52 Parcelas Beltran, Fajardo, Puerto Rico, 00740, Caribbean

The Fajardo Inn
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

• Beutifull place but keep and eye to your credit ca

Beutiful hotel, okay service, expensive food and at the end they try to over charge us for $500.00. It took us two hours to clarify everything and we almost lost our flight. We got back home on 05/28/2007 and on 05/30/2007 I checked my bank account and they over charge me $ 2,514.65. I called them and it took them two days to fix my problem. They just call me back and said that I will have my money back in my account in the next 3 days. The place is beutifull but you need to keep an eye on your credit card and if you pay cash or with credit card at the restaurants keep your receipts or they will charge you double.

• Fajardo Inn, Get to know Fajardo

I stayed in the Fajardo Inn with my family 27 years after having lived in the nearby Santa Isidra III area of town. I had not returned during the intervening years. The staff was receptive, the open air "lobby" inviting, and the room comparable to the Days Inn room we stayed at in Denver the day before. There was no elevator to the second floor (oh my!), but the curved stairway just inside the reception area was beautiful. The housekeeping returned my "muy buenos dias" greeting every morning with what looked like sincere smiles. The hotel is ideed a little hard to find if you don't know your way around Fajardo, but once you've found your way, you can come and go easily enough. Because it is tucked away a little in town, you experience Fajardo a little more intimately than if you had just pulled off an interstate and found a hotel on the corner. Fajardo looks like alot of non-metropolitan Puerto Rican towns, and staying in the Fajardo Inn reminded me of living there. We went one evening up to the 5-star El Conquistador, and while it was elegant and beautiful, it was like any of a thousand hotels in the states. I can't imagine traveling to PR and then insulating myself from all things Puerto Rican by staying in an otherwise WONDERFUL place like the El Conquistador (even if I COULD afford to stay there). If your travels take you to Fajardo, get to know the town and the people and EXPERIENCE Fajardo. I recommend the Fajardo Inn, pleasant, personal, safe, beautiful. Check out their website (http://www.fajardoinn.com/)or E-mail me
    Steve Haws
    SLC, UT

• sdjaybird's Profile Photo

Farjardo Inn Fiasco

Be sure you have a map to find this place up on the hill,as I did only by chance. Main building is nice with an open air reception area. I decided to go for a cheaper room and MAN, it was a real mistake. If you want a good nights sleep,go for the better rooms.This room was reminicent of a third world motel with sections of the terrazo floor missing and simply cemented over,bathroom was dingy. Beds were some of the most uncomfortable hotel beds i have ever slept on,anywhere,anytime. They were low down to the floor,saggy and oh so very tired. WE used every blanket,bed cover, etc. we could find to simply somehow pad the annoying metal springs.Granted the rooms in the main area .looked better but i can not vouch for them. Regardless, even if my room was $25 cheaper than others on the property,no hotel would rent out this kind of room in this condition and this reflects badly on the Farjardo Inn in general.

Unique Quality: Pool area is quite lovely with a handsome collection of stately palms and a large pool to swim in. Pretty views too of the Spanish Virgins. The sounds of the cokee frogs is delightful. Air conditioner was good and strong and quiet.

Directions: be sure you have a map!

More about Fajardo Inn

Fajardo Inn, Fajardo (east...

by ahenkes

Fajardo Inn, Fajardo (east side of the island) Great price for the facilities. Center of the east side of island for activities. Only about 40 minutes from San Juan and the airport.

by CulturalCompetence about Fajardo Inn

The Fajardo Inn is an exceptionally clean hotel. We stayed there as a last minute decision because it is so close to the ferry dock (we wanted to catch an early ferry). They take credit cards (without an additional fee), so we were happy that we could hang onto our cash a little longer... Exceptionally clean and close to the ferry...we checked in late and checked out early, therefore we didn't have a chance to check out the facilities too much...

Good location to eco-trips

by lil_wings about Fajardo Inn

I have stayed here three times, all for diving trips. Fajardo is close to the reefs as well as other non-diving sites. The Fajardo Inn has always been a clean, quiet, reasonably priced alternative to paying an arm, leg, and kidney to stay at the Conquistador down the road. The staff are all polite and friendly, and always have great tips on local sites and places to eat.

The two restaurants, the Starfish and the Blue Iguana, are ok. The drinks at the Blue Iguana are about the best reason to go there (good pina coladas). The waitstaff is friendly, but there are better options in the surrounding area (especially closer to the cabezas de san juan) for seafood, drinks, and snacks. Both the pools are great. There is a mini-golf course available too. It makes the hotel better suited for famililes with small kids. Ample parking is available, which is nice.

The hotel can be tough to find, make sure you bring a good road map and write down the directions to get there. The turn to Parcelas Beltran can be tough to see in the dark, and the road sign is not lit. Going further into the downtown area at night can be a 'unique experience' if you're not familiar with the area.

Enchanting

My husband and I paid $103 for ocean view one night post cruise on December 13 to visit the bioluminiscent bay. We rented a car and had no problems driving roundtrip from San Juan to Fajardo. We were impressed with the beauty and charm of the Fajardo Inn. Had a beautiful view from our balcony of the ocean to the distant left and lovely plants and the pool right below us. Consistent with a previous Fajardo Inn review, we did find a few tiny ants in our bed the next morning.

We drove to the Wyndham El Conquistador, told the guard at the gate we wanted to look around and check out possibly eating at one of the restaurants. He let us in and we simply drove around the beautiful luxurious grounds and took pictures and came back out. Even if you don't pay the price to stay there, I would highly recommend seeing it. However, we were very pleased with our one night stay at the enchanting Fajardo Inn and our wallets said "thank you."

Warming

The Fajardo Inn was great, Staff was friendly, Service was great. Breakfast was great.I would reccommed that anyone can give it a try. It was really worth the stay.

Would not stay there again

My husband and I go to PR every year to visit family and make it a point to celebrate our anniversary by getting away for a few days. We decided to get a package and stay at the Fajardo Inn for three days in their "Presidential Suite" View of the ocean is minimal from the room, but I will say the room was very comfortable, with a huge closet, Washer and Dryer included, whirlpool tub that they call jacuzzi, and full living room and kitchen. First impression of the hotel was not the best due to the service of the front desk staff. When the room was given to us, the person did not bother to explain where the room was, and did not offer help with luggage. She just handed us the keys and pointed to the general direction of the room. When we got to the room there was nothing in the room explaining the ammenities or even basic information about the area and the hotel. After trying to get a hold of the front desk by dialing zero and getting no answer, we had to get an outside line and dial the hote's main number. The lady said that we were supposed to have a binder in the room and she would send somebody with it. After waiting 45 minutes, we still had no binder. I had to go to the front desk and ask for a manager, which was not very helpful either. She just apologized and that was it. Our package had two dinners included, and even though the site says that the dinners do not include alcoholic beverages, when we got there we found out that it does not include "sirloin, T-bone, or seafood" The restaurant staff made us feel very uncomfortable and cheap when asking these questions too. Other than that, the hotel per se is nice.

Money well spent

by TripAdvisor Member ScottandGretchen

We had a very pleasant night here before taking the ferry. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable with a lovely view. There's a nice pool area and two good restaurants. (Note there is no elevator.) We found our best price by contacting the hotel directly and thought it was a good value. The location is a little isolated, which we liked, but still convenient to the ferry.

Fajardo Inn or Ceiba Country Inn

by liqdstar

Has anyone stayed at either the Fajardo Inn or Ceiba Country Inn? Planning on spending one night in either of these places before heading over to Veiques. is the hotel nice and how far is it from beaches/ and the ferry docks? any info would be great!

thanks!!

Re: Fajardo Inn or Ceiba Country Inn

by msierra

Are you going to RIncon? the beaches at RIncon?

Re: Fajardo Inn or Ceiba Country Inn

by SunTanBob

We just got back from Fajardo. We did not stay at the Fajardo Inn, but we did dine there one night at one of their 3 restaurants.

From what we could tell, it was nice, clean, and located quite close to the ferry dock & coast.

I have no info on the Ceiba Country Inn.

Hope this helps, enjoy your time in this area, we sure did.

Re: Re: Fajardo Inn or Ceiba Country Inn

by liqdstar

thanks
actually i already went and stayed at the fajardo inn. its a pretty good place after all!

Comments