Carretera 4466 Km 1.9 Interior, Barrio Bajuras, Isabela, 00662, Caribbean
Booking.com Tingo.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Villa Montana Beach Resort

The Best Business Trip Ever . . . .

by mitchnyb about Villa Montana Beach Resort

Our company is opening a new plant in Isabela, Puerto Rico and I needed to travel to the area for the first time. Being unfamiliar with the area I looked online for the closest place to our plant and was directed to the Villa Montana Beach Resort. I was apprehensive as it wasn’t a typical business hotel but I thought how bad can it be to stay at a resort when on business!. Flying into the Aguadilla airport was a breeze and took away the hassle of a 2-hour drive from San Juan Puerto Rico. And it was a direct flight from Newark which was another surprise. Upon landing and getting my rental car a short 15 minute drive later and there I was.

What a great place, there is everything to do or nothing at all. I had a hard time remembering I was there on business. Once I took a look at the stretch of secluded beach and the beautiful Caribbean Ocean I could see myself surfing & scuba diving, hiking and biking, but that will have to wait for another more pleasurable trip.

The guest rooms were perfectly set up and comfortable with all the modern amenities. There is no internet in the guest rooms which was no problem really. The Internet was easily accessible at the Eclipse restaurant where I enjoyed my morning coffee. I also was surprised at the number of other business travelers there doing the same thing. We all said if people at our offices could only see us now!

The staff was very helpful when it came to directions to our plant in Isabela and even helped me set up a business dinner for later in the evening with some of my colleagues. I now look forward to my future business trips to our plant and will be staying at the Villa Montana Beach Resort again you can be sure. Great Staff and clean rooms. Beautiful views and great food.

Most luxurious resort in Isabela

by gwensmith about Villa Montana Beach Resort

Unreal find. We stumbled on this resort on the web.

Our family went for a getaway to Villa Montana Beach Resort for Thanksgiving weekend. We wanted a quick and easy location with lots of sun and warmth. With Jetblue flying out of Newark, it was perfect. It was cheap and quick to get to Villa Montana from home and only a few minutes from Aquadilla airport. What a treat, especially when traveling with 3 kids.

The kids could swim, hike, play tennis, horseback ride and snorkel. Snorkeling at Villa Montana is some of the best in the Caribbean and now the kids want to surf. I guess we are up for a return visit there and surfing lessons.

My husband and I loved Villa Montana. We walked that beautiful stretch of beach. The villa was expansive and comfortable. We could cook in our villa, and some nights we cooked the kids dinner and then went for a romantic dinner on our own. We went for drinks in the cool “O” Bar, then had dinner at The Eclipse Restaurant, which is right the ocean and lit with candles and torches. Breathtaking. The food was exceptional, not cheap, but worth every penny. And we were never rushed. We could enjoy the peace and quiet and romance of the evening without feeling that they wanted to turn our table. Won’t find that a most places.

We would totally recommend for families with children, for a romantic vacation, for a wedding (there was the most romantic wedding there during our visit - on the beach of course.)

Service was good, not great but we did not care. They did not swan over you, but pretty much left you alone unless you asked for something. I have been to some of the most luxurious resorts in the world and yes, sometimes the service blows you away. But honestly when I want to relax and unwind, sometimes that type of service is just over the top. At Villa Montana they were responsive and nice, very warm, but not in your face.

My husband says enough already but I can't believe we found this place and it is now our favorite family vacation and the kids want to go for spring break. Two pools.
Lighted tennis courts.
Pristine and deserted beach.
Amazing food - two restaurants. One outside on the beach.
Ocean front villas.
Hammocks.
Hiking trails.
Comfortable rooms with kitchens.

Best surfing and snorkling in Puerto Rico

by gwensmith

The beaches in Isabela are some of the best in Puerto Rico but not many people know that. People think Rincon is the place to surf but honestly we have been both places and Rincon is more crowded and certainly no better than the Isabela area.

For surfing, the waves are strong but doable. And not crowded. And plenty of places to put in the board and go.
For snorkling, the oceanlife is abundant and the beaches are not crowded so you have the place practically to yourself. And there are plenty of areas to go if you like variety.

If you stay at Villa Montana Beach Resort, you can snorkel right there and surfing is just a few minutes away. This place is amazing. I felt like I was on some remote private island.

Graving a beer at Jobos Beach

by Marinel

You can't leave Isabela, Puerto Rico without dropping by Jobos Beach. This whole area, just west of the former Ramey Air Force Base, now Raphael Hernandez Airport, is breathtaking. You can hop on Jet Blue, as of this writing, from JFK OR MCO and be here in a few hours. Most tourism to Puerto Rico happens around San Juan. This coast is often overlooked but it offers many charms and it's tourist friendly. Most of the people you will encounter are bilingual and most of the local businesses are too.

love the place

May 2005,

Villa Montana Beach Resort

I took a trip to Puerto Rico with my family to this hotel and it was one of the best place I have been on. It was absolutely wonderful. It was clean, the service was amazing. My 2 year old daughter was taken by the ladys there. They were so friendly that she was takemn by them. The food was great . Espeacilly the few from the dinning area. The spa was every relaxing. It wasn't loud or crazy with people making noise. Its was just great. everyone was nice. House cleaning was up to standard if i needed anything I would call and get it right away. we were very impressed with there honesty especially when my husband had forgotten to close up his jewerly and he's wallet in a save place that when we got but to the everything was counted for everything was there as we left it. We dont see honesty like that. That was the most impressing thing to see espeacially in the world we live in. We will be there for sure again. this place deserve all the stars.

The Sottile family

Perfect Beach Wedding

by TripAdvisor Member answergirl

I got married at Villa Montana Beach Resort in April 2006. My husband, guests and I stayed at the resort for a week and enjoyed wedding parties for three days.

Everything about the resort and my wedding was fantastic! My personal organizer (Diana), the chef and the staff did everything they could to make our experience memorable. Diana and I began working together a year before the wedding. Living in Canada and planning on getting married in PR could be quite tricky. I have certainly seen destination weddings go terribly wrong.

This was not my expereince at all. Diana helped me every step of the way. Together we organized a three day long party for 110 people that was great value. The guests were impressed by the gorgeous resort and luxurious experience. I was impressed that as a bride, i did not have a worry in the world. Knowing that I could trust the resort to do their very best helped me to enjoy the best day of my life!

I would recommend Villa Montana again and again.

The set up, the flowers and food and delightful bridy details - rose petals and champagne in my room and the thoughtful staff made everything just right. Each night the celebration was different and magical. The rehearsal dinner on the beach with a Salsa dance lesson and bon fire. The wedding ceremony by the ocean followed by the wonderful meal was a highlight, of course. And to top it all off, brunch the next day was again a celbration of beauty and delight.

Villa Montana is a small hotel providing luxurious service, while problems may arrise, the staff does all they can to fix it. Some guests had billing issues which were cleared up, but it's good to review your bill before leaving. When the surroundings are a beautiful as they are a Villa Montana, it is too bad everyone cannot get into the holiday spirit and enjoy where they are.

My husband and I plan on celebrating our anniversaries with our new friends at VMBR each and every year! We hope those of you reading this wll try it out for yourselves and make your own wonderful memories.

wedding in paradise

on juune 3
, 2006 i attended a wedding at villa montana in isabella puerto rico. everything from the food to the beaches to the the room to the wedding was magical! the wedding planner could not have been more accomadating, Diana made sure everyonre was happy and enjoying themselves. how coul d you not! the beaches are beautiful, such comfortable lounge chairs! the food superb, the wait staff so friendly and helpful. the expierence was heaven o n earth! i can't say enough good things about villa montana, i would recommend the place to anyone! it was heaven on earth. go see for yourself! B everly Pierce

The Most Dreamy and Perfect Wedding!

PERFECT, BEAUTIFUL, SPECIAL, ROMANTIC, PARADISE, DREAMY….
These are the words I use to describe my wedding at Villa Montana Beach Resort.

If you are thinking about planning a wedding at this resort I very much advise you to continue reading this and read the whole thing!

Let me start off by saying that my husband and I wanted an intimate and romantic destination wedding on the beach. Of course I had my concerns about planning something with such a distance, but as soon as we went to visit the resort in Aug. 2005 we knew it was perfect. The staff at Villa Montana makes you feel so warm and comfortable, you feel as though it is home not a resort.

After a year of planning with our unbelievable wedding coordinator, Diana, the big day arrived. I had high expectations, and I am so happy to say that the resort blew me away. Not only was everything perfect, but it was 110% perfect, more dreamy, more special than I ever imagined. Diana, Jessica and Edna did an outstanding job and worked so incredibly hard for us – we cannot thank them enough.

To go into some details – we had a BBQ Friday night, where guests danced and ate and really got to know each other. I highly recommend this. It is a great bonding experience for the guests. The setting was so free and relaxing. The bonfire is beautiful.

The day of the wedding, Saturday, was perfect. They sent over manicurists, hair and makeup specialists to your villa, where you can have fun, relax with family/friends while overlooking the ocean. I was the most relaxed bride! The actual wedding occurs under the gazebo where the setting is breathtaking. They put so much detail into the flowers, and petals and decoration. During the reception at the Eclipse restaurant, I HIGHLY recommend the Latino band CLASSE APARTE, they are phenomenal!!! Our guests, both American and Canadian, did the salsa and everyone was having the best time. The centerpieces on the tables were so beautiful and the staff at the resort catered to our every last request. Furthermore, we were not ready to end the party at 11 so we moved to the Salon Tamarindo, where guests loved the A/C, as well as the beautifully newly redone Asian influenced lounge. We served desert there and danced.

This review could not be over without mentioning the INCREDIBLE chef Jeremy. Not only did people rave about the food at the wedding but he catered to our every need as well, supplying late night goodies when we were hungry.

As a testament to the incredible staff at the resort, one of our guests wasn’t feeling well when she arrived and realized she had an infection. Without hesitation, someone at the resort drove her to get a prescription and helped her with making all the calls. This happened without me knowing and not at my request; it was just friendly and caring staff helping out.

To the staff at Villa Montana and especially Diana, thanks a million you made the best night of our lives even better!

Loved it...planning on marrying there next year!

by TripAdvisor Member Showsheena

We recently returned from a long weekend stay at the Villa Montana. We were checking it out as a place to possibly have a destination wedding next year....and we put our deposit down today! We were in San Juan last november and this side of the island is so different. Much more tropical and secluded. The resort is just a few minutes from Aguidilla airport, with many direct flights from NY. The staff was lovely and the place is beautiful. We are big travellers and this place just really has a distinct charm. The beach is rocky but we could swim all day with no problem, and it has good snorkeling. The rooms are clean and decorated in a modern caribbean/ bali-ish feel. The resort has great touches everywhere. Beautiful flowers, huge comfortable teak lounge chairs, candles and lanterns. Nice pools, a great playground, tennis courts. There was a wedding going on the weekend we were visiting and the resort did a great job. Everyone who was part of the wedding raved about the entire production. There is also a great horse back riding place next door, with excellent trails and an adorable little bar/garden just a short walk away. I searched for months trying to find a place to get married. The truth is there are fancier places and there are cheaper places.......but taking everything into consideration this is the place!

Isabela best kept secret in Puerto Rico

by gwensmith

"Villa Montana Beach Resort for family and romance"

We like Puerto Rico but had never stayed on the west coast. We had stayed on the east coast but found it too commercial and too busy. We can't get all excited about casinos and nightlife. We want relaxation, great beaches and a really nice place to put our feet up.

Villa Montana looked like a good alternative to all the action in the east and frankly we were looking for more peace and quiet this time. But the kids needed to have things to do and Villa Montana was the ticket.

They could swim, hike, play tennis, horseback ride and snorkel. Snorkeling at Villa Montana is some of the best in the Caribbean and now the kids want to surf. I guess we are up for a return visit there and surfing lessons.

We’ll be back to Villa Montana, for the kids to learn to surf and for us to reclaim our beach chair and read another good book. This place really is a piece of heaven and we’ve been around.

Isabel in general is not necessarily a place you would go if you were not staying at Villa Montana. There are no other nice hotels around, but if you are at Villa Montana Beach Resort you don't care! We did venture off the resort on occasion, for other snorkling places and to hit a few beach dives for a beer and food. This was a blast!

So we love Villa Montana, it is easy to get to and honestly even though the resort and surrounding area were not deserted, we felt like we had the place to ourselves. Magnificent!

trip to puerto rico

by unagi_maki

Hello everyone.

I hoping someone can help me a bit. My boyfriend and I are in out early twenties and are trying to plan a 4 day 3 night (friday-monday) trip to puerto rico this summer. We are a looking for a decent hotel outside of san juan thats cheap/ moderately cheap. We would like to experience some advenutre on our trip. Im not really a big beach goer but maybe some an adventure tour to the rainforest or a kayaking tour we are open to suggestiongs for trips we would like avoid the real touristy things. We have young adventourious souls but arent made of money. Please help with suggestions or if you know someone i can get in contact with to help that would be great to!

look forward to hearing from you!

Re: trip to puerto rico

by jmcbride

Villa Montana Beach Resort is exactly where you need to be. I can't even begin to tell you all there is to do there. My husband is a sport junkie and could be gone all day if I let him. He loves all there is to do and I enjoy relaxing and soaking in the views when he is gone. We typically stay away from the "touristy" spots as well. Good Luck!

Souvenir shopping places?

by cheerio88

My dh and I are from Houston, and will be taking a 4nite/5day vacation to PR next week. We've never been before... Would like some advice on where to go for souvenir shopping for kids/friends... Looking for lots of choices, decently priced, and goodies that PR is known for... What should I look for, and where's the best place to go? Thanks in advance!

Re: Souvenir shopping places?

by welbourn3

The best "souvenirs" we got were from a gentleman who approached us as we were lounging on the beach at Villa Montana (in northwest Puerto Rico). He and his wife had made some beautiful jewelry from the local shells. Quite unique. That was a lucky find for us. We also shopped a bit in Boqueron one weekend. There were lots of small shops featuring everything from t-shirts to shell-covered boxes.

We also purchased a carved parrot at the San Juan airport on our way home, and discovered a "Made in China" sticker on the bottom. (I think it was China, but definitely not Puerto Rico)

Good luck!

Re: Souvenir shopping places?

by coquishideaway

Old San Juan has many get PR handmade craft stores. Also days when cruise ships are in, and on weekends, you will find many local artisans set up in the Old City.

Near El Yunque, there are also a few stores that carry handmade local crafts and things. Try Caribbean Trading Company on the road to El Yunque or The Beachcomber on RT 3 across from the entrance to El Yunque.

Look for: coffee, coconut candies, cigars, RUM!, viajante masks, anything with a coqui, 3 King carvings. You will find all sorts of great things.

Vacation to Puerto Rico

by jsumsol

My mom, my sister, and I are traveling to Puerto Rico in mid-March. We are going to be there for ten days and are agonizing over what are the must sees. We enjoy off the beaten path types of things. Any suggestions on what we absolutely cannot miss?

Also, if you have any recommendations on neat hotels. We hate chains and really arent looking for the resort type of place. Currently we are staying at Casa Grande while in Utuado and Mary Lee's By the Sea while in Guanica.

Thanks!

by rene82

Not exactly off the beaten path, but my favorite things I did in Puerto Rico were: walking around Old San Juan and the old forts, hiking in El Yunque rain forest, and kayaking the bioluminescent bay near Fajardo. If you find yourself on the West end of the island (definitely a less touristy area), I enjoyed staying in Villa Montana. Although it is a resort, I don't think it is the big chain type resorts you are thinking of. They have a beautiful private beach with a cute little outdoor restaurant. The rooms are Villas scattered around lush tropical landscaping. They provide horse back riding tours and water sports if you are interested.

by Jamesr3939

I would go to Aricibo and stay at El Convento in Old San Juan.

by GlobeTrekr

We stayed at Hotel El Convento in the heart of Old San Juan and LOVED it.

Walking around Old San Juan is great. Start your day with a cafe con leche and a mallorca at La Bombonera. El Morro fort is cool as is El Yunque. Have fun!

Comments