4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City

Multicentro

by JuancitoPA

Located in Paitlla, one of the most wealthiest areas of Panama City.

Largest shopping mall in Central America. Has a casino, movie theater, arcade, internet cafe, librarys, 3 department stores and much more shops. It is also connected with Radisson Decapolis Hotel.

some serious cocktails

by call_me_rhia about martini Bar

After a long search we finally found a great spot for some serious cocktails in town... which sounded a lot more fun than hanging out at the many casinos. We really liked the Martini bar in the Radisson Decapolis Hotel... blue lights and a decadent atmosphere. The mojitos were quite good, too. There's no strict dress code, but smart casual is preferred.

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member bwated

We loved our stay at the Radisson Decapolis. This hotel is centrally located, the rooms are very modern and comfortable with all the amenities necessary. Beautiful pool, great spa, great restaurants and a very happening sushi bar. The service is good and everyone is quite friendly and helpful. We were really pleased with the Decapolis and had an incredible time in Panama City, we can't wait to go back.

Great Hotel!

We stayed at the Decapolis for 2 nights at the beginning of June 2006. The hotel was great. Location is perfect and it is attached to a mall (Multi-Centro) and the Majestic Casino. It is very modern in stylings and the staff were very helpful and spoke excellent English. Fusion Restaurant was AMAZING! The buffet at Luxor was also excellent! Highly recommend this hotel.

Fashionable Fun in Panama City

by TripAdvisor Member christianneanastasia

I stayed at the Decapolis for three days this January, and was overall very pleased with the accomodations and amenities this property offered. We found a great rate online, and were given a room on the 11th floor--high enough to be away from street noise, but still part of the less-expensive section of the hotel (prices, and amenities, go up when you book rooms on the fourteenth floor and higher). The room was modern and spacious, and boasted a great view of Casco Viejo from our window. The hotel is located just across from a shopping mall and casino, and has a pool bar on the fourth floor in addition to its regular bar in the lobby, so there's plenty for restless and sociable travelers to do. The Decapolis is highly reminiscent of Ian Schrager's hotels in New York, so if you enjoy that ultra-modern, flashy style of accomodation, you'll adore the Decapolis. The only complaints I had are minor: use of the gym and of the Internet/business center is extra, rather than complimentary, as it is at many other hotels, and the rules prohibiting shorts and sleeveless tops in the downstairs restaurant seem rather ridiculous, given that the hotel gears itself so strongly towards tourists. Advantages are its location, its downstairs tour desk, where you can arrange outings to different attractions in Panama, and its inexpensive and extremely well-maintained spa, where you can enjoy steam baths, saunas, massages and facials. I would recommend it to sociable travelers and those who appreciate haute modern style.

Excellent choice

by TripAdvisor Member Traveldoc10

Recently returned from a Central and So. American trip and had the opportunuty to stay at the Radisson Decapolis for 3 days. We were all (4) impressed with the hotel, its service, food, and location. 5 star it is not, but it is an excelllent value. I had read reviews stating "the elevator was slow", "service was shoddy", the "bare breasted indians on the wall overlyooking the beds were offensive", etc. Give me a break. We found no such problems. The included b'fast was excellent, the rooms were spotless and spacious. The hotel is new with a very modern motif and decorations. If you must have the staid Waldorf Astoria look, you probably would be disappointed, but if you're open minded in your tastes, go for it. BTW, if you'd like an excellent driver/guide I'd strongly recommend Carlos Aleman (-----), (-----) He is a charming, knowledgeable, trilingual,(French, Spanish, English), Panamanian born gentleman who has lived in the US and Montreal. His English is excellent as are his tours. He'll meet you at the airport in his comfortable van for a few dollars more than a cab to the hotel. Can't miss. Enjoy

Very "W": modern, spacious, complete with techno music!

by TripAdvisor Member Girloadventure

Not for families with kids, but these two 30-somethings loved it. This was very much a "W" con Central Americano kind of place: smoky bar in the lobby (delicious sushi!), lots of metal and glass and yes -- there are bright, modern paintings which show actual breasts (and it is about as "offensive" as National Geographic meets Andy Warhol; see photos and you be the judge). I thought the artwork was fresh and fun: Panamanian Indians instead of Campbell's Soup cans! How else would you do mod in Panama? The pool is awesome: look out on the city as you take a dip, sip a cocktail and listen to the many languages around you as people from everywhere except USA seem to love Decapolis. Our suite was on the 19th floor and had a great view yet cost about $115 a night -- you can't do THAT in NYC!! Staff was friendly but sometimes a tad snotty. Don't dare wear shorts to breakfast, folks. You will be sent away, you shameful tourist! I saw no shady characters lurking anywhere inside the hotel but the casino isn't my thing (the mall either). My one gripe: the hotel is too far from everything except the heart of the banking district. Not quite walking distance to anything really. Otherwise, the hotel was fun, clean and funky fresh, yo! Breakfast buffet was full of fresh fruit, cheese and was much enjoyed.

Great modern hotel for an up and coming city.

by TripAdvisor Member belizelaw

I was very impressed with this hotel and it's trendy decor. It also had a great location and helpful staff.

Good things about the hotel:
--clean
--good food (I ate the included breakfast at the restaurant)
--good services (I had a great room-service swedish massage)
--connected by a third-floor passageway to the Multicentro, a mall that gave me more eating and shopping choices
--in a nice section of town.
--the staff was English-friendly.

If I were to name negatives or things that a potential traveler might not like, I can think of the following:

--The decor is too modern for some people.
--I was awakened at night by people in the hallway, so the room must not have been very soundproof.
--The gym was not quite as nice as the one at Caesar's Park.

Overall, I'd happily stay there again.

Great time in a great hotel.

Spent a week at the hotel, chose by a recommendation of a friend. Spent most of the time in the hotel either in the bar/lounge or the restaurant. The bar is very nice, has a very modern feel without being overstated. The decorations added nicely to the feel of the room, as did the comfortable seating which encouraged mingling with the other patrons. The bar is a very popular spot, not just for guests of the hotel but for the trendier residents of the area. The crowd is on the younger side and everyone seemed to be having a great time. The restaurant was excellent, food was very good but the main attraction was the giant stone head overlooking everyone at their tables. The other attraction in the restaurant was the ceiling, had cutouts to the bottom of the hotels pool where if you were lucky you could see an attractive guest swimming above you.
The rooms were very nice, had a cool modern feel to them as well. Enjoyed the local artwork as well.
All in all the hotel was excellent and was serviced by an excellent staff that was very attentive to my needs.
I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again the next time I am in Panama.

Absolutely loved this hotel

This was by far the one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at. My husband and myself were treated like royalty. Everyone was very attentive to our needs, and was very warm and friendly. The room was very clean, modern and lovely, as was the entire hotel. Very modern and spectacular. Definitely worth the trip. The food and drinks were the very best! We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, and would definitely go back again.

The old department stores on CentralThe old department stores on Central

Another part of the complexAnother part of the complex

The altarThe altar

Dessert TableDessert Table

Radison Decapolis or Gamboa Rainforest?

by GirlMoose

My husband and I are thinking of going to Panama in October. He wants to stay at the Gamboa Rainforest Resort for the ambience and ecological aspects, and I want to stay at the Radisson Decrapolis for the location. I figure we can still do the ecological tour thing from Panama City. He figures we can still do the panama canal tour and city visit from the Gamboa. Any thoughts? Anyone stay at either of these hotels? And if so would you recommend either one?

Thanks!

RE: Radison Decapolis or Gamboa Rainforest?

by wapanda10

I vote for Decapolis too, you will have more Restaurants, Shopping and Tours option from Panama City than Gamboa, also Gamboa during the night could be boring for the limited activities availables there and is more easier for you spend one day to visit Gamboa Hotel and do any ecological tour around than spend the major nights moving to Panama City for action.

In my opinion Gamboa is great if you only like to spend your vacations in a rainforest resort.

Good lucks,

RE: RE: Radison Decapolis or Gamboa Rainforest?

by GirlMoose

Thanks Mario!

RE: Radison Decapolis or Gamboa Rainforest?

by Panamaniac

If the Radisson to which you refer is in Panama City ("Decapolis" throws me), that would be the better option for the first-time visitor. Panama City is so centrally located in the country that practically every point of interest revolves around it, including the GRR, which you don't have to be a hotel guess to visit.

Hotels in Panama City

by ahaynes122

Going to Panama City the last week of November.
I'm going with my parents (74 & 68) and my brother (30). We are looking for hotels in Panama City. We would like a 2 room suite, but the only place that comes up is the Best Western. I haven't heard good reviews and it doesn't have a pool (my request) and doesn't have a business center (my father's request). We do want to stay in the City. My parents are thinking of buying a retirement condo there.
Anyway, any guidance on hotels would be great. There's just so many and I don't know if I can trust the pics on Expecia.
Hotels that we are considering: Crystal Suites, Radisson, Marriott, Suite Ambassador, Tower House Suites, Intercontinental, and Holiday Inn.
Thanks..Alexandra

Re: Hotels in Panama City

by TamirB

Hi there Alexandra

I think the Crystal Suites is a good option, its clean, it has a pool, a kichen and most important, their suites are affordable.

Re: Hotels in Panama City

by Juank

Hi, im from panama, i can recomend you Royal Decameron Playa Blanca, its really great, its out of the city, but if you want to stay in the city theres a lot of good hotels like marriot, Decapolis ( Decameron in the city), Miramar, Ceasar park.
I Preffer Decameron playa blanca. Ufff really great

Alexandra, here

by Juank

Hi, Alexandra heres a website with hotel information

if you got a question write me juan_carlos_guer@hotmai.com

Re: Alexandra, here

by YVRDave

Also try The Bristol. www.lhw.com

Stay in Panama City or outside? Which hotel??

by MaryMas

Hello

My boyfriend and I are coming to Panama City for 8 nights in December.
We were thinking of just staying in Panama City and then traveling around to see places (probably in tours). We would obviously like to do the Canal, but also do the Embera Village tour, Monkey Island and the Gamboa Rainforest resort (boyfriend is big on rainforests). Is it OK to just stay in Panama City or should we look at spending a few days outside?
Also, could anyone recommend a nice hotel in Panama City, close to restaurants, sights and shops?
Thanks!!

RE: Stay in Panama City or outside? Which hotel??

by wapanda10

For sure Panama city is the place to stay and from there move to the other interesting places such as the Canal, Embera Indians, Gamboa and others. You can do the tour for your own or if you like book with a local tour operator I recommend you contact to www.viajesalmiza.com

My hotel recommendation depend of your budget
Low budget
Hotel Milan, no pool but great location a good price.

other could be Hotel Marbella, they have not website but great location for USD40/night.

for a bit more (USD55/night) Plaza Paitilla is my next option, they have pool and bay view.

if you want to spend more money in accommodation I can recommend you some more.

Good lucks,

RE: Stay in Panama City or outside? Which hotel??

by panamax1947

Dear Marymas: If your are considerering to stay at Gamboa Rainforest Resort, you´re willing to pay more. If your want a hotel near restaurants and shops, try Best Western, (00507) 213-2222, ventas@lashuacas.com, or Radisson Decapolis. There is a good mall, just in front of it. Less expensive suggestions by other repliers are also good. Don´t forget to visit Barro Colorado Island (see my page).Enjoy your trip!
panamax1947