Bob also pours a mean Rum and Coke.

The food here is also great-- meals range from 10-20 a plate, and are generally home-style meals (Steak, Potatoes, Broccoli or Half Chicken, Rice, Carrots, etc.) rather than typical beach fare. The refrigerator is kept stocked, and guests are encouraged to help themselves (while Hellena, of course, keeps your tab)

The only downside is, after spending a few days on the island, I began to feel so much at home that I felt like I should help wash the dishes or take out the trash. You love the place so much you want to take care of it. That, and their wifi is shoddy. But seriously, you shouldn't be going to places like this for the wifi.

To end on a high note, the resort is fantastic and only made more special by the four people who take care of you there. They're all wonderful and dedicated to making sure you have a great time in the Garden.

Just book it , but book well in advance

by TripAdvisor Member lllshaftlll

Staying in the Boca's area? Then this is the place to stay.
Hands down the Best place to hang your hat for as long as you can.

Comments