Rd. 115, Km 12.0, Rincon, 00677, Caribbean
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Villa Cofresi Hotel

villa cofresi

by ITjetsetter

good stay perfect location right on the beach, big rooms with enough room for 4 persons.
very very friendly staff.
free wifi internet connection

Villa Cofresi Review: Not for Us

by TripAdvisor Member McDaniel

This hotel is a rather tacky place. It is right on a beach, a very thin strip of brown sand. There are a lot of drinking party types here. It is loud at night--lots of drinking, yelling, smoking, that goes on much of the night. Not suitable for children, in our opinion. The breakfast is quite unhealthy-they were actually serving twinkies, american cheese slices, high fat pastries, ham, etc. Very little fresh food. The whole place smells like rotten produce, because they use coconuts to make some of the drinks and they do not clean out the bar area very well. It is all centered around a bar scene. People get very drunk at night. Loud kareoke singing one night, place full of cigarette smoke. Our apartment (2 bedroom) was just dirty. The floor was filthy, the smaller couch was very stained, the blinds were broken, the air conditioner was very loud, and we could not get cold water (only warm) out of the faucets to drink. In the other "deluxe" room we stayed in for one night with 2 king beds, the bathroom tub leaked water across the bedroom floor under both beds every time we used the shower. We did get a discount for that, but no apology! The restaurant on the premises was very expensive: $17-23 for an entree, so hardly anyone was eating there. We walked across the street to two local places to eat every night. This place is more appropriate for a younger party drinking crowd, but I would not bring families with children here. We would never return to this place.

A good beach hotel in Rincon

by TripAdvisor Member coastside

I stayed at Villa Cofresi for three nights in early June, 2006. I discovered this hotel from user reviews on Tripadvisor, so I am adding my two cents' worth.

My room was very clean and comfortable. I could hear the surf at night as I went to sleep. The Villa Cofresi is a good basic beach hotel and I would stay there again.

The location is right on what the town maps call the best swimming beach in Rincon.

The front desk service was very helpful and friendly. When I made my reservation, I asked for a quiet room. That's what I got. The rooms they call the quiet rooms are in a wing away from the pool area. The building has three floors; my room was on the second floor with a balcony and view of the beach and water beyond.

The bar was a good place to watch the sunset.

The pool area was loud with partyers Friday night. There is an outdoor jukebox by the pool. My room was away from the noise, but there is a "jungle gym" area for kids by the beach, and I was surprised to hear them still noisily playing at quarter past midnight. (I'm not talking about teenagers, I mean kids who looked about 8 or 9 years old playing on the slide and swingset at that hour.) This was not an issue during the week.

Continental breakfast was included in my rate. Breakfast is served in a dreary dining room. There were little cereal boxes, bread for toast, some fruit, and juice from a machine. The breakfast buffet was served on paper plates with plastic utensils. Coffee or tea in a styrofoam cup. For an extra charge you could get eggs or omelettes to order. I'm not really a breakfast eater, so I didn't care, but I am passing this along in case you do. I found the breakfast setup surprising, since the hotel has a fully functioning kitchen, and yet all of the bagels, etc looked like they came from the bulk food distributor in San Juan. It seems like with just a little effort they could offer one fresh-baked touch, like a batch of cinnamon rolls or muffins every morning. It was depressing enough that I decided to forego breakfast the next two days, and avoided the restaurant for dinner as well. I have to admit, though, that as I was passing through the area one evening and saw people's dinner plates, the meals looked appetizing.

I checked out on a Saturday and the place was very busy. I am posting some photos, including one of the swimming pool crowd on Saturday.

Be aware that the town of Rincon is going through some major infrastructure upgrades, resulting in highway detours and parts of the town blocked off. This did not preclude me from enjoying a relaxing beach vacation. The Villa Cofresi offers good value for the money.

Mixed Feelings

by TripAdvisor Member silmarie

First of all, let me say in advance that I have been an annual guest of Villa Cofresí for almost twenty years. I love it because it fulfills my needs, and that is that is right in the beach. The staff is really pleasant and will go out of their way to accommodate their guests' needs. However, I need to point out that security is not as tight as it should be. First, there were people coming in to the beach from the side alley, which were not hotel guests, and appropiated the hotel chaise lounges (one of the days, they were using 11), and even though my husband told one of the employees, no one came to talk to them. The beaches in PR are public, but hotel property is not. Second, kids were running and screaming until late hours, disturbing guests rest (our last night up until 1:00am), and no action was taken. I believe these problems can be corrected easily by hiring one or two security guards to make sure that hotel's rules are followed by all guests. I would hate not to be able to count on Villa Cofresi as my PR summer vacation spot.

A piece of paradise

Last January was our most recent trip to this piece of paradise. We started staying at the Villa in 1978 and have not missed a year since. What started out as a week at Christmas has evolved into 6 weeks between December and February. It is now home away from home.

It is a family owned and operated facility that has staffed itself with exellent personnel throughout. The entire staff go out of their way to assure the quality of your stay.

We are returning again this year, to renew acquaintances and to enjoy our stay with friends that we have made over the years.

literally right on the beach

by TripAdvisor Member flycatcher06

We stayed here for 3 days in March, 2006. The staff was very friendly and helpful throughtout reservation, check-in and stay. The room was as promised, clean and fell asleep to the soun of the crhing waves every night.
Food in restaurant was good and rasonably priced. I would highly recomend this hotel it was a very relaxing place. Any questions, please feel free to e-mail me.

Villa Cofesi, rincon

by TripAdvisor Member walicea

We just got back from a visit to Rincon, Pr. While there, we stayed at Villa Cofressi. The reception area and check in process was good and the staff was very pleasant. Once past the reception area, there is a great outdoor bar with pool tables, a jukebox, and tables for enjoying food, drinks, or simply sitting and enjoying the company. We really enjoyed partying and playing pool with other great stateside families in this area each evening!! Breakfast, which is included in the rate, and was great, was also served in this area. This area is adjacent and visable to the hotels pool. The pool and grounds were good and they gave bracelets to patrons of the hotel to ensure that only guest were using the pool. The beach is right along side the bar. The location of the hotel was good, but the area has suffered some beach erosion, therefore, the beach are was not as large as we expected. Still, the beach was a good swimming beach and there were banana boats, jetskis and other activity in the immediate area to enjoy.
The neagatives were bearable. For one thing, we requested a unit with a kitchenette and that's what we got. The only problem was that they did not provide cooking untelsils, pot and pans, silverware, or dishes. When I told the front desk about it, they immediately sent over a box of new pots and pans and some paper goods. Still no utensils. the next day I told the room attendant about it and by the time we had returned she had gotten us everthing we needed. (We did not antcipate using the kithcen too much, but thought it was a god option for s since we were traveling with kids). The other problem was that the beds were uncomfortable. They need to update the furniture. The final problem was with the parking. We arrived at about 12:30 am one evening after a long day in Old San Juan. When we arrived there was no parking and there was no one at the front desk. I saw a worker (maintance?) and told him that I needed parking and he told me that he was not sure what he could do. I let him Know that I had seen a small area which I knew was not for parking, but that I was going to park there because I was too tired to seek other solutions and that It was the hotels job to provide sufficient parking. I gave him my room number and told him that the front desk could call me no earlier than 9:30 the next morning for me to move the car if necessary. He was understanding and left a note for the front desk. They did not distrurb us at all. Thank You, Staff!!! Like I said before, the problems were not outrageous.
From our lodging location, we took side trips to the Camuey Caves (1.5 hrs), Crashboat Beach (35 Minutes), Shack Beach (40 minutes), San Sebastians beautiful Waterfall (40 minute), Phloresant? Bay in La Parguera, (1.5 hrs) and old San Juan (2 hrs). All worth the trip but skip the Observatory in Arecibo.
Have a great time and just go with the flow........

Good location on beach, great bar, noisy at night!!

by TripAdvisor Member SDAtlanta

We stayed in the Deluxe King 1st floor room which is the only room directly on the beach at lowest level. Note, however, that you can't walk directly from your balcony or room onto the beach -- you must walk out the door, by the pool and onto the beach (a very short walk!). This is ocean-front and it definitely met our expectations with regard to its location to the ocean. The ocean waves come within a few feet of the room's balcony (and they actually sounded like they were coming IN the room some nights!). The beach is being eroded from year to year so it gets closer and closer to the the hotel!! I'm sure years from now, the water will reach the boundary of the hotel and this room may not be there anymore!
The big problem to be aware of up-front is the noise from the bar and game (pool tables) area. This room is directly next to it and the bar area is very noisy until midnight. We enjoy partying also, but the noise even got on our nerves. It can ruin the ocean-front, romantic ambience. You may want to consider the rooms on the other side by the playground. The other weird thing we learned about this room is that hot means cold and cold means hot. In other words, use the cold faucets to get hot water (learned after I took a cold shower). We called about this problem and they didn't even seem to know about it! The bar is fun -- right on the beach and the bartenders (Chi Chi!) enjoy cutting up with the guests. The bar offers some good pub-fare type food for munchies (and you can get some other items off restaurant menu -- just ask). For a continental breakfast, it was quite good and you can buy eggs if you want. For the price, it's a good deal.

Nice Place

by TripAdvisor Member patty3157

My husband and I just came home after spending 4 nights at this place. Lets start with the good, The place is clean and our room was large facing the beach and we could hear the surf at night. The staff was great and chearful. The food in the resturant was plentyfull and great taste. The breakfast was not good at all. They put out a continental breakfast (very very small). That is fine except when you pay for a package that includes your meals you should get a full breakfast. There is only one more bad thing at this place. When you check in they put a color band on your wrist so you can use the pool. I quess the locals must slip in. The bad thing I mean is that this marks you as a tourist to some not so nice people. So we took ours off. Also there is no shade at all in the pool .

BEST VACACATION WE EVER HAD

by TripAdvisor Member Michael-Carmen

My wife and i recently stayed at the Villa Confressi , and it was by far the best place we ever stayed at when in Puerto Rico. The place is located on the beach . The place is very very clean and the staff at the resort is family run ans they go out of there way to make your stay a pleasant and safe one. Donot miss the gar which is on the beach with great drinks and burgers. We stayed at room 315 which was on the ocean which also had a great balcony for beautiful sunsets. We can't wait to return to this resort as our stay was a great one

Comments