1 Vendig St., Condado, San Juan, 00907, Caribbean
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Atlantic Beach Hotel

by Romi about Atlantic Beach Hotel

Approximately $75.00 (off-season) Clean and comfortable rooms, great bar, the beach is two steps away from the hotel and very courteous staff.

The Center of Gay San Juan- for everyone

by jglsongs about Atlantic Bar

The Atlantic Bar (part of the Atlantic Beach Hotel) is a bar, cafe, club, cabaret and all-around funspot all in one. You can't beat the views (looking out and in) and the atmosphere is a lot of fun. You probably will meet just as many tourists as locals (sometimes more tourists than locals!).

Sunday nights are great with drag shows and other live music and cabaret acts. Even if your Spanish is weak, you'll still have a great time. Anything goes!

Wonderful happy hour

At the happy hour we went to at the Atlantic Beach Hotel Bar, the sandwiches that were made were absolutely off the charts. Right on the beach also with clear views of men in thongs getting their backs rubbed with oil. Highly recommended.

Worth the stay

We stayed at the Atlantic Beach hotel for 4 nights and would stay again. We stayed in room 403 which had a great view of the ocean, beach and bar. You can watch the drag shows from the room. The room was big and comfortable. It had a queen bed and a twin bed in front of the window. Our room was clean and had towels and soap (no shampoo). The TV was old but everything else was fine. We paid $170/nt. For more luxury go to the Marriott which is a short walk away and pay the additional $70/night. The staff was friendly and the bar was fun but the location was the best.

nice staff, clean room

My husband and I ( not gay ) picked The Atlantic Beach Hotel out of a magazine on our way to our one night stay in San Juan. We did not know it was a gay hotel but found out just as we finished checking in. The staff was absolutelly friendly, helpful and very accomodating and we arent even gay!!!!!!!. We had read so many bad reviews about hotels in San Juan and were advised to be shown a room before you pay for it. The staff had no problem showing our room to us before we even payed. Our room was just a room but very clean and smelled just fine. It even had a nice view of the ocean. The outside bar was completely tropical, the cocktails were great. I wish we could have stayed longer, they were just putting up all their Christmas decorations.

Party Central for San Juan Gay Life, (By Day and By Night)

I had a fantastic time in San Juan and the Atlantic Beach Hotel is the focal point of everything during my stay. First, the people are great, from the bar staff, (and yes, I spent a lot of time here), to the front desk, security, and house keeping, the people make it so much fun. This was my third visit here over the last five years and Terri has really turned the staff around here, much improved over what it was when he took over the establishment. Terri has taken a very "hands on" interest in the place and is there every day and night to see that his guests are satisified. He is remodelling roomes and the hotel. It is a big project but progress is being made in every corner. There are other alternatives in the area but this is party central, it is all about convenience. You can walk from the bar to your room when you need something or have that "visitor" that wants to see what your room looks like. The bar is active seven days a week, party central and the starting point for every evening. And, YES, you can bring visitors up to the rooms. The security and hotel staff do filter out the problematic people but if the "guest" does not have a history or it is an obvious problem person, they are there to protect you. They welcome you to have a guest up to your room. Don't go by what you have heard in the past, this place is party central and is getting better every day. Thanks to Terri and his entire staff. Jim

Clean & On The Beach

by TripAdvisor Member CGJeff71

If you are expecting the Ritz.. find somewhere else to go. My friend (25yo)and I (23yo) spent the New Year at the Atlantic Beach and we had a great time for the week we were there. The front desk staff is semi friendly.. the bar was great times & the bartenders are fun as well.. you just have to make an effort to be personable and get to know the guys (you just can't sit there! Be sociable!).
Upon check-in everything was great and we were buzzed in and then we got into the Crickity & somewhat scarry elevator which took us to our room. The room was clean and similar to what you would get at Super 8. The view was fantastic and so was the one from the top sun deck.

Okay.. lets do the pros & cons:
Pros- Location, Bar, Beach steps away, View, Clean Rooms, Atmosphere
Cons- Older building, the Elevator, Waiting for Hot Water (run the shower for about 5 min before getting in), lack of storage in rooms.

Previous posts on here say some of the worst things.. but honestly people.. this is a great place to stay due to its location and atmosphere. Overall quality is okay... if I were to go back to PR, I would probably stay @ the Atlantic again.

(Tips for PR: If you are up for taking the bus.. its only 25cents to Old SanJuan.. Taxi is approx $12 eachway. Also, the shops in OSJ close EARLY !) Most of all have fun & enjoy your trip.. I know we did!

BEWARE!

by TripAdvisor Member sunstarsun

We were sent here due to a canceled AA flight since they said all other hotels in San Juan were booked. When we pulled up, there were seedy looking men hanging around the front of the building. We went to check in and noticed the pictures of men in drag and the gay drinks listed on the menu. Ok, a gay hotel, no problem EXCEPT when it appears to be a gay hotel that rents by the hour! We went up to our room which we were told we had to share a bathroom with the couple we were with. The rooms were absolutely disgusting! You are better off sleeping in the airport or in a car! Dirty, dirty, pee on the toilet, blood on the bathroom wall, stained sheets, shredded carpeting, smoky, phone did not work, etc. $185/night? C'mon. I've traveled extensively and have never seen this type of room in my life! I don't know where the other reviewers were staying but it was not here! We called around and found a room at the Marriot and walked there after checking out in 10 minutes!

think twice

it was nice to be near the beach and have the bar at the hotel. the rest of my stay was terrible! the rooms are small and dirty. when i checked in the room had sand and paint chips on the floor, the bathroom toilet and floor were dirty. in the bar area the bathroom had no paper towels in it, after asking three times over 2 days a employee told me to tell the owner, so i did, it took another day for them to appear. kind of makes u think where the employee's were washing their hands since there was no other place for them. the bathrooms at the front desk were closed for the 7 days i was there. the 3 rd night a fist fight between two bar staff broke out, bad enough that the police were call and one of the employees was arrested. two of the bar stool broke under the weight of two customers while sitting and talking. a friend staying at a better hotel tried to pick me up for diner on new years eve, the staff would not let him past the front door of hotel to call or get me. they wanted $5 cover for floor show in bar, he told them he just wanted to get a guest, they still wanted the 5. we stay for drinks to see the show, no show most people left by 12:45 as we did to go to other area bars which were packed. the last day i went to the beach till i left, when i went back to my room at 11:30am the maid was already done cleaning my room even though the do not disturb sign was out on knob. check out isn't till 12 noon. while looking at the tools she used to clean my room, she had nothing to clean the carpet with and just a mop no water to clean the bathroom floor with. she just used it room to room. when i checked out and told the manager he said to tell the owner, i asked if he would just relay my concerns. he gave me the bill and tried to over charge me for the room $150 a night instead of $130. i had the comfirmation with the rates on it, he said the owner would have to deal with this. 1/2 hour later the owner came and fixed it. i told he about my stay, he started to swear at me and tell me it must be me! a group of us staying at thre hotel became friendly and compared rates for the same size rooms they range from $69.50 to $150 a night. we all called to make rsvp???? what factor do they use we all had no ocean views?????????
think twice they want are money and insult us at the same time......not too gay friendly

Lower you epectations and have a great time!

I had the same experience as another reviewer in terms of making reservations. It took them so long to follow-up on my e-mail that by the time they did, all other hotels were books. The Atlantic Beach was my last resort so I lowered my expectations and left the freezing temperatures of Chicago for my vacation in Puerto Rico. With my own towel, soap and tissue in tow, the taxi dropped us at the hotel on a beautifully sunny day. Checkin was pretty flawless, they had a file on me. The reservation system didn't appear to be computerized although there is a computer at the front desk. My file consisted the faxed reservation from that took them a while to send and that I was worried about faxing back to them via unsecured fax line. I was asked to complete a couple of other forms - name and address, traveling companion - the basics but then the clerk asked me to sign a blank charge ticket. I inquired that there should be a dollar amount on the slip before I signed it but the clerk reassured me that "it's o.k". "Just trust me", the cutie behind the counter smiled to me. I did aother quick attitude adjustment and signed the damn thing.

The hotel location was perfect. Couldn't get any better Condado. The building literally sits on the beach. The hotel lobby was nice, nothing special, but immediately to you left was the open bar and restaurant area that exopsed a clear sky and beautiful ocean. I started to think that maybe this won't be so bad afterall! Our room was sort neat-nasty. The furnishings - two beda, night table, dresser, tv, we nearly arranged in the tight perfectly square room but the place was dirty. Nothing that a fresh coat a paint and more detailed cleaning couldn't fix though. The bed linens were clean (they smelled like laundry) but the bedspread smelled musky and mildewed. There were towels, tissue and soap however! We unpacked quickly, not allowing our feet to touch the through run between the two beds, and heading to the bar.

Most of our time in Puerto Rico was spent outside of our hotel room making this stay a great experience. When we weren't on the beach drinking and sunning we were at a restaurant, casino or bar. The staff was wonderful. There was a few straight couples (more than I expected) there, kids and all. Check out was pretty straight forward. The blank credit card slip that I signed coming in had been conveniently filled out with the correct amount for my stay. Our check out was earlier than our flight depature so they checked our bags while we went a Casino for our last pull of the slot arm. We we lost our last quarters, we return to our luggage, they called us a taxi and we were off. I'd stay here again in a heart beat! Highly Recommended but adjust your expectations.

Atlantic Beach Hotel and barAtlantic Beach Hotel and bar