Avenida Principal, Frente a la Iglesia de San Jos, El Valle de Anton, Panama
Otel.com

More about Anton Valley Hotel

Wonderful Oasis - The Anton Valley Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Eepersmom

My husband and I spent two nights at Anton Valley Hotel in el Valle de Anton, Panama in early June. If only we had been able to stay there longer, our trip to Panama would have been wonderful. Owners, Les & Earle, along with Juan and the entire staff were wonderful, welcoming and helpful. Breakfasts were delicious and inexpensive. Restaurant recommendations were right on. Our room was an oasis of comfort. The dogs and Coconut, the cockatoo, brought smiles too. Both Earle & Les were gracious hosts, very forthcoming with helpful information and fun to visit and chat with. I strongly recommend the Anton Valley Hotel for a delightful accommodation at a price that is more than reasonable.>

Wonderful Stay at the Anton Valley Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Joltinjp

My wife & I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Anton Valley Hotel for two nights. We had scheduled one night but enjoyed ourselves so much we asked to stay another night and were accommodated without a hitch. The hotel has been open about six months and run by Earle & Les and their wonderful staff. The hotel and grounds are beautiful and the rooms are large, clean and colorful. A delicious, inexpensive breakfast is available in the hotel. Les was very helpful and must have answered 101 questions for us. His restaurant recommendations were excellent as well. The rates are a great value.

Pretty much a perfect little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jkArgonaut

If you travel in Panama, try to stay at the Anton Valley Hotel in El Valley. El Valley is a very charming, quiet and relaxing place nestled into a 360 degree valley of an extinct volcano and the Anton Valley Hotel is the perfect place for an authentic experience of the town.

The expatriate owners have 15+ years of previous hotel experience and they seem to effortlessly keep their guests comfortable, happy and well informed. The hotel has only 9 or 10 rooms (as I recall) and has a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere as well as a GREAT Staff.

We especially enjoyed long relaxed breakfasts on the front porch where we could watch the comings and goings of the main road but well off of the roadway and in a garden setting. (The hotel serves some of the best coffee and breakfasts in Panama too)

The rooms are perfectly clean and fresh (large bars of Mango glycerin soap in the bath) and the public areas are comfortable and filled with gentle natural light. Free wireless internet is nice too. The owners and staff seem to have a pride of place that makes this a very charming place to spend your time. We'll definitely return here. In fact we already have once... and they had a room all prepared with the same special request pillow waiting when we arrived.

Two thumbs up for an excellent establishment!

by TripAdvisor Member slaes10

The owners and staff of Anton Valley Hotel will make your stay in El Valle and incredible one. Conveniently located in the town, the hotel offers a beautifuly decorated and comfortable setting. All the employees will go out of their way to help out- for example we were going to the thermal pools and they put together a towel package to take along with us. Free wi-fi is also another added bonus. The breakfasts are cheap and delicious. According to an expat I ran into in town who asked where we were staying, it has the reputation of being the best in town. Can't wait to return!

An Incredible Experience

by TripAdvisor Member TylerPilot007

The Anton Valley Hotel is easy to find, almost across the street from the church, right on the highway that leads to El Valle from the InterAmerican Highway. Parking is avalible in their lot, which is gated and I wasn't worried at all about my car here. Check-in was easy and quick and the courteous owners were welcoming and very friendly. Their rates can't be beat and their staff treated my fiancee and I extraordinarily well throughout our stay. The owners offered us advice on excusions and activities, which turned out to be fantastic. We stayed for 2 days and we will be back. Thanks a bunch! Bottom line: you will feel at home and be comfortable here for an extremly reasonable price. Try their excellent breakfast as well!

Better than we could have imagined....

by TripAdvisor Member PassportStampsWanted

I just returned from an 8 day trip to Panama with 3 friends, the last 2 days being spent at Anton Valley Hotel. I had high hopes for this hotel based on previous reviews and not only were my expectations met but FAR exceeded. The only wish I have is that we could have stayed longer.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by Les, Earle, Coconut (the bird) and Boots (the dog). Earle immediately remembered me and my friends as the "4 girls from San Diego" from our email correspondence. We had the family suite which was beautifully decorated and had an amazing rock shower. There were fresh flowers in the robes hanging in our room every day and towels folded into animal shapes. It seems funny to point that out but it is the little things that really make a difference in hotel stays. The room was great - fans to keep us comfortable, a mini-fridge and satellite tv (which we didn't really use except for background music while getting ready in the morning).

Earle and Les definitely spoiled us. We spent a lot of time sitting in the outdoor area playing cards and enjoying some cold beverages. We asked if we could borrow some glasses and if they had some ice.... they told us to go back and sit down and brought us glasses on a tray and an ice bucket to use for the night. Twice. We were also loaned their bikes, for free, to roam around the town a bit with advice on which way to go and what to see. They gave us great advice on where to eat and helped us find the things we wanted to do on our short visit.

Breakfast was amazing - at prices that you would never find in the states.... $3 for french toast or an amazing waffle or even an american style breakfast of eggs, bacon, potatoes, etc. The dining room was again, beatifully decorated. The staff was so kind and helpful. Les and Earle would come in and chat with us at breakfast to help us plan our day, when I asked for directions to the airport, Les told us where to go and then came back with written out detailed instructions so we wouldn't get lost.

I can't say enough how amazing our stay at Anton Valley Hotel. I would recommend anyone to stay here as the area is beautiful, the people are amazing and this property itself is exactly where anyone would want to spend time on a vacation. Thank you to Les and Earle and their staff for making the last 2 days of our trip absolutely unforgettable.

Great for Families!

by TripAdvisor Member triptakers4

We took a family vacation to Panama over Spring Break and the Anton Valley Hotel was definitely a highlight! We reserved 2 rooms for our family of four. You can’t beat the price…$55 a night. The rooms were really cute and cozy. There were fresh flowers in our robes when we arrived and the staff folded our towels into cute animals when they made up our rooms in the morning.

The hotel is located in a great, central location. The setting is so beautiful. Mountains and flowers surround you! You can walk to the market, restaurants and shops. They have bikes that you can use, for free. Since all of the locals ride bike, it’s a really neat experience. We rode bike to the mud baths one day, which was really fun. The owners, Earle and Les, packed a little towel tote for us to take with us! At the hotel there is a courtyard area with hammocks that you can relax in.

The owners went out of their way to be good hosts. They greeted us when we first arrived and introduced us to their bird, Coconut. My kids had to say “hi” to Coconut every time we’d come and go. They gave us great recommendations on restaurants and hiking trails and things to do. They even led us in their car to a trail head when we couldn’t find it. They really were great.

We would highly recommend this hotel and hope to someday return!

Fabulous!!

by TripAdvisor Member phantom5

Hands down this is the best hotel in Panama! From the moment we arrived, we were treated like old friends. The entire staff is so gracious and accomodating, we felt like we had found a home away from home.

The hotel is situated in the middle of the town, and like the hotel sign says it is "in the heart of it all". We loved being close enough to everything to either walk or ride bikes (provided by the hotel) pretty much everywhere. The hotel also provides a map of the town with all points of interest clearly marked, helpful if you've forgotten your travel guide!

Have a seat with Les or Earle, the owners, and they will give you the inside scoop on where to eat in town, local happenings and attractions in El Valle you don't want to miss.

The grounds are stunning, with beautiful and exotic flowers and plants grown by Juan their gardener extraordinaire...it feels like a little slice of paradise! The garden attracts all sorts of birds, our favorite were the hummingbirds in the most brilliant colors we had never seen before! Les and Earle also own a cockatoo who will greet you as you walk up to the hotel. His name is Coconut and he was definitely one of my favorite parts of our stay.

The rooms are lovely and the breakfast is out of this world! We even drove back from Santa Clara one morning just to eat Les and Earle's fabulous breakfast! It is some of the best tasting and best priced food in Panama.

The service, provided in the front of the house by Rudolfo was impeccable. He is a gem!! And a wonderful example of Panama's warmth and friendliness.

From helping us find the perfect hiking guide to well, helping us with just about anything we needed or wanted, the Anton Valley Hotel was first rate. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay will definitely stay with them in the future!

An Experience

by TripAdvisor Member smokey1977

My girlfriend and I traveled over 3 months from Belize through Panama and Anton Valley was the most charming, attentive and enjoyable stay of our trip. For its reasonable rates it is of excellent value. Highly recomended.

A Charming Little Hotel in a Charming Little Town

by TripAdvisor Member CarlosRaurell

I've just returned home from the Hotel Anton Valley and I miss it already.

The Hotel is right in the middle of El Valle de Anton, within a short walk of all of the town's eco-tourist attractions, restaurants and market.

My girlfriend and I arrived before the Hotel's check-in time, but that wasn't a problem at all. Within a couple of minutes, we were in our very comfortable and charmingly decorated guest room. A few minutes later, we were served a fantastic breakfast on the Hotel's lovely front porch. I think the Hotel's traditional Panamanian breakfasts are what I will miss most, especially the fresh tropical fruit, the warm and fluffy ojaldres and the crunchy carimanolas (trust me, you'll love them too).

After an afternoon hiking on La India Dormida or soaking in the hot springs, it was really great to come home to the Hotel Anton Valley and its friendly staff. Although I enjoyed feeling secluded from the hustle and bustle of city life, it was nice to have all the comforts of modern living, like satelite television and plush bathrobes, at my disposal.

All in all, the Hotel Anton Valley was the perfect place to stay on our visit to El Valle. It was also a great bargain. I hope to return someday.

Comments