Gran Melia Puerto Rico

Women's Travel Golf Spa and Resort
See Amenities
LATINA_GODEZZ's Profile Photo

WORST TRIP EVER

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 29, 2009

and then we were told to stay at the resort we had to put down a $150.00 deposit a day credit card for incidentals.

The Gran Melia is a expensive hotel, we stayed aug 14- 20, 2009 far from the airport

The bad thing about PR is that in order to really sight see and get around you need to rent a car

but I thought it was ridulous to pay 15 dollars a day to park @ the hotel

The resort is far off the main road and there isnt any public transportation readily available.

I felt all extras were ridulous and should have been known ahead of time.

dealing we had with the front desk were frustrating.Food and drinks at hotel were very expensive too.

Also, by the pool, a coke cost $3 for a 4 oz glass (no free refills).

As for food, since the hotel is located pretty far away from the city or
outlining towns you are left with the Hotel restaurants which are crazt over priced

beach is poor really small,The bed loungers around pool are are extra at 50 per day.

the beach at the hotel is not suitable for swimming. It's really shallow and rocky.

instead its beauty masks the fact that the management is constantly trying to jerk you on your vacation,

it was just a really bad trip. I could not possibly write all of the things that went wrong.

We will NEVER visit this resort again I would not recommened this hotel.

Unique Quality: We booked in advance with ORBITZ.com and thought everything was cool until we went to check in

but I thought it was ridulous to pay 15 dollars a day to park @ the hotel

I felt all extras were ridulous and should have been known ahead of time.

Also, by the pool, a coke cost $3 for a 4 oz glass (no free refills).

As for food, since the hotel is located pretty far away from the city or

We will NEVER visit this resort again I would not recommened this hotel.

Directions: IT IS ABOUT 1/2 OR 1/4 OF A MILE FROM RT 3

carmenBI Jun 2, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Big deception weekend at EL Grand Melia , Rio Grande

One hour waiting for two rooms after check-in sharp at 3:00 PM and the minimum information from the front desk personnel about the status of the rooms and “Resort” amenities. That was the beginning of my family experience at El Gran Melia Rio Grande Puerto Rico. Smelly rooms and air conditioners that never work properly (the cable TV did not work neither) was the second part of my experience but the worst part was the unprofessional employee without good manners asking when we leaving so they can start cleaning the room and that were at 10:00 AM two hours before regular check-out, they never made my family feel welcome. The pool was a disaster at 8:20 AM trash everywhere beer cans, cigarette and food around. My daughter hurt her knees with the expose cement in the bottom of the pool surface, clearly lack of maintenance. The best part was left behind the worst weekend ever.

Nearby Gran Melia Puerto Rico

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Rio Grande Travel Forum

Need advice about Rio Grande, Puerto Rico? Visit the Travel Forum for Rio Grande and ask our Answer Gurus.

Rio Grande Travel Guide