Satisfaction Very Good
Value Score No Data
Good For Business
Solo Traveller? Great Place to Meet Others.
I had never stayed in a hostel before and was a little apprehensive because of cleanliness and horror stories you hear. But this one was different.
How did I pick Mamallena?
I looked online and they seemed to have a problem with being sold out. So I thought they must be good. They also had an EXCELLENT rating at all of the websites.
They were not wrong! What made this hostel special for me?
1) The staff - minus the cat (not a huge cat lover). They are all there (including the cat) to make you feel welcome. They want to get you involved, they leave you alone and they are very helpful. Even though I was leaving and staying somewhere close by they said to stop by and hang out if I wanted to. Ahhh.
2) Pancakes were good. I'm an expert on these thing.
3) The lounge areas were awesome and you can't beat the $1 beers.
Unique Quality: I really liked the lounge areas. Free and working WIFI. Hammocks if you just want to chill. They had about 5 different chill out areas. It was very clean.
Treat yourself to a private room if you can, although all rooms are just fine.
The location is FANTASTIC. You can walk to everything.
I also like the fact that they arranged transportation for me from the airport.
Jorge, was there - ready and waiting with a sign. I felt like a movie star.
The city tour by Marc Anthony was also a highlight of the stay. Through the hostel - $25 can't go wrong and he took us EVERYWHERE.
Directions: Between Casco Viejo and downtown. Great area for walking and if you want to take a bus, it's not far at all from the hostel.
Great place to stay for 10 dollars
This is a really great hostel, with clean rooms, a/c at night, two computers with internet, a t.v., a great porch to relax on, and a full kitchen. The beds are comfortable, the people are nice, the location is hard to beat, and it is very, very safe. Sure a little more bathroom space would be nice, but who cares, just wait twenty minutes and it'll be your turn. The adverts say there is hot water, but I went there twice and there was no hot water, though this could have been a fluke. I recommend this hostel above all others in Panama City. Only 10 dollars per dorm bed.
Unique Quality: Great over all!
Popular Hotels in Panamá City
Eusebio A. Morales Street and Via Espana, P.O. Box 8457, Panama City, Panama
Via Italia Punta Paitilla, Punta Paitilla, Panama City, Panama
Calle 52 y Ricardo Arias, Area Bancaria, Panama City, Panama, Panama
Pacific Coast, Panama City, Panama
Explore the World
- Sheraton Casino And Hotel Tunica Resorts
- The Orient Star Resort Lumut
- Sharm Dreams Resort Hilton
- The Claridges, Surajkund, Dehli, NCR
- Kampung Tok Senik Hotel
- Singapore Motel
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Saco
- Florida Vacation Villas Kissimmee
- Cancun Resort
- The Ritz-Carlton Pentagon City
- Sunway Resort Hotel
- Aparthotel Tamaimo Tropical
- Alexandra Apartment Hotel
- Matai Lodge