3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Wyndham.com Booking.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Four Points by Sheraton Resort & Casino at Palmas Del Mar

Palmas del Mar was great for us

by TripAdvisor Member Raroach

We stayed for just one night after a cruise and before heading out on the island. That's the real Puerto Rico. Like the cruise line says, "Get out there."

Palmas del Mar is a planned resort/residential community with lots of golf course, condos, restaurants etc. The grounds were very nice and the room was fine. Staff was very helpful and nice. There is no elevator. The valet parking is $15, and they charge for self parking too. The valet service was good. The pool is very nice and there is a small but adequate beach just a short walk away. There is a small casino there and when we arrived there was a big party of locals just off the lobby. Nobody could exactly tell us what they were celebrating, but they were certainly having a great time. It seemed like all the restaurants in the area were a little on the expensive side. Staff made us a reservation at one called Caracol, but when we arrived they said we had no reservation and we would have to wait a long time while several large parties were served. I believe this was not the fault of the hotel staff but of the restaurant; stay away from Caracol restaurant, they were not good with us. We ate at the hotel restaurant instead, which was good, and not overly expensive. There is also a small coffee shop for breakfast and snacks, and a wine bar. Overall, I would say that this is a very nice place. And if you like to gamble or golf, it would be even better for you.

If you use a GPS, enter Palmas Drive, not the Candelero address. Otherwise you may end up on the side of a mountain.

Palmas Del Mar - Candelero Beach

by virtualpatrick

Candelero Beach offers one of the finest beach in the island.

The marina area is where you can find outfitters that can supply you with fishing, boating, snorkling, and diving equipment.

*** For more pictures, click on the link pages 1 and 2 which should be towards the bottom of the page. ***

Scuba Diving in Puerto Rico

by McHow2

I think diving in Puerto Rico must be the best kept secret of the Caribbean! There are only a few dive centers spread along 500 km of coastline. Puerto Rico is full of beautiful beaches, clear water and unbelievable healthy coral reefs. For scuba diving tours or even scuba diving lessons, i recommend to travel to the east coast.
In Palmas del Mar you will find a relatively new dive center called East Puerto Rico Diving. You can get on a diving tour to Viequez Island, dive with dolphins and manatees and enjoy dive the most beautiful dive spots of the Caribbean without bumping in to other divers. And if you are very, very lucky.. you might even have the chance to see whales!
The staff is well trained, they know their turf, and everybody is friendly and helpful.
If you're not up for scuba diving, go for a snorkeling tour. The east coast of Puerto Rico is shallow and the warm Caribbean water hosts more healthy coral reefs and tropical fish than you could ever explore in one single Puerto Rico Vacation. For me, this is not the only reason to come back to Puerto Rico. There are so many things to do here, but that is subject to another page.

Hotel Just Okay

by TripAdvisor Member eycmissouri

I was told to stay at the Sheraton Four Points in Humacao because of the beauty of the area - that's about the extent of the beauty - the area of Palmas del Mar. If you LIVE in a condo on property it can be nice with the golf course, lakes and "member only" beach areas most guests can view. If you stay at the Sheraton Four Points - Beware!!! The hotel was horrible and not the quality I think Starwood wants on their roster of hotels. We booked a 1 bdrm suite for a whole week - paid A LOT of money - and the room was dark, damp and downright dirty. I had my baby and would now let him get on the carpet it was so bad. The toilet ran very loud all night - 6 calls and "fix-it" attempts later we just gave up and lost sleep all night. There were stains on the curtains no one cared to wipe away, the carpet had stains, the windows would not lock - and we were on the 1st floor. Attempts to fix these issues failed too. We asked for another room the 2nd day of our stay and it was worse than the first. I was told that's the way their rooms look. What a disappointment and I feel waste of money that could have been spent at another hotel that truly cared about their guests. Oh - the parking is far, the staff in front slightly rude at times and very lax with guests requests. I heard "No" from hotel staff more times than my 15 month old says No.

loved this resort

by TripAdvisor Member valarry

i had read the prior reviews on this resort and had even called the westin, 4 seasons that we booked through to see if they had seen the reviews. after reading them, they asked me to contact patrick and explain my hesitance in keeping our reservation. i did that and in talking with him, he was very kind and promised me the best vacation possible. he did explain that they have a tiny frog, that at night comes out and say coque, coque. we found it very soothing, but... if you don't like a constant sound, you will not like this place. we had room 212 and room 214, right by the pool. It was heavenly. there were no ongoing loud noises, other than maybe us swimming late one night. The food was excellant, the beach was one of the best we have been on , the water is so clear, it is irredescent It was great. I wouldn't recommend driving in san juan or make sure you have the city and directions figured out well in advance. We got lost many a time!! housekeepers came in and cleaned every day and provided clean linens and towels also, very nice !! would definately go back to this resort.

Very relaxing but just OK Infinti Pool Scam

by TripAdvisor Member jgsgroups

I stayed july 2007 and the whole place palmas is beautiful and interesting. My first impression was to watch out for nuts riding golf carts. The parking of the hotel is relatively far from the rooms... It became annoying..The valet parking was Ok but I am not sure of the wait.
The check in was seamless very friendly attendants. The beach is scenic, clean but surf is rough. If you are amateur to intermediate surfer this might be ok. But is not good for the kids . Maybe if you walk two miles you'll get to an area that is not that rough but still not calm. The hotel room was humid and there was water leaking.

And my good ! I called three times to repair the balcony light and they said that they were going to call engineering to have it fixed. It was never fixed. Probably all they had to do was to change a stupid light bulb but no one came. Bring a flash light if you want to enjoy the balcony just in case.

I must admit that I had a great time.

The infinity pool mixes with one of the ponds not the ocean like you might think. The pool, chairs etc was very clean they have a bar/grill at the pool which makes it convenient. There are some interesting iguanas roaming around they don't bite.

The food is ok. Burgers $10 and huge. Beer and drinks around $5. Beach towels are $30 each if you loose them .. so be sure you get a receipt after turning them in. There are no games for kids but plenty of places to run around. All the neighboring complexes don't allow you to use their facilities but sometimes you can sneak in but you might be kicked out.. everywhere is posted.. private property stay out...

No really close restaurants but burger king pizza hut and others are a few miles away.

You might not get the beach chairs placed where you want to. The guy that was there John was always making excuses to bring them where you wanted to. Other than that they beach staff was friendly. There are many restaurants around Palmas around 30 of them. Didn't try them. Parking was $12 for guests and $15 valet parking for guests. Locals or visitors can also park there. coffee maker in the rooms , TV paid $170 per night. I tried to visit beaches close to palmas but found none that were great. I saw the othe place called villas at palmas but there was no acces to the beach other than a long long walk. This is an average hotel and was definetly worth the try and the money.

I don't plan on coming back for a decade.

Major Disappointment

by TripAdvisor Member msqare

I thoroughly agree with all the other negative reviews of this hotel. Sheraton should be ashamed to put their name on this place. The grounds are beautiful and that's the only positive thing I can say. The service in the entire hotel is marginal. The restaurant is way overpriced for the quality of the food and the servers don't seem to care about service. The sheets and towels must have come from a "blue light special" - certainly not what you expect at a nice hotel. The valet managed to lose the keys to our car and made us 48 minutes late leaving for the airport. We made our flight after driving like maniacs and running through the airport, but no one at the hotel even managed to say they were sorry. Poor service and a run-down appearance. I strongly suggest anyone thinking of staying here reconsider and spend your money somewhere else.

My latest trip January 2001

by Dodin

"Some sites on the east coast"

On this trip y roamed the east side of Puerto Rico. Fajardo, Ceiba, Humacao, the Rain Forest. Of course i partied all over the west side too (my home town). I hope you enjoy the Pictures. These are from the Seven Seas beanch in Fajardo, Plamas del Mar Resor in Humacao, the rain forest from a distance. The weather was in the 80s (F) and dry during the day. 70' at night (cooler 60s in the mountains).
Enjoy. This is the Marina at Palmas del Mar.

"Munchies"

Eat goodies as you drive to the beaches, eat at the Kisokos in Pinones (along the main highway from San Juan to Fajardo) or at this one on the way to the Seven Seas public beahch. It's about a mile from the entrance to the beach. Eat alcapurrias (fried yuca paties stuffed with chicke, pork, beef, shrimp, or crabs), empanadillas (turnovers stuffed with the same), croquets, or whatever they have (hmm, arroz con jueyes, beans, and fried plantains would be good right now.)

"Take a Hike"

When in the east coast area, alternate between the beach and the rain forest. Go for a hike up the mountain and enjoy the waterfalls, the different types of vegetation at different altitudes, and being away from it all. Enjoy.

"Seven Seas Beach"

This is a secluded area of the beach with large rocks and crashing waves. It's secluded and relaxing. The main area of the beach is a beautifull bay with calm waters. If you go for a hike, you might see a colorful lizard/iguana. Wear sunscreen....

"Have a beer, pina colada, or Passoa drink."

in my name!

"you are not done yet"

When you've partied enough on the east coast, head west to the other side of the island. Go to my home town, hang out in Boqueron, drink and play pool, or just lay on the beach. For good seafood, go to Miramar's in Joyuda. Tony and Macho, the rosas brothers, my school mates, own the place. Have surullitos and beer to start; mofongo relleno de mariscos to eat. When done, go to Ricomini Bakery, in Cabo Rojo, Road 100, on the outskirt of town, accros from the Mr. Special store. I think it is Road 100 and Road 102 (102 goes to Joyuda). At Ricomini, have pastelillos de guayaba, or brazo Gitano de guayaba (or the flavor of your choice, but guayava is the original). Of course, you must have cafe con leche. Enjoy and get fat, but you'll be happy.

View of Caribbean Sea from Palmas del Mar, HumacaoView of Caribbean Sea from Palmas del Mar, Humacao

Where to go?

by Caribbeanbound

My boyfriend and I are looking to get away from it all and go somewhere warm and exciting with beautiful beaches, lots to do, and good food. Unfortunately, I dont travel often and we cant seem to decide where to go and which resort to pick. We plan on staying 4 nights 5 days. Theres so many places to choose from... Any ideas?

by diver-x

When you say "lots to do" do you mean golfing, horseback riding & sunset cruises? Or do you mean more like kayaking, jungle trekking & river tubing? What kind of budget? All-inclusive? Or family-run hotel? The Caribbean has it all... Easier to make a recommendation with a better idea of your expectations.

by yma123

hi!

i did a europe/usa trip last year.. i am from australia & we were going to do 4/5 nights somewhere in the Caribbean after our 10 weeks of travelling (in the end we didnt go to caribean, just stayed in the USA)... so I did some research back last year.. we were choosing from Virgin Islands, bahamas, Jamicaia or cuba... in the end - we decided on Bahamas due to the flights being the cheapest and also VT's saying that it would prob be the safest... People had told me that Jamica Cuba is a little rough & virgin islands tend to be an older crowd...

we ended up not going to any islands as we choose to stay longer in NY & add Vagas into or trek...

but this is all the info that I can give you...

by dadiek

i advise you to go to bintan island.its located on south east of singapore.there are several resort.you can choose.depend on your wallet.the sand on the beach is very clean and white of course.and the cost i guess very cheap for you.. and the food, of course asian food , bit hot ..and variety too. taste the trip and tell me what you both feel... have a nice trip.

by Caribbeanbound

We are looking to spend around 3500ish. We were looking at Puerto Rico. Technically I dont have a passport yet, but that can change. We want to go about the 1st week in March/ end of Feb. I want the hotel/resort to be nice (3 1/2-4 star)with lots of food choices. We want to be able to have a nice dinner, watch sunsets, maybe snorkel or boating...im more of an indoor girl but I like to see wild life and culture. Does that help...thanks for any advice!

by Jamesr3939

Without a passport then PR is probably a good idea. However, after spending a couple of nights in Old San Juan you will want to get out of San Juan for the country side. We loved the Humaco and Palmas Del Mar area. We never made it to Ponce but I understand that is a great location, also.

by vanderlust

The US virgin islands do not require a passport for US citizens. You can find all you describe there. I personally prefer St. John.

Comments