Route 987, Fajardo, Puerto Rico, 00738-1161, Caribbean
Travelocity

More about Passion Fruit Bed And Breakfast

Clean, Clean, Clean~

by Erika74 about Passion Fruit Bed & Breakfast

This place is clean, clean, clean. It remined me of my mom, I could smell the clean laundry. The room was extremely clean. At check in we were asked if we had nay speacial dietery needs, in order to accomodate breakfast. After check in, we got a personalized tour of the facilities-
The hostess Ms. Gladys, goes out of her way to remember the guests name.
At breakfast by the pool, Ms. Gladys was out there making sure had what they needed.

A lot of personal attention...

by TripAdvisor Member audiofeed

My wife and I stayed at the Passion Fruit Bed & Breakfast in mid January, 2007. The amount of personal attention Gladys (owner & hostess) gives you is second to no one. She is a very kind and helpful person. The breakfast is great, the rooms are average to good and the close proximity to the marina is an added bonus. The grounds are gated and right up the street from the Fajardo Police Department. We didn’t have a chance to try out the pool but it looked refreshing.

passion for Passion Fruit

by TripAdvisor Member MommaTarco

The Passion Fruit B & B is truly the result of the passion of owner Gladys. She has worked hard to create a wonderful little bed and breakfast. Although there are still the little quirks that prevent the Passion Fruit from being a 5 star inn, this place is great. It is as clean as any hotel or inn that I have stayed in but what really makes the place special is the caring staff. Gladys and her staff are there to make sure that their guests are treated like royalty.

great breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member AnnapolisTraveler

We recently stayed (april 1 & 2) at this b&b- It is actually more like a small hotel. The rooms are basic but very clean as i found all the rooms in pr. where we stayed. Gladys was extremely nice and helpful. She makes an amazing breakfast. The oatmeal was out of this world. Fajardo itself is not a great place but we were using it as a base for El Yuenque and the ferry to Culebra.
My biggest warning is that there is a major construction site across the street from the hotel and they start making lots of noise at 5:00 am!!!. SO be warned about that.

Wish we had more time at this secret gem

by TripAdvisor Member pinu2

We planned to spend most of our Easter break on the west side of the island, but had a couple of days to spare, so we decided to spend some time on the east side of the island. We found Passion Fruit B&B through the reviews and it lived up to all the reviews.

First of all, it is very convenient for anything on the east side of the island - el yunque, luquillo beach, vieques, etc. We were able to do the bioluminescent bay kayak tour, the rain forest, and the beach from our wonderful little spot. If we had planned to stay longer, we would have done the day trip to vieques and maybe a fishing trip out of Fajardo.

My wife and I have never stayed in a B&B, so we didn't know exactly what to expect. What we got was a very nice, clean room with a comfortable bed, a great host and staff, a great breakfast, a nice pool and patio, and some character that is missing from most hotels.

We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again if we get back to Puerto Rico. The east side of the island has a lot to offer, as does the Passion Fruit B&B. Thanks Gladys.

Felt like home!

by TripAdvisor Member zliz24

Passion Fruit B&B came highly recommended and I have no doubts as to why.

Right upon arrival, Gladys already knew our names. We checked in and made our way to our room. It was clean and comfortable. We stayed in one of the second floor suites...let me just say that the bathroom was huge!

Breakfast was DELICIOUS. I am not that into oatmeal...but after I tried it, let me say that I made sure I didn't start my day without it. And not only did breakfast start with the signature oatmeal dish...it was followed by more great food like toast, spanish omelets and diced honey ham. With such a huge breakfast, we didn't have lunch til around 2 or 3!!

Gladys and her staff were helpful and welcoming. When we returned after our first night out, it really felt like we we're coming home. It was sorta strange since this is the first time that my husband and I ever stayed in a B&B, we were more used to the generic feel of hotels.

The location of the B&B serves as a good base for excursion in the east side of the island. Its close enough to El Yunque (which sadly, we never made it there) and only an hour away from San Juan. It's only about 15 or 20 max to Luquillo beach and the famous kiosks.

Here's a tip...if you go to the Seven Seas Beach (Balneario), keep walking until you get to the secluded Playa Colora (follow the path, make a left at the dead end of the path and when you come to the fork stay to the left --- u can also go the right to a beautiful beach to see the waves crash on the rocks, not good for swimming but excellent for sunbathing).... It was good to get away from the crowds and enjoy the serenity of the water. Ask Gladys for better directions!!!

And we recommend a trip to the Bio Lagoon, which is just down the street from Passion Fruit. We should have taken Gladys advice and done the boat instead of the kayaks. Captain Suarez (the boat) was so nice but we decided to be adventurous and try kayaking to the lagoon. The lagoon was beautiful....but the trip to it on kayak I could have done without! It was pitch black and we kept bumping up against mangrove branches and other kayakers. Plus leaves kept falling on my and I was freaking out thinking it was lizards jumping on me! But that's another story!

If we ever go back to the Fajardo area....we will most definitley stay at the Passion Fruit Bed and Breakfast! Thanks to Gladys for taking good care of us!!!

Beautiful Place

by TripAdvisor Member kbentley

The Passion Fruit B&B was really beautiful. The rooms were clean and spacious. The pool and patio area were landscaped with beautiful tropical plants and trees. Gladys was a wonderful hostess as was her help Christian. Everyone was so helpful in arranging rides for us and helping us find our way to Bio Bay. Wish we could have stayed more than one night. Gladys also serves a fantastic filling breakfast on the patio to her guests.

Fantastic in Fajardo

by TripAdvisor Member jeffreyorbit

This is one of the best hotels I have ever visited in my life! You can stay here for easy access to the ferries and the rainforest but also for the great seven seas beach. Gladys and her staff are so authentic and friendly and the breakfast served is excellent. The rooms were basic and very clean. This is really a great place and I had a very memorable experience.

Home away from Home

by TripAdvisor Member kokapelli

Date June 20,2007
Reviewer: Kokapelli
The Passion Fruit B&B was everything we'd read about on Trip Advisor reviews. Gladys, the owner, lives on site and makes you feel at home the minute you check in. The room was spotless and comfortable.

Every morning we awoke to a delicious breakfast served poolside. Each morning started with fresh fruit, a juice and coffe bar and the promptly served meal changed each day.

Every person from the housekeeping staff to the office people were friendly, welcoming and enthusiastic. They had ready lists of restaurants, boating excursions, ferry schedules etc. Unlike a sterile hotel room, the B&B was a welcoming haven after a busy day of playing tourist. Someone was always there to make sure you had everything you needed.

We would definitely recommend staying at the Passion Fruit to add an extra dimension to your visit to Puerto Rico...enjoy the local people, restaurants, and activities.

Fresh Mango's Every Day!

by TripAdvisor Member JMissun

I stayed at the B&B with 4 other friends just last week! We had the most fabulous time in Fajardo! And the visit to Fajardo would have not been completely fantastic if we did not stay at Passion Fruit's! The service, the hospitality, the welcome-ness and just the overall friendliness of the staff and atmopsphere was wonderful!

Every morning there was fresh mango's for breakfast along with another dish of wonderful-ness! The mango's are picked right from ther property!

The rooms were clean and simple, nothing over dramatic, nothing with a cheap feel. It was perfect for the 5 of us!

Thank you so much! For the wonderful time in your B&B! We look forward to coming back!

Coqui Water Park, under construction Oct 2007Coqui Water Park, under construction Oct 2007

Comments