Road 115 km 5.8, Anasco, , Puerto Rico, 00610, Caribbean

Average Value

Price and Rating Equal to similar hotels

See Nearby Hotels

Not worth the money

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 4, 2010

We stayed here over New Year's and were severely disappointed with the quality of the room. There was dust everywhere (on the bathroom shelves and toilet lid, on the TV, and on the night stand), the lamp shades had rust spots, and there was what looked like mold on the telephone. There were the remains of a sticker on the tub and the inside of the comforter. Normally, if I have a complaint about something, I will speak to the staff but if the room is not clean, the hotel fails immediately, in my opinion. There were exactly four towels in our room (one for each of us) and only one wash cloth. The TV was old and the picture quality was terrible, very grainy, which is rare with cable.

We tried the breakfast buffet one morning. We were shown to a table where the seats had crumbs all over them and two of the coffee cups were not completely clean. The eggs were very dry. There was a good selection of pastries but I did not try those. Breakfast was approximately $10 per person. On subsequent days, we tried a little shop/bakery down the road where we all ate (4 of us) for around $12.

Other ways in which the hotel cheapen your stay is by charging your card BEFORE your complete your stay, something I have never seen anywhere and found very insulting. They also issued us arm bands to wear during our stay to identify us as guests. I personally hate wearing arm bands and was uncomfortable wearing it for days at a time, especially on the beach. I do not believe everyone is required to wear these bands since not all the guests had them on. I am not clear what criteria they use to issue these arm bands. They have a security guard patrolling the pool/beach area to deter non-paying guests from using the hotel amenities which I found quite annoying since they questioned my husband when we went to check out the beach on the first day. The hotel apparently has some tennis courts but they are in a section of the property that is unkempt and looks abandoned, I am not sure the courts are even usable.

Unique Quality: beautiful beach

SmileyLeSa's Profile Photo

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 29, 2004

I had a great room at the Rincon Beach resort, with a wonderful water front view. The hotel was located about 15 minutes from Mayaguez

Unique Quality: The view was great. There is an ocean front, but not one which you can walk for a distance on. Rincon Puerto Rico is famous for wind surfing and wave sailing.

Directions: Anasco, Puerto Rico

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Anasco Travel Forum

Need advice about Anasco, Puerto Rico? Visit the Travel Forum for Anasco and ask our Answer Gurus.

Anasco Travel Guide