6530 Isla Verde Ave, Carolina, Puerto Rico, 00979, Caribbean
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan

Great Hotel!!

by TripAdvisor Member hardingk

We stayed at The Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan for 1 night pre-cruise. I got a great rate on the Hampton Inn Website of $149 for 3 adults for a king, pool view suite and included 2 free drinks! The room had a separate bedroom with a king-size bed, chest with 3 drawers and a 27 inch TV, 2 night tables and a closet. The other room had 1 huge chair, loveseat sized couch that pulled out into a full size bed, 29 inch TV, a table with 2 chairs, a coffee table, mini bar that had a small sink, small microwave, coffee maker and a mini-fridge. There was also a good size bathroom between the living room & bedroom. The room was nice and clean. The hotel had a huge sitting area in the lobby where they served a free continental breakfast in the morning and beverages all day along with a flat panel TV. There was also a nice sized pool with a swim-up bar and a hot tub. You also get free high speed internet access at the hotel as well!

The hotel is walking distance from the beaches, Walgreen’s, Pueblo’s supermarket, and many fast food restaurants. We ate lunch at the poolside grill and it was awesome!! We had hamburgers and my brother had a grilled chicken sandwich. They were all amazing!! They had great flavor and huge portions for only $22 with soda. We really recommend you try the poolside grill if you ever stay there! The only negative to the hotel is that it did have a slight smell of mildew and because it was Labor Day weekend, the hotel was sold out so it was a bit noisy!

Good value

This hotel is located off the main strip in Isla Verde. It is next to the very pricey ESJ and Intercontinental, however costs half as much. The rooms were very clean, the staff friendly. The location is great, very close to the beach as well as restaurants and bars. The included breakfast saved money. The drawbacks were the following: The rooms were carpeted-since the climate is very humid, things took a very long time to dry. The airport is very close, so if the windows were open you would hear planes land and take off. Other than that I would definitely recommend this place. You would get all the benefits of the pricier places next door for half the cost.

Good choice

by TripAdvisor Member golf261

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night pre-cuise. Although the hotel is quite close to the airport and the planes can be heard when outside, the room was quiet and clean. There is a nice little bar/grill by the pool, which had good food/drinks at reasonable prices. The breakfast buffet was good, with hot and cold food items. Would definitely stay there again.

Loved It!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member fem912

The Hampton INN was a great choice, I planned a trip to San Juan a couple of months prior and since I was staying for a week I rented a house and ended up losing $1600 due to my military schedule and having to cancel the trip. This time I decided to get a hotel instead, the staff is great!! The rooms were nice and clean I stayed in a suit which was very roomy, enough for 3-4 ppl. But I think my favorite thing was the shower, whenever I go out of town I stay at the Westin because they have this thing called the heavenly shower and to my surprise The Hampton Inn has the same thing. There was one staff member name LUIZ and he was awesome and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone since it is in the middle of everything you won’t have to walk for to get places; also they always have taxis waiting outside for the guest. I don’t recommend driving around yourself unless you have been there before, the traffic is wild and they are not many traffic lights of stop signs plus they drink and drive openly. But once again this place it highly recommended.

A Fine Choice

by TripAdvisor Member rojersey

We just returned from a stay at the Hampton Inn. The hotel is definitely not 5 stars or luxurious; a basic US style motor inn which excelled in one area: service with a smile. We are seasoned travelers and have rarely, if ever, encountered such a friendly staff, always willing to go the extra mile. We were frequently asking advice since the weather was dreary with constant rain. They never failed to be helpful and warm. Just great people! Also very nice was the free use of internet with a dedicated room just for a bank of computers so those of us who travel without laptops were able to stay conncected. There was absolutely never a wait and all of the computers were connected to printers which was very helpful for printing out boarding passes, directions etc. The free buffet breakfasts very very nice. Again, not luxurious spreads but all the basics in abundance, nicely presented and very very clean with all the spreads packaged. The breakfasts consisted of bagels, muffins, toast, yoghurt, fresh fruit, cereals, coffee and tea plus two hot dishes which changed daily which we, being kosher, did not eat, but seemed to be quite tasty. Everything else was kosher. The location of the hotel was quite convenient, close to the airport with no discernible noise, near some of the larger hotels (we always prefer smaller places) and with parking only $5./day and readily available.
In short, if it's faux luxury you're seeking go elsewhere but if it's a basic , comfortable warm place dash over to the Hampton Inn.

Nice, clean hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Peregrine15

This is a well-maintained, comfortable property in Isla Verde. It is a short cab ride from the airport and walking distance to the beach. It has a nice swimming pool. We stayed there for one night between flights and would do so again. If you want to vacation in Puerto Rico, this is not the place to stay because one can find equally comfortable hotels on the beach for comparable prices.

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member rightboy

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites for one night prior to catching a flight to Anguilla. The hotel is easily one of the best Hampton Inns at which we've stayed. Everyone is friendly and helpful and all facilities are very clean and well maintained. I really enjoyed the complimentary computer center located just off the lobby as well as the very attractive pool area. The hotel is very close to the El San Juan Hotel and the Four Seasons -- a 3 to 5 minute walk. Nice places to visit during your stay. There are numerous restaurants within walking distance. A cab ride to the airport takes 5 - 10 minutes and costs $12.

Outstanding service!!!

We have just returned from a week at the Hampton. The hotel is magnificent and we experienced such incredible service. It was so great. We stayed in a suite. We were just expecting a few nibbles for breakfast but breakfast is a lovely continental spread with everything. The pool is lovely and the it has a pool bar and grill. Just walk up in the pool and have a good piña colada and lunch. They offer pool towels which are large and think, not those cheap ones you would fine in other hotels. One thing i must say is that the beds at the Hampton are quite comfortable. Just like the Hilton's beds. The hotel is located in a central location so you can walk to a lot of places. Grocery store, restaurants, casinos, and the beach. The employees are wonderful. Especially Diana, she went out of our way to help us in directions, recommendations for dinner, and things to see. The price is great for the location and the service provided in this hotel. I would tell people to stay here.

Wonderful Find!!

by TripAdvisor Member MIkeyG1965

I have always stayed on the Condado when in San Juan; however, I had a last minute business trip and could not get into the Marriott.

The Hampton Inn and Suites was wonderful from the time I stepped into the hotel. Front desk folks were very nice and very personable.

The room was very nice and the bed was great.

I will definately be back.

Hilton quality at Hampton Inn prices

by TripAdvisor Member silvergate

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for four nights over Christmas and found it to be excellent in many respects. Conveniently located near the airport, across the street from three major casinos, and with easy access to roads into and out of San Juan it deserves all the favorable reviews posted on this site. We had a suite which was rather spacious with a comfortable bed, refrigerator, microwave, room safe, coffee maker, and even the popcorn was provided. The breakfast bar offered an outstanding variety of food selections, far beyond what we expected. To top it off, on Tuesday evenings there is a manager's cocktail hour with free snack foods and drinks for guests in the lobby area. The Intercontinental hotel within the block has a nice beach/pool bar where one can enjoy a sundowner on the sand. The San Juan hotel and casino across the street is worth a visit,if only just to marvel at the lavish interior. The only negative was that on our last night maintenance work involving drilling and hammering was carried out within earshot of our room, keeping us from getting any sleep until we finally around midnight called the front desk asking that it be stopped.

Comments