Holiday Inn City Of Knowledge

Costs 37% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Panamá City

Entrance to the ChurchEntrance to the Church

Monumento a Nuñez de BalboaMonumento a Nuñez de Balboa

A look from the start of the AvenueA look from the start of the Avenue

The Metropolitan CathedralThe Metropolitan Cathedral

Short Connection in Panama City Airport

Wazzup, good people?

I am going to Salvador da Bahia at the end of the month on Copa Airlines via Panama City.

I have a short connection of 1 hour 1 minute on Copa.

Has anyone taken a flight like this on Copa. Is it enough time? Do they typically hold the plane?

I usually like longer connections, but it's seems routine for Copa and people tell me it's OK.

Anyone have any experience?

Many thanks,

g

by suzannemoore

Hi
As long as the ticket was purchased through the correct channels then this should be fine. Each airline booking agent has to make sure that the legal minimum connecting time allows the passenger to land, and then transfer to his/her connecting flight. If the connection is too short then the airline/consultant would not be able to book that ticket and you would have been offered an alternative.

Hope this helps!
Suzanne Moore - Twisted Travel

by giampiero6

Thanks for that. It's an expedia ticket so no worries, I just mean the practicalities of actually getting there. For example, for half the tickets 'legally' booked through CDG there is no way in hell you are making the connection :)

Is twisted travel your travel agency?

by ricky52

Have you tried virtualtourist.com, I have heard that they are good :o)

what's that url again?

by nhoolb

That should be OK, staying in-transit without any immigration procedures (apart from maybe a security check).
COPA is an efficient airline and has a good on-time performance, that has been my experience.

As an extra note: I have managed (on-line and interline) connection times of 30 minutes in European airports, even with immigration formalities (entering/leaving the Schengen area) and security and even with my luggage making it.

by giampiero6

Thanks for the tips guys!

Travel Tips for Panamá City

Accomodation & Night Life tip

by ebolivar

Depending on How long you will be staying, you can find excelent options, you can browse in www.encuentra24.com but you will need to read spanish, If you write me direct I can contact you with a real state agent friend of mine. ebolivar@cableonda.net

In Night Life there are lots of option, but you must visit ZONA VIVA in the causeway of Amador, when you are there, drop in Karaoke SHOT, thats my Bar, Im always there from thursday to saturday after 10pm.

See ya!

Volleyball

by Art77

I was surprised not to see people playing (beach) volleyball on the beaches around Panama City
Maybe somebody knows the good spots ? Please let us know ! We are very enthusiastic and would like to play as often as possible, or at least on week-ends
Art77
Email: artour_a@yahoo.com We do a have volleyball and a net

Domestic Airplane Travel

by ianerin

The domestic airport for Panama City is located much closer to the center of the city, and a taxi ride is the easiest way of getting there inexpensively. I warn that Panamanian airlines do not have the highest safety rating, even incurring U.S. State Department travel warnings. Those who are not comfortable in smaller planes like turboprops should consider other forms of transportation throughout Panama.

That being said, I found my journey from Panama City to Bocas Del Toro easy, fast and affordable. For only about $50, I was able to fly one way between the two locations in a matter of about 45 minutes, whereas it would have taken hours to days to get there by bus and boat. If you are on a time crunch and don't mind shelling out a little extra, I reccomend it.

German Food in Panama City

by bilgeez about Steinbock

Steinbock is an authentic German Restaurant inside and out. The place looks out of place in this tropical city, and inside reminds me of the restaurants I´ve been in in Germany.
The fare is all German, one can get schnitzels, wuersts, and several types of German beer.
They have Paulaner Hefeweizen, Oktoberfest and Hell; Spaten Optimator and Lager; Warsteiner, and Beck´s in bottles and the Panamanian beers. We had a Wurstteller with Weiss, Bock, and Currywurst and rye bread and saurkraut. The wursts were fantastic! The bread seemed a bit stale, but it was tastey, the kraut was excellent. We had Paulaner Oktoberfest beers with it, since it was October when we went, albeit after Oktoberfest ended.
I would like to try some of the Schnitzel or Saurbraten next time I go, they seemed good from the other diners I saw eating those dishes.
It is quite pricey here, for two, our tab was over $30, which is about triple what we pay for lunch here at Panamanian or Latino restaurants. But it is worth it because the quality of the food is outstanding!
Won´t frequent this place much, but for a special occasion or to splurge, we will go again!

Panamá Viejo

by April_M

The Old City is located in the East end of Panama. We walked there, and the walk was almost as interesting as the Old City itself.

Walking to this part of town shows the visitor an area of the city that is different from any other part we saw. Vacant and slightly menacing for part of the walk, the area nearest to the Old City is filled with a unique character with a few tiny local shops and car mechanics; and kids running all over the place.

The Old City is actually a large area of ruins of the first city that the Spanish built here. Lots of buildings, including an old church, are identifiable and remain a testament to the Panama's colonial history.

Comments