El Conquistador Resort & Golden Door Spa

See Nearby Hotels

Tags

Beaches Casino and Gambling Golf
See Amenities

Must go even if u dont have money, take photos!!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 14, 2006

The hotel is beautiful, even if you are not staying I still suggest to stop by. You will be able to take pictures of beautiful panoramic views. If you stay here, they take you on the hotel's boat to their own private island "palomino" where you will enjoy pina coladas or coconut juice straight from the coconut while enjoying the sun, clear water white sand. it is one of my favorite best spots in Puerto Rico and I def. recommend it to any tourist.

Unique Quality: the hotel has great view, nice pool, friendly employees, comfortable and clean rooms, casino, bars, you can enjoy your drinks outside by the pool with a beautiful view and sunny breeze. The restaurant offers great food.
oh! and a huge golf course for those golf lovers out there!

Directions: ask, any local should know. its in "las croabas"

saw50st8's Profile Photo

A spot of Nature

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 11, 2006

On arrival, the check in lines were long. However, they did serve some tropical drinks (free of charge) to placate people. The rooms were ver nice and spacious -- we had two adjoining rooms, which when opened, really did feel like one. The rooms were nicely decorated and opened to a central courtyard, which had lush tropical plants and nice places to sit. The room was on the ground floor and had a veranda, which went out right to the tennis courts and golf course (which I did not use either of them).

As the days went on, we noticed that worms were in the room and multiplying. By the end of our stay there were maybe 20 in the room. We complained to the hotel and they refunded us $400, which I felt was very appropriate.

There are unbelievable pools on the property, beautiful areas to wander and a nice hot tub, which seemed empty more often than not. We used it alone many times. There is also a bar on the marina and we had a lot of fun drinking and hanging out there.

The best feature of the hotel was the private beach. You take a ferry out to a private island where the beach is. The beach usually has a lot of people there and they are doing all sorts of activities like volleyball and windsurfing. The sand was white and beautiful, but the water had more seaweed then I would have liked.

My mother got a lava rock massage at the spa which she loved.

There are also many stores on the premises for jewelry, beach attire and knicknacks, plus a whole assortment of water sports you can book right at the hotel.

Overall, an excellent place to stay, I would definitely stay there again.

Unique Quality: Private beach, excellent spa, near the rainforest

liqdstar's Profile Photo

Great Stop-over Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 15, 2004

I spent one night in Fajaro Inn because we wanted to catch the first ferry out to Vieques in the morning. the inn is great, the staff is incredibly helpful and friendly!
They have a great pool and a couple of restaurants on their property.

As for the restaurants, we had dinner at the Blue Iguana and didnt really like it. Although the service was excellent and really friendly, the food was lacking. It was a bit too bland for me. I had the burritos and nachos, and the nachos came soggy and unappetizing.
But we had flan for dessert, which was really really good. In the morning we got some coffee to go, which (like most Puerto Rican coffee) was really good. The beer is fairly cheap too. I didnt try their other restaurant.

The hotel has a van service that will take you to the local beaches if you don't have a car. This worked out great since we caught a cab from the airport, and didn't want to rent a car until we got to vieques!

The inn is about a 5 min drive from Seven Seas beach. It's also walking distance to the Culebra/Vieques ferries.

We had a pretty large room with a kitchenette and a jacuzzi for a nominal price. We stayed at the regular inn ( the "scenic inn" didnt look too great, I would recommend staying at the main inn)

Unique Quality: Good views and room size. Staff couldnt have been better.

We stayed at the Fajardo Inn.

by written on October 4, 2002

We stayed at the Fajardo Inn.
It was about $100 a night, US dollars, including all of the taxes, etc.

The restaurants in the inn are pricey, unappetizing and have terrible service. We ate there once when my wife was not feeling well and the dinner was terrible. There was not one native dish on the menu that was not 'americanized'. My wife ate two breakfasts and a lunch there while I SCUBAed and was overcharged for simple food. Her $7 breakfast was worse than the $2.25 breakfast at the ferry dock.

Unique Quality: It has a pool, a couple of restaurants, maybe 60 rooms. Some rooms have much better views than others. Our room, labeled 'sea view' meant that you could see the sea between two buildings, maybe a 5 degree view.

The Inn is very new, maybe only a couple of years. There is nothing really wrong with the facilities, it is just not managed like it should be. The policies the hotel has dont make you feel like you are really all that welcome. The rooms are very, very sparse without ANY counter space in the bathroom, a clock, paper and pencil, etc. A tiny dresser held the TV, a tiny table and two uncomfortable chairs by the window and the bed (which rocked so much we would have been embarrassed if we had not pulled it a foot from the wall before my wife and I 'retired' for the night.)
In short, it was missing the little ammenities that we usually took for granted. Another example is that the hotel room did not have a hair dryer built in. Most $100 a night places have these, so my wife did not pack one. They lent her one at the front desk, but made her sign a bunch of paperwork and threatened her that it would cost her $50 if she did not bring it back in good condition. They just lack that hard to define 'hospitality'.

Also, if you want your room cleaned, you have to put out one of the little 'clean my room now please' signs or it will be 4:00 before they get to it. But, I recommend just asking for more towels as needed and telling them not to bother. They were using some disinfectant that brought to mind a sanatarium rather than a tropical hotel. With no cross ventilation and just a noisy window air conditioner built into the wall, we had to leave the door wide open and the windows open to get the room aired out for a couple of hours when we first moved in.

The pool, while not large, was immacualte and there were two kinds of loungers, the hard plastic kind and the PVC strap kinds. (I like the plastic ones and the wifely unit like the strap ones, so we were both happy.) Just the right amount of shade and sun in the pool location. We spent a lot of our siestas at the pool rather than the depressing room.

Directions: It is off of route 194 east of town. Go about 3/4 km, then you turn up a hill on your left. About 150 meters up the hill is the driveway on your right.

Watch the directions that they give you on the

Nearby El Conquistador Resort & Golden Door Spa

• Bar / Lounge
  • Spa
  • Airport Transportation

Fajardo Travel Forum

Need advice about Fajardo, Puerto Rico? Visit the Travel Forum for Fajardo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Top Fajardo hotels