I signed up for white Water Rafting in Feb when i booked it Javier said water level is low and will be using inflatable Kayaks. The water level was so low we had to work hard and paddle more because the water level was so shallow we got grounded on top of rocks and boulders most of the time and had to walk around area because too many large boulders and not enough room to cross.
This is Summer time here in Panama temps in the 80s and humid and not alot of rain.
The Cost was $ 125 for 1 person.
They picked me up at 8 am at my hotel and drove about 40 mins to have breakfast we had to pay ourselves. Then drove another 30 mins unloaded and a 4x4 pickup truck drove to the PUT in for our start. There were 5 of us and 4 guides. 1 guide had a small hardshell kayak. 2 persons per Kayak. We did fall in about 3 or 4 times because the water level is so low exposing the rocks and bolders.
If you go rafting go when water level is high= Less paddle and faster current less chance of falling in since rocks and boulders wont be exposed as much.
Taxis in Panama City
Taxis in Panama City are plentiful, however here are a few things you should know:
1) Although by law, the drivers are supposed to stop and pick up a fare and take them where they want to go in the city, many drivers are choosy, custom is, if they stop, you have to ask them to take you somewhere, if they don´t want to take you they usually drive off without a word. Even if you get in first, they will tell you to get out if they don´t want to go where you want them to take you. So, play the game. It may be frustrating some times, but that is how it is here. Most drivers are accomodating, helpful and friendly, but some are not and are very rude or wlll try to scam you. Be careful!
2) Don´t go with cab drivers that are anxious to take you. If you are at one of the Malls or one of the Hotels and a driver approaches you and asks if you want a cab, do not take it! He may be a set-up man for a robbery or worse, at very least, he is going to way over-charge you. For most trips in Panama City, you should not pay more than $3.50 to go anywhere, if you are say, at the Hotel Continental or Marriott on Via España and want to go to Multicentro Mall, the fare should not be more than $1.75. If a driver wants more than that, find another one! Ask before you get in the cab how much the fare will be if you don´t know.
3) If you are at Albrook Mall in the evening it may be very difficult to find a cab at that time, you have to be patient and persistent, especially if you have several packages with you, many cab drivers don´t want to wait for you to load your packages or to get out and open the trunk for you if their trunk (boot) release is not working in the car.
4) Cabs may not take you to Howard, Arrijan, Chorrera or Coronado. It is over the canal and they don´t want to go there, you may have to take a bus or hire a limo to take you there.
5) Cabs will charge a lot more to take you Tocumen Airport. They can do this, so if possible, try to take a shuttle or bus to Tocumen Airport if you can, it will be much cheaper.
The Fresh Servers
Greasy fried chicken wings,curly fries. watching Basketball on Big Screen TV.
Sampler Platter=$17.99 shrimp,lobster legs,shrimp,chicken wings,fried shrimp.
Papas frit=$1.50=Curly fries
Amstel lite=$ $ 3.50 Beer The woman.
A couple of miles east of the heart of today’s city are the ruins of the original town, destroyed in 1671 by pirates under Henry Morgan. The ruins are encompassed in a park along the seashore and Avenida 6 Sur/Avenida Cincuentenario. Signs describe the ruins - an imagination is required as there is not much left. The old Cathedral is in the process of being restored and there is a museum to help you make more sense of the history in place. Next to the Cathedral is a large building housing different shops in the Mercado Nacional de Artesanias where you can find many examples of handicrafts from around the country.
Ancon Expeditions - Travel Agency
It was created by the best conservation organisation and has the most dedicated nature guides. It organises excellent trips, including Darien jungle, and stays at its lodges. It's a well-organised operation but a little pricey. If you are short of time and you can afford the high prices of the excursions it's very convenient to book your trips around the country and not worry about anything more.
San Blas packet 400$ for 2 nights-3 days...