Ritz-Carlton San Juan Casino

Poor Value

Costs More than similar hotels

See Travelers Recommended Hotels

Ritz Carlton San Juan

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 28, 2014

My family has stayed at numerous Ritz Carlton Locations. With past Ritz experience as my guide I made the most costly hotel mistake of my life. If your accustomed to Ritz Quality, you'll understand why we come to expect the very best from Ritz Carlton. I called a week ahead, and asked the front desk how much it would cost for an SUV to pick us up. $95 seemed standard for the Ritz until I realized the Ritz is Literally right next door to the Airport Runway! $95 for a 3 Min ride? The take offs and landings were a nice touch all week. Check out time is 11am, and if you don't leave on time, they charge you....We arrived at 1PM, I watched as the young ladies at the counter theatrically peered into the computer screen and whispered to each other. I'm sorry sir, there are no rooms available, we can't tell you when either. Why don't you go have lunch. We finally got our room at 4:15! I called a week in advance and spoke with Ritz Corporate to make sure I could use my Ritz Points to upgrade our room. I'm sorry sir you can't use your points here to upgrade, you used Expedia to book your trip. Really? I paid cash instead for a dated room, with chipped paint on all the woodwork, a cracked vanity, a shower that had hot water sometimes. Staff that clearly didn't know how to make a Ritz Carlton Bed. The Pool? Hyper overcrowded, embarrassingly dated with chipping faded tile work. The one Jacuzzi they have is ancient, and filled with splashing kids most of the day. Green mold surrounded the edges of the Jacuzzi. There was literally nowhere for an adult to relax in the Pool or Jacuzzi. Each morning you better wake up at 7am and run down to the pool to stake your claim for chairs, or they are gone. There is NO Adults only area to chill in. None. The Beach? Tiny, overcrowded, dated lounge chairs. I think they had 2 cabana type tents if you were lucky enough to wake up at 6am and grab one. The airplanes were infrequent, but loud and obnoxious 1/4 mile from the beach. The Spa? Ritz Carlton Prices, with Motel six Amenities. The tile in the mens locker room, chipped and unclean. The shower stalls with their rusted ceiling grates, and 12 coats of paint. The steam room? Does not function appropriately. We will never be back, and going forward, we will be very careful before we try a new Ritz Property. The restaurants? extremely limited menus, overpriced everything. Nothing here as a Ritz should be. (Except the inflated prices) I suggest staying at another Ritz property before you rate this property as a 5 star! The pictures on the website are very deceiving.

Nearby Ritz-Carlton San Juan Casino

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Carolina Travel Forum

Need advice about Carolina, Puerto Rico? Visit the Travel Forum for Carolina and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Carolina hotel reviews