Fajardo Inn

Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 3 reviews

Tags

Family Travel
See Amenities

Beutifull place but keep and eye to your credit ca

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 1, 2007

Beutiful hotel, okay service, expensive food and at the end they try to over charge us for $500.00. It took us two hours to clarify everything and we almost lost our flight. We got back home on 05/28/2007 and on 05/30/2007 I checked my bank account and they over charge me $ 2,514.65. I called them and it took them two days to fix my problem. They just call me back and said that I will have my money back in my account in the next 3 days. The place is beutifull but you need to keep an eye on your credit card and if you pay cash or with credit card at the restaurants keep your receipts or they will charge you double.

Fajardo Inn, Get to know Fajardo

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 25, 2006

I stayed in the Fajardo Inn with my family 27 years after having lived in the nearby Santa Isidra III area of town. I had not returned during the intervening years. The staff was receptive, the open air "lobby" inviting, and the room comparable to the Days Inn room we stayed at in Denver the day before. There was no elevator to the second floor (oh my!), but the curved stairway just inside the reception area was beautiful. The housekeeping returned my "muy buenos dias" greeting every morning with what looked like sincere smiles. The hotel is ideed a little hard to find if you don't know your way around Fajardo, but once you've found your way, you can come and go easily enough. Because it is tucked away a little in town, you experience Fajardo a little more intimately than if you had just pulled off an interstate and found a hotel on the corner. Fajardo looks like alot of non-metropolitan Puerto Rican towns, and staying in the Fajardo Inn reminded me of living there. We went one evening up to the 5-star El Conquistador, and while it was elegant and beautiful, it was like any of a thousand hotels in the states. I can't imagine traveling to PR and then insulating myself from all things Puerto Rican by staying in an otherwise WONDERFUL place like the El Conquistador (even if I COULD afford to stay there). If your travels take you to Fajardo, get to know the town and the people and EXPERIENCE Fajardo. I recommend the Fajardo Inn, pleasant, personal, safe, beautiful. Check out their website (http://www.fajardoinn.com/)or E-mail me
Steve Haws
SLC, UT

sdjaybird's Profile Photo

Farjardo Inn Fiasco

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 20, 2004

Be sure you have a map to find this place up on the hill,as I did only by chance. Main building is nice with an open air reception area. I decided to go for a cheaper room and MAN, it was a real mistake. If you want a good nights sleep,go for the better rooms.This room was reminicent of a third world motel with sections of the terrazo floor missing and simply cemented over,bathroom was dingy. Beds were some of the most uncomfortable hotel beds i have ever slept on,anywhere,anytime. They were low down to the floor,saggy and oh so very tired. WE used every blanket,bed cover, etc. we could find to simply somehow pad the annoying metal springs.Granted the rooms in the main area .looked better but i can not vouch for them. Regardless, even if my room was $25 cheaper than others on the property,no hotel would rent out this kind of room in this condition and this reflects badly on the Farjardo Inn in general.

Unique Quality: Pool area is quite lovely with a handsome collection of stately palms and a large pool to swim in. Pretty views too of the Spanish Virgins. The sounds of the cokee frogs is delightful. Air conditioner was good and strong and quiet.

Directions: be sure you have a map!

Aracelis1 Jul 28, 2014 at 7:18 AM

NO RETURN. Very upset with this hotel.

I stayed with my family for 1st time this weekend and I can guarantee that was the 1st and LAST. I did check-out at 11:30 am, indicating in "front desk" that my children were still in the pool and had 4 towels that I would return when go home. The clerk said, ok no problem!

Later when I returned the 4 towels I had made $100 charge for them ($25c/u) and another $30 for NO have done the "check out". How can it be possible? This was not true. After my complaint the amount of towels was reversed, but NO the unjust charge $30.

Definitively, there is a lack of communication between employees. I’m from Puerto Rico and this type of situations keeps me away from staying on the Island.
So, as I indicated earlier I avoid my sponsorship, my family, friends and everyone that mention Fajardo Inn to be considering as an option.

Mrs. Aracelis

• Business Services
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Fajardo Travel Forum

Need advice about Fajardo, Puerto Rico? Visit the Travel Forum for Fajardo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Fajardo Travel Guide