Villa Sevilla Guest House

Rd 956 KM 7.9, BO Guzman Abajo, , 00745, Caribbean

More about Villa Sevilla Guest House

Picture Perfect Setting

by TripAdvisor Member P_T_MA

We just returned from our first visit to Puerto Rico and a fantastic stay at the Villa Sevilla, July 21-28. Situated on the mountainside in a residential neighborhood, it is safe, quiet, relaxing and offers breathtaking views. Our hosts, Wally and Marina, were very gracious to us during our stay and made us feel "at home". I along with my husband, son (10) and daughter (8) really enjoyed the grounds, pool, visits by the dogs and feeding the chickens with Wally in the morning. Our hosts provided everything that we needed to picnic on the beach or go exploring the island. The Casita is tastefully decorated and immaculately clean. It is the perfect place to experience the culture of Puerto Rico that you would never get staying in a large hotel. The location is great being only 15 minutes from the rainforest and Luquillo Beach, and 30 minutes to Old San Juan. We will be returning to Puerto Rico again next year and we will definitely be staying at Villa Sevilla.

Villa Sevilla is a Sanctuary ~ Very Peaceful

by TripAdvisor Member HappyMango

We recently stayed 4 nights at Villa Sevilla. Our 'home' was perfect - very clean, tastefully decorated, every amenity you could imagine, and extremely comfortable and relaxing. The setting is beautiful and the grounds are nicely manicured, yet very much in the rain forest. Sitting outside in the evening listening to the coquis was so incredibly peaceful. We miss it already! Wally & Marina are amazing people, so very nice and helpful. Their hard work is quite evident in this sanctuary they have created. We hope to return in the near future.

We loved Villa Sevilla!

We just returned from a few days in Villa Sevilla. We stayed at Pablo's Place and our stay was supposed to be for only two days. The place everythinh we needed for our short vacations and particularly for a family of five (three kids). The place was perfect for us and there was enough space for all of us particularly after a long day in the beach. The kitchen had everyhting we needed including coffee. The kids loved the pool and the view was really beautifull. I knew my kids were having a good time when they told me the feel like being home.
The Lawsons suggested us different activities and we decided the biobay adventure. The experience was incredible. Captain Suarez explained evrything to the kids about the bay and the adventure ended with my kids and my husband inside the water in the midle of the night. We had a good time and decided to extend our stay for an additional day to enjoy more that part of the Island. As a local I can say that the suggestions provided by Villa Sevilla for activities and places to go, are excellent. Villa Sevilla is a very quiet place , good for families and couples but more important for people who like to explore the places without the rush of a hotel. Definitely, we will return to Villa Sevilla but next time for a longer stay.

Serene and private, but not isolated,

Villa Sevilla seemed like a good place for us to spend a few days where we would be out of the rat race of San Juan but close to the coast and able to visit Luquillo Beach, go boating from Fajardo, and make an afternoon trip into Old San Juan, while also getting a chance to spend a day hiking and swimming in the rain forest. The location did turn out to be ideal for all these purposes. Better yet, the place itself is wonderful. We stayed at La Casita. It was spotless, had just about every amenity you might want, and commanded a beautiful view of the coast and, from the very private pool by the chalet, of El Yunque. There was plenty of room for our family of four, and we got a late start nearly every day because it was just so pleasant to sit on the patio in the morning and have our coffee and read. The kids loved exploring the grounds and finding the chickens. Wally and Marina were very friendly and full of good tips about activities in the area. We went one evening to the bioluminescent bay, which they arranged, and it was terrific. In short, this is a gem of a place. The first time up the winding road (we arrived at night - not the best idea) was a little daunting, but after that, we found it easy to come and go. Highly recommended.

A Magical Time At Villa Seviila

We arrived to Villa Sevilla On Saturday the 13th, and from the moment we arrived we fell head over heals for the casita and the entire location. My children were in aw. We stayed for seven days, and by the end of the of the first day it felt like home. The Lawsons were wonderful making my trip very stress free. Marina made sure she arranged all of my activities even before I arrived. We went to the Bio-Bay, the site was amazing to say the least. The other activities were so much fun well thought out and everything fell into place seemlessly. We saw Puerto Rico like I never dreamed possible. My husband loved it so much he is thinking of buying some sort of property up there. I can't express the sheer tranquility the peace you feel when arrive. I would defenitely reccommend Villa Sevilla to anyone who trully wishes to hav an experience of a lifetime.

The Muniz Family
Brooklyn, N.Y.

What a view!

by TripAdvisor Member mobear

We arrived at Villa Sevilla on August 12 and stayed two nights at Pablo's Place. What a lovely place, up on a hill overlooking El Yunque on one side and the ocean on the other. We fell asleep at night listening to the Coqui outside our window.
The apartment was very clean and comfortable.
Both Wally and Pablo were available to answer any of our questions. Marina left a guide of activities and restaurants which was helpful to read. The place even had a copy of "Lonely Planet" to look over. We spent time at Luquillo Beach (20 minutes away) and hiked El Yunque (also about 20 minutes away).
We had a wonderful time.
Villa Sevilla is quite a find.
Mona

loved villa sevilla

This was a wonderful experience in the forest. Peaceful, quiet and very private. Imagine having a resort pool entirely to yourself. In addition I was shocked at how well stocked this place is. Check in before going to the market as you may find that you won't need to buy as much as you thought. Wally and Marina were great hosts attending to every detail. I was apprehensive about keeping a 16 year old entertained but Villa Sevilla was his favorite part of our trip to Puerto Rico. He would have been happy to spend the entire 2 weeks there instead of only 4 days.

Exceptional!!!!

Our family (including 3 kids ages 5 yr, 3 yr, and 4 month) spent a week at Villa Sevilla this summer. We cannot rave enough!!! It truly was one of our best vacations ever and we will definately return. The casita was the perfect home for us - clean, nicely decorated, and all the amenities of home. Wally and Marina were wonderful hosts - welcoming us to their property as one would welcome longtime friends. For example, our children anxiously awaited Wally's arrival every morning to help him feed the chickens and check for the toad. They also loved the swimming pool which we had to ourselves the whole visit. While close to many of the tourist attractions of Puerto Rico, we often found ourselves just wanting to spend the day in the beauty and relaxation of Villa Sevilla.

We would not hesitiate to recommend Villa Sevilla to any of our friends or family who travel to Puerto Rico. It is a wonderful treasure for couples and families alike! We can't wait to return!

Villa Sevilla is a Special Place to take a break!

I stayed at La Casita with my grown son and daughter for two nights - and it was a very quiet, peaceful and private vacation. All three of us have been very busy (I am a physican, my daughter is in med school, my son in radiology) so we had ample time and space to "reconnect" and have long conversations in between vigorous physical activity. La Casita is squeaky clean and comfortable we all slept well, ate well and did a lot. The hammock is a good place to study early in the morning while your mom has breakfast on the porch. Enjoyed the local flora and fauna. It is good to go rock climbing in the river and swim there - take your swim shoes and a machete. The road up the mountain is a hard drive, narrow winding mountain turns.
Don't miss the bio-bay kayak tour, its a lifetime experience! Wally and Marina Lawson are special people who care about their guests and work hard to ensure we have everything we need.

Villa Sevilla Guest House is a rare find!!!

Our recent stay at Villa Sevilla far exceded our expectations!! La Casita was spotless and very well supplied. At the risk of sounding like the two newest mebers of " The Wally and Marina Fan Club" , Wally and Marina are the quintessenial hosts. Marina arranged for all our excursions prior to our arrival. Wally was a wealth of information about the area. The natural beauty of Puerto Rico is awe inspiring We are looking foward to our next visit to Villa Sevilla

Comments