2011 McLeary Street, Ocean Park, San Juan, 00911, Caribbean

More about Andalucia Guest House

Comfortable retreat

by TripAdvisor Member Ryana

Service above and beyond is the norm. I spent a week emailing back and forth with the owner who was more then helpful in giving us local information before we arrived. Having never been to P.R before, we wanted a local's input .
The suite we chose was secluded from the rest of the guesthouse, with it's own private gated entrance walkway to it's own tiny courtyard. The room was charming with local touches, including a single glass block in the bathroom ceiling as a skylight! (very cool)
The room was immaculate, with extra touches such as beach towels, a cooler, umbrella...a great local map and the owner and manager always available for local help in retaurant selection and sights to see.
We left a small item in the room when we checked out and had written it off when the owner emailed to ask if it was ours. When we replied it was, he Priority-mailed it to our home address at his expense! Talk about true customer service.
There is an open air courtyard complete with shaded seating, online access using their Mac or your own WIFI, even a hot-tub for evening relaxation.
We will post pictures as soon as we unpack.
This is the place. Stay here, you won't be disappointed.

A nice boutique hotel with good perks

by TripAdvisor Member katurne2

The Andalucia is a small guest house in the Ocean Park/Condado neighborhood of San Juan. The area is urban- bars on the windows, cars driving by at all hours, and tons of foot traffic, but is also very convenient to good bars and restaurants, and is within walking distance of the beautiful Ocean Park Beach. A taxi to Old San Juan (where most of the tourist stuff is) cost about $12-$15. The guest house has been recently redecorated, and has new, comfortable beds as well as "kitchenette" carts in the rooms that contain a tiny dorm-sized fridge, a toaster, plates, silverware, cups, and a microwave. Our room was very quiet, despite the busy neighborhood. The bathroom is tiled in big, terracotta tiles, even in the shower (they feel nice on your feet) and the decor is tropical and upscale. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the room was given the price. There is an AC unit in each room, though the bathroom is not air-conditioned, and the solid door between the bedroom and bath makes it possible to cool the room effectively at night, something not necessarily standard in Puerto Rico.
The courtyard of the guesthouse is sunny and pleasant, with potted plants, a small hot tub, and tables for lounging around and chatting. The whole place just has a comfortable, friendly feel to it.
Emeo, the manager is exceptionally helpful, providing advance directions and advice on how to get to the hotel, as well as offering recommendations for restaurants, sightseeing tours, and taxis. He seems to be always around, and his help was absolutely invaluable.
This is a small guest house that does not have a restaurant or bar on the property, and has a staff of 2, so you cannot expect overwhelming luxury, but the rooms were scrupulously clean, comfortable, and had better amentites than several others I stayed in. And the price is great. If you are on a budget, this is a great place to stay.

An impeccable guest house

by TripAdvisor Member heads26

I stayed at the Andalucia based on the strength of the positive reviews it's received on this site, and yet I was still surprised at how wonderful a place it is.

As the reviews say, the owners are sweet, helpful people. I stayed here on my way to and from another Caribbean island, and stayed in 2 different rooms in the process. Both were gorgeous, decorated in a sort of hip neo-colonial style that is soothing and interesting at the same time. The rooms and public spaces are comfortable and spotlessly clean, and the kitchen areas thoughtfully furnished. In addition to the jacuzzi, the public area includes a phone that you can use free for local calls and an iMac for free guest use. The bus to Old San Juan is just around the corner, and an easy 15-min ride. About 2 blocks away is the beach, which was warm, clean, and practically deserted when I was there in late February (see photo).

One night while in San Juan I had dinner with a couple of friends who are from San Juan, and were curious to see my room. They were terrifically impressed by the d├ęcor, location, and value, and said they'd definitely recommend it to future visitors. So, hey, it's not just out-of-towners who think the Andalucia is a great find!

What a wonderful place to stay...

I just returned from a 4 night/5 day stay at the Andalucia Guest House. I partially chose this place based upon the positive reviews on this site. I was not disappointed in the least. The owners are very warm, genuine people who make you feel welcome immediately. As other reviewers have said, the place is spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated.

The location is also prime. Just a block from Ocean Park beach. Only a few doors down from "Kasaltas" where you can get your cafe con leche and cuban sandwiches. Very close to Walgreens...and walking distance to Condado. I had friends staying at the Wyndam Condado and it took me around 20-25 minutes to walk there (stopping at Starbucks along the way). It's a very pleasant neighborhood. You can call a taxi from the free phone in the common area and they will be there in 4 minutes. I can't wait to stay there again and I intend to soon!

Loved it!

We just returned from a holiday in Puerto Rico. We loved staying at the Andalucia Guest House. The owners are so sweet and attentive. The accommodation was spotlessly clean and comfortable with very creative decor. The location is excellent - a few blocks from a beautiful stretch of beaches, some great restaurants (I particularly liked Pinky's for breakfast and shakes), and super close to the bus to old San Juan. There is free internet and phone to call taxis and locally. I would definitely recommend it. It has so much more character than your average hotel.

Amazing place to stay!

I can't rave about this place enough. The rooms were small but so beautifully decorated and designed you won't miss the extra space. A jacuzzi that is spotless and free use of the computer in the common area. The manager who was in charge while I was staying there, Esteban did an amazing job. He pointed out places where we should go, the good resturaunts to eat at and even gave us his cell phone number to call if we needed anything.When we locked ourselves out he came rushing over to help us although he had ben getting ready to leave himself.

The place was near the beach ( a 3 minute walk...I timed it this morning) It is not in the area with the billions of casinos so the beach was not crowded at all.

You need to stay here. It is as good as any resort but for half the price. And there are only 8 rooms there I think so you get a wonderful amount of quiet and privacy on top of it all.

Great Guest House!!!

by TripAdvisor Member scokog

This guest house was a highlight of our vacation to the Southern Caribbean. The service was excellent and the rooms were great. Emeo went out of his way to help schedule an excursion for my family during our stay. Any questions we had were quickly answered. This was a 5 star experience for my family. Don't hesitate to stay in this great place.

great neighborhood, comfortable lodgings

by TripAdvisor Member Mainline_Travel_Man

My son and I stayed in the Andalucia for 3 nights. We found the room comfortable, and appreciated the small refrigerator and utensils, the cable TV and the free internet and local phone in the common area. The manager, Esteban, was great at explaining the local hotspots (the Kasaltas bakery is a block away and always full of locals -- a great spot!). This is a wonderful alternative to the large casino hotels that fill San Juan.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member yodacat

Room was nicely decorated and very clean, though quite small. The staff are very friendly, and the location is great - very close to beach, one or two bars and restaurants and only a 15 minute walk to the nearest casino.

The free internet/local phone calls in the lobby was very useful. There is a bus stop to San Juan/Plaza Las Americas about 2 mins away, on the next road down - though a taxi to the mall was only $12. We would definitely stay here again if we returned to Puerto Rico.

Will be Back

I stay there in June and love this place. It is in a great location with access to Old San Juan and the Mall by bus. You can also walk down to the Condado area in 10 minutes. The beach is around the corner and bars and restaurants are minutes away. I will defiantly stay here again when and Puerto Rico and recommend it to everyone.

Comments