6961 Avenue Of The Governors

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Ritz-Carlton San Juan Casino

Excellent service

by magdalena2007 about Ritz Carlton San Juan

We had a wonderful time staying at this hotel, the service was great and it wasn’t over crowded (probably because it was June). There was a little miscommunication during our excursion booking and the manager took full responsibility and ended up treating us to a wonderful restaurant and the excursion the following day. The hotel manager was very professional and from a small mistake they went out and beyond my expectations.

The only thing that bothered me was that we were so close to the airport, while at the pool you hear the planes every 2 minutes. (You don't hear it when in your room)

Wonderful!

by TripAdvisor Member ladydi52

My husband and I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in San Juan PR 7/12 - 18, 2003. It was an absolutely fabulous place to stay. The service was perfect. Our room (we had a city view) was neat and comfortable. The hotel itself was luxurious and had a grand feeling about it. The beach was clean and the ocean was good for swimming. We would definitely go back there again or try another Ritz-Carlton. We were not disappointed one bit and felt like royalty while there. One thing about the area: you may want to rent a car to give yourself more variety on affordable places to eat and for things to do. Also, if you have children, consider another hotel -- i.e. the Hilton or Wyndham in Condado looked more accommodating for children. But, if you're just looking for quiet and relaxation in a top-notch hotel, the Ritz is the place to be.

Enchanted by the quality of the room...

Wonderful hotel and great service from the polite greetings of the greeters at the doors to the maids at our room. Exquisite bed linens with down feather pads you feel like your sleeping on a cloud. The best sleep I've gotten in all my travels throughout Europe, Mex, USA and the Caribbean. Not a whisper is heard from the nearby airport due to the quality of the construction as well as the insulation of the bldg. Within walking distance to Dennis Restaurant if you desire to have breakfast elsewhere. I'll definitely return for my next vacation.

They must be crazy!

We just completed our stay at the Ritz a couple of weeks ago. (8/23-8/30) And before we left we had read some of the "Roach Motel" reviews by some of the others and can't figure out where they stayed! Must not have been at the Ritz because we had an excellent time. They, meaning the bashers of the Ritz, have to be spoiled and uptight. The rooms were clean and fresh. Room service twice a day was great! Bed was luscious and totally comfortable. Down comforter, pad, and pillows. The Casino was smaller than a Vegas style casino, but had the same atmoshphere, fun and inviting. We ended up there at some point every night. Pool was immaculate! Beautiful landscaping and very clean, if you don't mind the Iguanas! But even they were friendly. Food a bit expensive but worth it. All our meals there were excellent, especially the Ocean Grill by the beach. The staff was always courteous and helpful. Greeted us with smiles all the time. We would recommend this Hotel to anyone. What can I say....They MUST be crazy!

great place and svc

by TripAdvisor Member hnilee

just got back for 4 nights. a great place and svc. some of the reviews are very wrong or they just had bad days and prof complainers. i have been many of ritz and 4 seasons, nothing wrong with this hotel. but few issues, 1) this is 50% hotel/50% resort. good for business travelers.

2) room size/400 sq ft. too small. most rooms do no

The talk but not the walk

It is no accident that this Ritz has low occupancy compared to other hotels in the San Juan area. The service is bad from the get-go; you get a more inviting welcome at the Hampton Inn! You would think from the snotty and pretentious attitudes that this hotel was first class, and people who think that "first class" means being treated condescendingly will relish their stay here, but frequent travelers will know better. The typical room is tiny.

Ritz-Carlton is SUPER!

The Ritz-Carton in San Juan was all the we expected -- plus! The Ritz-Carlton has a reputation for excellence, and we were not surprised to find the room quite lovely and the amenities also 'way above standard. The meals were also terrific. But the main ingredient, making our stay so pleasurable, was the service. It was outstanding!!! Every employee was gracious, friendly, helpful and appeared interested in our welfare. I would recommend the Ritz to anyone, with the expectation that no one would be disapppointed.

Fabulous!!!!

My husband and I loved this property. How could any one give this property a bad review? Our room was gorgeous and spacious with a balcony overlooking the ocean. The restaurants were also very nice.
Loved ther huge pool, we will return.

Long time guest

by TripAdvisor Member holykamoli

I've been staying at this Ritz for more than seven years. At first, I found check in to be a problem if there was a large group checking in but it was more the weary traveler than the help. Not much of a big gambler, but my friends think the Casino is just perfect. There always seems to be something going on. The best deal at this hotel is the concierge level. If though it's more than a 100.00 a day more for the room you easily save this in food and drinks. The breakfast at club level is perfect and plentiful along with the luncheon and even cocktails. I've been traveling to San Juan to enjoy the local Tarpon fishing and with the Marina (Cangrejos Yacht Club) a five minute ride this is the perfect destination. Even better is the 5 hour flight from Boston, 10 minutes to the hotel, and 1 hour later fishing with Captain Omar. The sushi bar is fantastic, room service outstanding, the pool is always clean, and the beach side bar always great. Can't recommend it enough and the best thing is the weather is 85 degrees year round!

Absolutely the best!

My husband and I stayed at the Ritz for one week May 2003, and we were also there a week in December 2002. When I read the horrible reviews of this hotel, I wonder if they were staying the same hotel. The Ritz in San Juan is the best hotel. I would pay to stay there anytime. Staying at the hotel has made me compare every hotel I stay at to the Ritz in San Juan. The staff was absolutely great! The front desk personnel were very friendly, and accomodating. The room, the pool, and the beach were very clean. I cannot wait until my next stay here.

Beach Front at the San Juan Ritz-Carlton & CasinoBeach Front at the San Juan Ritz-Carlton & Casino

Comments