3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Road 115 km 5.8, Anasco, , Puerto Rico, 00610, Caribbean

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• Not worth the money

We stayed here over New Year's and were severely disappointed with the quality of the room. There was dust everywhere (on the bathroom shelves and toilet lid, on the TV, and on the night stand), the lamp shades had rust spots, and there was what looked like mold on the telephone. There were the remains of a sticker on the tub and the inside of the comforter. Normally, if I have a complaint about something, I will speak to the staff but if the room is not clean, the hotel fails immediately, in my opinion. There were exactly four towels in our room (one for each of us) and only one wash cloth. The TV was old and the picture quality was terrible, very grainy, which is rare with cable.

We tried the breakfast buffet one morning. We were shown to a table where the seats had crumbs all over them and two of the coffee cups were not completely clean. The eggs were very dry. There was a good selection of pastries but I did not try those. Breakfast was approximately $10 per person. On subsequent days, we tried a little shop/bakery down the road where we all ate (4 of us) for around $12.

Other ways in which the hotel cheapen your stay is by charging your card BEFORE your complete your stay, something I have never seen anywhere and found very insulting. They also issued us arm bands to wear during our stay to identify us as guests. I personally hate wearing arm bands and was uncomfortable wearing it for days at a time, especially on the beach. I do not believe everyone is required to wear these bands since not all the guests had them on. I am not clear what criteria they use to issue these arm bands. They have a security guard patrolling the pool/beach area to deter non-paying guests from using the hotel amenities which I found quite annoying since they questioned my husband when we went to check out the beach on the first day. The hotel apparently has some tennis courts but they are in a section of the property that is unkempt and looks abandoned, I am not sure the courts are even usable.

Unique Quality: beautiful beach

• SmileyLeSa's Profile Photo

Rincon Beach Resort

I had a great room at the Rincon Beach resort, with a wonderful water front view. The hotel was located about 15 minutes from Mayaguez

Unique Quality: The view was great. There is an ocean front, but not one which you can walk for a distance on. Rincon Puerto Rico is famous for wind surfing and wave sailing.

Directions: Anasco, Puerto Rico

More about Rincon Beach Resort

Liked the Rincon Beach Resort

This was our first time in Rincon so we decided to stay two nights at the hotel and two nights at a guest house in town. Our stay here was great. The pool area is really pretty and the desk staff jumped at the chance to help us with our lost rental car keys. The hot tub was a little on the tepid side but we asked for it to be turned up and it was. One drawback: on the weekends the hotel pool gets busy as anyone from the area, typically San Juan, can come partake in the hotel. Lots of kiddies and a crowded pool. We would come back here again.

Mayaguez - Rincon

by scaleguy about Rincon Beach Resort

Rincon Beach Resort is located North of Mayaguez on the West coast of Puerto Rico. The resort is very clean nd he staff is friendly and accomodating. Two and a half hour drive from San Juan although there is an airport and rental cars available in Mayaguez. The resort grounds are fenced and secured from the locals. There is a local bar across the street from the main complex entrance. This can be quite loud when you are trying to sleep. There is a swim up bar in the resort pool, however, the bar closes at 6 PM. There is also a bar located in the open air lobby. Food and drinks are expensive. There is a beutiful view of the ocean from the resort beach. Sunsets are spectacular.
There is also an interesting chess set in the resort commons for guests to play.
Free wireless internet is available in the lobby area only. Data port available in the guest rooms.
It is a short drive from the resort to the Rincon lighthouse. Well maintained and a favorite local hangout.

Paradise Found

by TripAdvisor Member bobgrover79

We used this site to choose our hotel and are happy to report we were not disappointed. We chose Rincon Beach Resort over Villa Confressi and Rincon Beach Resort and feel we made the right choice. If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing resort in Puerto Rico, away from the hustle and bustle, you need to consider this place.

Rincon Beach Resort is a newer 4 story hotel with about 65 rooms. All rooms face the ocean and overlook the pool. Everything was very clean and very nice. The staff was great but we were not very demanding and didn't interact with them much. The pool is long and skinny and is between the hotel and the beach. There is a deck between the pool and beach lined with lounge chairs. the beach is sandy and clean but somewhat steep along the water. There is a light surf that pounds the beach but is poor for boogie boarding. We saw many children playing in the surf with little risk.

We were there from 2/7-2/9, 2005 and stayed in a jr. suite. We payed $200 plus tax. The room was nice with a king bed, sofa bed, large patio with table and chairs, and a huge bathroom with jacuzzi. We loved it.

Rincon is a somewhat remote, location 2.5 hours from San Juan. You can Fly into Mayagues which is only 15 minutes from Rincon but we flew into San Juan and rented a car. We were glad to have a car as it allowed us to explore a little. If you are going to drive, be prepared for a lot of congestion, pot holes and agressive drivers.

We ate at several great restaurants as recommended by the hotel staff. The Black Eagle is located near the marina about 1 mile north of town. The Lazy Parrott is on top of the hill along 413. El Nuevo Flamboyan is half the way down 4400 on your way to Sandy Beach. All were supurb and we highly recommend them all. We also ate lunch at Redbeards, a little taco stand at the south intersection of 115 and 429 just 1 mile from Rincon Beach Resort. The "gringo" who runs the stand was interesting and made great food.

Rincon is a gringo surfer hangout as the waves north by the lighthouse are some of the best around. Otherwise, it appears to be a Puerto Rican weekend and vacation destination. It is off the beaten path and just what we wanted.

BEAUTIFUL BUT REMOTE

We went to Rincon Beach Resort on our honeymoon. It was our first time in Puerto Rico, and our first time in the Carribbean. We usually like to travel to European destinations but thought we would try a relaxing holiday after the hustle and bustle of the wedding. We were looking forward to spending time at Rincon Beach Resort, relaxing and calming down.

Although it was beautiful, it was remote. You definately need to have a car in western Puerto Rico. There are a lot of great sights to see (Camuy Caves, Ponce, Coffee Plantation, etc.) but you need to drive for a while to see any of them. The hotel was beautiful and the pool area was nice and quiet. The beach was a little dirty however, and could have used a good raking. The rooms were tidy, we had a nice view of the ocean from our deck and it was nice to read out there in the mornings. When we arrived, they put us in a pretty ugly room, and we asked to switch and they were very accommodating.

I was expecting a great experience from the Resort, especially based on the cost, but we were left with an "ok" taste in our mouth. If the remoteness doesn't bother you, it is a nice place to get away to. However, it seemed like there were better, more beautiful, more service oriented, more architecturally interesting Resorts to stay at in wester Puerto Rico. For the price, we were expecting more.

A new found love for my native country!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member CurlyDee

I just returned from my last vacation as a single person with my parents and little brother at Rincon Beach Resort being that i'm getting married in July. I can honestly say that I have never been anywhere so beautiful in Puerto Rico or any other tropical island. Being Puerto Rican, I've never traveled to that side of the island being that the rest of my family lives on the East side by San Juan and Arecibo. Walking in was breathtaking as well as the ocean view, hotel room view, and courtyard view. It was UNBELIEVABLE in a word. My little cousins and my aunt accompanied us as well and we agreed to come right back next year in February (which is DEFINITELY the best time of the year to go....every other time is too hot or rainy). The food was good but pricey. There are couple of family restaurants nearby that are a little more economical. The towel key was a little inconvenient but not that serious. They give you as many as you want and never bother you. Drinks in/by the pool ROCKED!! The life size chess board for kids were great too! They even had a water works hour of entertainment for the kids of the poor on Saturdays! I truly enjoyed my stay and I hope this helps!! :o)

The New Puerto Rico Beaches

by TripAdvisor Member Gurumanjohn

Just returned from 6 days at the Rincon Beach Resort with my wife and adult daughter. It's on the Western end of Puerto Rico. Takes about 2 hours by car from San Juan. Lots of nice, secluded beaches. Good surfing if that's your thing and lots to see and do within a one hour drive in all directions. We chose to veg out on the hotel beach and at their very nice pool. Rooms are good, nothing terribly special, but more than adequate. Food at the hotel is ok, but very expensive. Get in the car and go out. There are at least a dozen beach shack restaurants within ten minutes of the hotel and another twenty or thirty within another fifteen minutes. These all have fresh fish, prepared simply but well. You can get a good meal for about $18 per person. There are also some great restaurants (Horned Dorset, for example) in the area, but be prepared to pay $80-100 pperson with drinks and wine. The online travel sites generally have good discounts on this hotel. You can fly into Aguadilla Airport if you like but for some reason the flights arrive there at strange hours. The drive from San Juan is enjoyable unless you run into rush hour in Camuy (about half way). All in all, a nice change from the eastern end of the island and a relatively good bargain.

This Resort is almost perfect

Hello! My girlfriend and I just returned from a 5day 5night stay at the Rincon Beach Resort, and are INCREDIBLY relaxed, and VERY satisfied. The food there is EXCELLENT. One thing to remember is: THE PRICES ARE THE SAME AS IN THE STATES. You are NOT in Mexico, and you are NOT in the D.R. You are in a commonwealth of the U.S., and therefore the dollar is the currency, and the prices reflect the american economy, so therefore you are at a nice resort, so you will be paying $20 - $30 a night for dinner. If you remember this, and are ok with this, everything with be wonderful.

We had a very comfortable bed, in a very clean room overlooking the pool and the ocean. The water pressure is awesome and the walls are thick, thick, thick so you don't hear anyone else's business. The beach is very clean and the pool is within feet of the ocean. The breakfast buffet has great variety of food and if you eat enough you won't really need lunch, so the cost pans itself out... for a snack you can drive up to KAPLASH, an empanadas place 1 minute to the north of the resort that is very cheap, and very good.

RENTING A CAR IS A MUST- if you want to do anything outside of the resort. Also- they are kind enough to furnish each room with an empty mini fridge, basically encouraging you to purchase food and beverages at the local markets to subsidize the expensive food if you are worried about costs... but again, it must be noted that the food is expensive primarily because of its quality- I had the Aregentinean Style Steak at least 4 times, and was impressed every time- and I have eaten at Peter Lugers and The Palm in NYC many times, but this steak was some of the best I had ever had. And for brunch there is unlimited Lox (smoked salmon) that my girfriend must have eaten a half pound of every morning... such good food!!!
We were lucky in that we had great weather- It rained one day, so we went to this lighthouse and saw humpback whales- then we went to a great surfboarding bar/restaurant called Calypso which was a great vibe.

It's important to note, however, that this place is full of family reunions and therefore tons of kids! We went the week between xmas and new years which may account for so many children but there were definitely more family with kids than adults alone. Depending on the family, of course, some kids were alone most of the time without parents, which is a downfall when some kid is eating a donut in the hot tub.

Overall, we had a great time and would recommend the place to others. Beautiful beach, great food, nice rooms, relaxing time.

Nice place but quirky policies and service

The good....
The Rincon Beach Resort is a pretty facility located on a great stretch of beach. It is a great place for families with kids. We had a suite with two bedrooms attached, which worked well. The place had a nice kitchen. If you don't get a suite, the rooms might be a little small on their own. The beach is beautiful and the hotel pool and hot tub are big and very nice.

The bad....
We had some issues with the hotel. First, we did not get the room we had reserved. We had reserved a nice room closer to the beach and ended up getting a room in a different building. We were charged the price for the room we got, which was lower than the price of the room we were supposed to have, but we were disturbed that they would change our reservation without consulting us. Also, they charged us for the full amount for our stay and did not deduct the deposit we had paid to reserve our room. Once we contacted the front desk, they corrected the error, but we felt they should not have made that error in the first place.

The hotel has an annoying beach towel policy. They give you cards which you have to turn in at the front desk for a towel. It would have been nice if they had a place near the pool and beach to do this. The front desk was always busy and we had to wait in line each time we needed a new towel.

The hotel fitness center was a joke. It was in a small room that was hot and humid. It had a treadmill, a stationary bike and a mulitpurpose nautilus machine. None of these worked well.

The hotel provided entertainment nightly. The musicians were loud and we could hear them from our room with all the doors and windows shut. I can't imagine what it was like if you went down to the courtyard where they were performing.

Lastly, the resort is on the other side of the island from the main airport. It isn't far in miles, but it took over 2 hours to get to it from San Juan because the highway doesn't go all the way to Rincon. Puerto Ricans are crazy, dangerous drivers so be careful. We felt the resort was too far from San Juan to go in for a day of shopping.

Rincon Beach Resort lobbyRincon Beach Resort lobby

Rincon beach sunsetRincon beach sunset

Rincon, Puerto Rico with a baby

by brandonjp

We're going to Rincon, PR soon. Two adults and a baby. I'm looking for tips on where to stay...we're considering Rincon on the Sea or Rincon Beach Resort. We don't need super fancy, but we would like to be close to the beach & clean, comfortable and available childcare...and trustworthy! If you have any child care tips for Rincon, please let me know as well. Any overall suggestions are welcomed as well. Thanks!!
--bp