Farallón Hotels

Our Members Say

• bilgeez profile photo bilgeez
  • Reviews: 259

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Royal Decameron Beach Resort: All-Inclusive Resort

I have to say I was skeptical of the quality of an all-inclusive resort at the price of a decent hotel room. How could they include all meals, beverages and entertainment at such a reasonable price? I realize labor is cheap in Panama, but even so, third-world resorts tend to have first-world prices in spite of costs.
I was not impressed with the check-in process. We were told to get off the bus and leave our bags outside an auditorium-like building were they checked in the many guests arriving that day. We verified our reservation with a person by the door and were told to sit down on some folding chairs in the hall. The only refreshment available was bottled water. The room was hot because of the crowd and the doors left open to the outside. We waited about 40 minutes and they finally called us up to a long table where we actually checked in. We had to fill out some forms and show ID. They then wanted a credit card for a security deposit for towels and damage. It was that or $25 per person, cash, so I gave them a credit card. I was not billed anything. They put our red wristbands on our left wrist, gave us the key-card for our room and bid us a good stay.
We next went across the street to the actual resort and into the main lobby to the reservations desk to make the dinner reservation for that evening. One can only make a dinner reservation after 10 am the day of the intended reservation. Taking care of that, we went down to our room. Other than the cattle-yard like check-in, that was the only unpleasant experience of the stay.

What a room! What a view! See below! Unbelievable!
Pools Everywhere! Cabanas on the beach. Lounge chairs everywhere.
There is a large scale chessboard, pool tables in a cabana, and bars scattered throughout the resort. Yes, there are shuffleboard courts and tennis courts, also!
The discos go into the wee hours and the bars and one of the restaurants is open late with a buffet for those who crave late-night snacks.
Breakfast and lunch are buffet-style. At Pacifiko restaurant, the juice bar has juice of fruit I never even heard of before! Lunch has a rib and fajita stand besides the myriad other choices. I was a little disappointed with the luncheon selections at Atlantis. The salad bar was fine, but lunch entrees were mostly rice and noodles and some baked fish and chicken, not a lot of choice compared to breakfast where one could get anything from muffins to omelettes.
We had dinner in the Sushi Samba the first night, it featured sushi, which was ok and they also offered fried rice and some other hot dishes and had a salad/desert bar. It was ok, but not exciting.
The second night we ate at the Kontiky restaurant. That was a much better experience!
They had many fresh fish and seafood dishes, steak and chicken. They also had a soup, salad, bread and desert buffet, but it was much more upscale than the Kon Tiki. I had a seafood linguini dish, with a creamy wine sauce, that was exquisite! I would eat dinner there again if I return. I wish I could have stayed longer, as there are eight other restraurants available for dinner that I didn't try. I met a Canadian couple who had spent two weeks there and they gave their recommendations for what to get at the other restaurants as they had hit all of them several times during their stay.
I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone considering an all-inclusive resort in Panama. There are several others, but from what I have learned from people I spoke with who had gone to others, this is by far the best! I would be inclined to agree!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average