3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Booking.com Expedia.com Splendia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel

Keep Miami in Miami!

We stayed here at the tail-end of our honeymoon and checked out 2 days early. The staff was disinterested and unhelpful - most of the time the front desk didn't answer the phone. The rooms are small and overpriced.
We asked the staff to recommend a restaurant and they told us to "go down the alley" along-side the hotel. What met us there was the Ponderosa Steakhouse, KFC and Burger King! For all their upscale attempts, they fall VERY short. Stay away! Go spend time at the El Conquistador, which might be a trip, but worth your while!

Believe the reviews you read

The hotel is chic, the rooms are clean and trendy. However, from the start we had problems. We were promised an "oceanview" and got a partial view. The staff said there was nothing they could do until the following day. When we were switched to the "oceanview" we opened the windows and saw the wall of the neighboring condominium. The first room had a horrible bathroom with no bathtub (the front desk told us all the rooms had the same bathrooms) and of course the next room had a bathtub with the same awful bathroom. The rooftop bar was very nice. For the money I would recommend staying at El Convento, a much nicer hotel in Old San Juan.

Beautiful, Serene, Chic--all in one hotel

I have been around the world to many breathtaking places, but never felt as relaxed or completely stressfree as I did here. From the moment you arrive, the staff makes you feel like you are the most favored member of their family. Smiles abound from the stylish yet unassuming rooftop Wet Bar to the heavenly serenity which awaits each visitor on the beach located literally a stone's throw away from the hotel entrance. I can thing of nothing more wonderful than being able to awake every morning to the sound of the waves crashing through the calm sway of palms while laying catlike in your kingsize bed as you stare out onto the beauty which the Water Club offers. If you are like me and need to escape the craziness of life in the TriState area to unwind and recharge, leave your pager, pda, and cellphone at home and book a room now. Best therapy around.

Overall Disappointing

Stayed at the waterclub 01/15-01/19. The only positive thing I can say about the place was the view from our water front rm. The pool is small & useless, no one seems to use it. The 2 RST's were very poor, and the staff at the roof deck RST/Bar were unhelpful and somewhat rude(hard to understand considering they were in no way busy). Tangerine the better of the two RST's is only open on weekends (thur-sat). We ask the front desk where we could eat Sunday night and were direct to the Intercontinental Resort, WTF. Room service meals are way overpriced, like 30-40 bucks for a entree..I choose the WC because I wanted to spend a romantic weekend with someone special, I didn't expect to pay Ritz Carlon prices for Zero Service though. All in all, the waterclub is overrated and overpriced.

So bad I've written to them as well as the Better Business Bureau

No ocean-front room, missed wake-up calls, missed room service, ran out of hot water, no housekeeping even after 2 complaints, and I still haven't received a second copy of the bill as I requested. I urge everyone to write to the Better Business Bureau in their local community, as Puerto Rico doesn't have a BBB.

Comments