Blue Boy Inn

556, Black Eagle Street, Rincon, 00677, Caribbean

More about Blue Boy Inn

Excellent service, location

by TripAdvisor Member HenkkaIllinois

Wow, so good to read all these great reviews about Marc's place. We stayed at Blue Boy Inn already on Christmas 2005 when it was not quite finished yet but Marc managed to setup a just furnished room for us so I think we were the first guests at his place. Excellent service, clean rooms, wonderful breakfast and Marc even let us borrow his snorkeling set! No wonder is ranked #1 in Rincon. Keep up the good work Marc! BR, Henri & Taija from Illinois / Finland

A Destination in itself

by TripAdvisor Member casadebambino

We stayed at Blue Boy Inn about 10 days ago now and had an absolutely wonderful time. All of the reviews are true. Marc has found his calling. I toured all of the rooms and they are all gorgeous, tranquil and romantic. The breakfasts were wonderful and the conversation was great. Thanks Marc for providing such a wonderful escape! Leslie and Tom

Loved this place!

by TripAdvisor Member DAMARIS_PUERTORICO

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Blue Boy Inn for three nights and absolutely loved this place. We had been to Rincon four times before, but this B&B exceeded all our expectations. Marc is so friendly and knowledgeable of Rincon and the best places to visit and eat. He was the perfect host. Every morning he cooks and serves the best breakfast in the world (it is complimentary). Although when we stayed there were some renovations going on, they didn't bother at all, and Marc was very helpful, always with a smile. The rooms were beautiful and very clean, and the bathroom had nice complimentary toiletries. The garden was unique and could not been more beautiful, and the property is a short walk to one of the best beaches in Rincon. About Rincon, it is the best beach place in mainland Puerto Rico (only Culebra tops it), and everyone is very friendly. And, of course, Rincon has the best sunsets in the world. If you like a nice, beautiful, sunny place to relax, stay in Rincon.

Beautiful Bed and Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member 2wicky

Marc was a fantastic host and a wonderful cook. Everyone is still talking about his crepes and french toast.

Marc has done an incredible job with the Blue Boy Inn. The rooms are beautiful, clean and air-conditioned. The impressive garden area is a great place to relax. There is a nice BBQ area for guest use if you feel like cooking. We had an early flight the next morning, so had to miss breakfast our last day. Marc delivered a coffee maker and some fruit to our room the night before to make sure we were well taken care of--incredible service.

The beach is only a block away --and Steps Beach is only a 5-10 minute walk. **Incredible snorkeling here. The best snorkeling and colorful coral we had on our trip. If you want to make the snorkel/dive trip to Isla Desecheo, Taino Divers is conveniently located next door. (Incredible snorkeling water clarity of over 50 feet! Kind of spooky at first.)

Marc is currently adding a new patio and 2 additional rooms, as well as a pool in the near future. Though there was construction at the time we visited, we barely knew they were there.

We would highly recommend the Blue Boy Inn to anyone wanting to stay in Rincon. We will definitely be visiting again.

Absolutely Fantastic in Every Way

by TripAdvisor Member TCP-GDI

We stayed at the Blue Boy Inn for 3 nights after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. The place is simply incredible. Marc, the owner, is very friendly and has done a fantastic job with the place. The location is fantastic - there is a bar nearby (the Shipwreck) which also has great food, and there's another nice restaurant right on the beach, 3 minute's walk away. The rooms were done up to perfection - not one detail missed. Our room even had some roses in a vase, that Marc had put in for the prior guests as it was Valentine's Day. The entire house was renovated by Marc just over a year ago, and he plans to add a pool area by the end of the year. The gardens are amazing as well.

Breakfast was fantastic - quiche, fresh fruits, cereal, coffee, tea, juices, bread, crepes, etc.

The beach is a one minute walk, and its a 10 minute walk up the beach to a fantastic snorkeling area. Marc will provide you with beach towels and beach chairs as well.

This is one of the nicest, most resonably priced places we have ever stayed anywhere in the world!

Fantastic!

by TripAdvisor Member travelingpurr

My husband and I spent two nights at the Blue Boy Inn and found it wonderful. Mark, the owner, is very hospitable and personable. His attention to detail for the hotel's layout , its amenities, and its rooms is amazing. The hotel, grounds, and rooms are beautiful. Mark is adding an extension to the hotel and some construction is going on but you certainly can't hear any of it and it does not get in the way of a completely enjoyable stay. The breakfast is quite nice as well and there is enough variety to satisfy probably anyone.

The Blue Boy Inn is highly recommended!! We definately plan on returning and telling our friends and family....

What a Find!

by TripAdvisor Member TravellerVera

This is a lovely hotel/inn, minutes for several beaches where the snorkelling is recommended, but the real joy is the inn itself. Mark the host is friendly and helpful and has set up a fabulous retreat with large and comfortable rooms/bathrooms. I think all of them have a private outside terrace, ours certainly did (Room 3, full north). Also air con, fridge, tv, wireless internet connection. The whole place is beautifully designed and spotlessly clean. The garden area, with plenty of seating, is a delight. Breakfast has to be seen to be believed, buffet style with Mark's own omelettes and french toast, cheeses, meats, fruits, cereals, yoghurts, croisants and toast etc. coffee (or tea for we Brits!) If you want a freshly cooked egg, Mark with make it for you - he really couldn't have been more accommodating. Add to this that you can get complimentary beach towels, beach chairs, and cool boxes for your beer or soft drinks to take to the beach.
This hotel is expanding - a pool is planned, and an outside terrace area. I'm sure the day will come when you have to book it up months in advance - meanwhile take advantage now while it's fairly quiet and book yourself a few days in paradise!

Rincon - Blue Boy Inn is the perfect combo

by TripAdvisor Member Lammer6

We have spent 5 nigths at the Blue Boy Inn. My wife and I have truly enjoyed our stay at the Blue Boy Inn. Not only Rincon was exactly the kind of place we were looking for with great beaches, sunsets and fun happy hour places, the Blue Boy Inn was a wonderful place to stay. Mark is great host, highly available with plenty of recommendations of must-see places and things to do. The Inn is quiet, extremely clean and relaxing. Mark is always going the extra attention and always wants to make sure his guests to truly enjoyed their stay.

Charming bed & breakfast (review with pictures)

by TripAdvisor Member trust8383

We just got back from Rincon, Puerto Rico. My wife and I, along with 2 other couples, stayed at the Blue Boy Inn from 6/22/07-6/25/07. It was a pleasant stay, and I hope the following review will provide helpful information for anyone considering staying here.

First of all, Let me just say that Marc, the owner of this establishment is a great host. As stated by nearly every review I've read so far...He takes great pride in making every effort to make sure his guests are well taken care of. A genuinely nice guy.

This bed and breakfast has 6 rooms that are nicely appointed and I believe he has plans to add more. We stayed in room #6, which is located in the garden. This is the most private room, slightly larger, which had a downside in that it took longer to keep cool. Each room has a window AC unit, but our room was a challenge to keep cold. We had to set it all the way down to 60 degrees to get any level of comfort. Our other friends had 2 rooms upstairs which were very nice and comfortable. I would recommend those before the garden room.

The gardens are highlight of the Inn. They are very well manicured and designed, with plenty of seating. Each is covered with wooden pergolas for some shade, and there is light music being played throughout the garden. Very relaxing. There is also an outdoor shower and bathroom in the garden, which is helpful after a day at the beach. Unfortunately, the pool wasn't finished when we were there, but i saw the plans and it will look terrific when completed.

Each day, around 8-10am, Marc serves a wonderful buffet style breakfast. His french toast was awesome, and the crepes were spectacular. There was also a selection of cold meats, bagels, crossoints, fresh fruits, cereals, and yummy omelets. I thoroughly enjoyed this breakfast every single morning!

Speaking of food, we ate at many different places, and they were all good! For a nice dining experience and great food presentation, try Don Raul's and also La ana de Confresi (which is inside the Hotel villa Confresi) For some local flavor, go to Pimiento's and Rincon tropical which are both located near downtown. Amarillos (sweet plantains) are awesome! For local cheap food, try out zippy tacos, a small taco stand just before puntas bakery. It's atop a hill just past domes beach. They serve tacos with mashed potatoes in them!? They were great.

The Blue Boy Inn's location is probably it's only weakness. It is not located directly on the beach. Also, the surrounding areas are not the cleanest of sorts. (Don't get me wrong, the actual Inn is kept perfectly clean) but their is a boat ramp nearby and that particular beach is not cleanest by any means. A lot of litter. You will have to walk or drive to the nearest beach which is "steps beach" which is much nicer. Domes beach is a short drive away, and I would recommend that beach for surf. It has a very rocky floor though, so take care. Also, the sorrounding area is very rural. Which could be a high or low point depending on what you are looking for. I personally thought it was neat. Directly in front of the inn is a grassy field with goats. Also, daily you will see people on horseback walking down the street giving tours.

To get around in rincon, you must rent a car in my opinion. But take care in driving, because the roads are very narrow, and many times people will creep onto your side of the road, and you have to ride the edge. On the downhill twisty roads, our side mirror was maybe an inch away from oncoming traffic. Once you get the hang of it, it's actually fun! hehe The local people we came across were very friendly, but in general, I wouldn't say it was the cleanest place. In the winter time though, this town is a surfer's paradise. For a fun time at night, check out tamboo's on the beach. They had good drinks and a live band that was awesome. They played everything from reggae to elvis.

Lastly, wear sunblock! it was hot! Also, marc provides insect repellent . (I highly recommend using it) If i had to go back to rincon, I would not choose any other place except Blue boy inn. Unless you are looking for private house. (Which in that case, would have to be Caracol Che. The nicest property)

Cheers, Jon.

I'm in love!!!

by TripAdvisor Member ms30sumthang

I stayed at the Blue Boy Inn from June 22 - June 26 for my 30th birthday vacation. This is perhaps the most beautiful place I've ever vacationed. The grounds of the property are meticulously maintained. The owner, Marc's attention to detail is incredible (there's soft music playing all day throughout the gardens!). The rooms are spacious and decorated in modern decor. The bathrooms are equally impeccable. Each room has it's own porch/terrace. Marc prepares a fabulous breakfast spread each morning. He also provides free beach towels and beach chairs whenever you need them. By the way, the Inn is only a few steps away from the beach! The nightly rates are well beyond reasonable - you get MUCH more than you pay for. All in all, I enjoyed a very tranquil, relaxing vacation. The BBI was everything I hoped it would be and then some!

P.S. The owner is putting in a swimming pool - I'll be back soon!

Comments