Diamond Palace Hotel & Casino San Juan

BEST WESTERN PLUS Condado Palm Inn & Suites
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT

THIS HOTEL WAS A COMPLETE DUMP. THE SLIDING GLASS DOOR TO THE BALCONY WAS CRACKED , THE DOORS WERE OFF TRACK, THE POOL WAS DIRTY, THE CASINO WAS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND THE OUTDOOR GRILL WAS ALMOST COMPLETELY OUT OF FOOD. THE ONLY GOOD THING WAS THAT THE BEACH WAS A BLOCK AWAY. THIS WAS HORRIBLE AND A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY. TWO WEEKS LATER AND THEY STILL HAVE NOTCREDITED MY CREDIT CARD BACK FOR THE HOLD THEY PUT FOR INCIDENTALS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT INCIDENTS THEY EXPECTED SINCE THEY WERE ALREADY DONE.

Unique Quality: NONE

More about Diamond Palace Hotel & Casino San Juan

A pervert in the Diamond Palace Hotel

Last year on vacation at the Diamond Palace Hotel, I encountered a pervert on the premises. Other than this pervert my stay at the hotel was a good one. The hotel is definitely not five stars but its worth its economical prices. WATCH OUT FOR THE PERVERT!!!!

Diamond Palace is sleezy with hookers

I had stayed at the Diamond Palace in January (the day before my carribean cruise). I had initially chosen this place because it was recommened by American Airlines and they assured me that the place was safe. Safe?

The elevators were almost always broken.
The stair well slippery tile steps with garbage on the floors.
The rug in my room was filthy.
There was hairs and a used band-aide in my bed sheets.
There was only one ice machine in the whole hotel.

The casinos as full of smoke and the lobby had hookers hanging around.

On the good side, the staff was friendly and helpful.
The location was convient.
I won't stay at the hotel again.

If you are traveling and staying in Puerto Rico as a stop over. Spend a little more money and stay somewhere else.

Smokey Casino

by laura4n8 about Diamond Palace Hotel

I found it hard to find a last-minute reasonable priced hotel or hostel due to the cruise traffic San Juan attracts on the weekend. I did manage to get a room at the Diamond Palace Hotel in the Condado district. It was an average smokey casino hotel.

The rooms were comparable to a Holiday Inn and offered all the usual amenities.

The hotel was only a half block away from the beach -- which we were told later was the "locals' " beach. We like this beach because it wasn't crowded and was clean.

A Walgreen drug store was right across the street from the hotel which was convenient to buying beach snacks.

Our one major complaint was that it was difficult to get a cab from the hotel. They relied on cabs driving by and seeing the light illuminated on the drive-way roof. We waited for a good 15 minutes in the late evening and ended up walking to an area with more traffic. We only stayed one night and the hotel staff the day we left were fabulous! They opened up a bathroom for us in the afternoon after we had checked out, spent six hours at the beach and needed to change.

diamond in the rough

diamond palace hotel and casino exceeded my expectations. the staff was attentive, friendly, knowledgable and speedy. the facilities served us well. location was spectacular. literally down the street from the beach. the diamond palace is a go.

I'm going back!

I stayed at the Diamond Palace Hotel & Casino last summer and I had a great time. The room was very clean and all the amenities throughout the Hotel. The hotel staff is very pleasant and polite. I had a small problem/question and when I went to the front desk I spoke with two employees a young lady named niomi and a very helpful man named Edwin. They did their best to help me solve the problem I had with my accomodations and then they called the Assistant Manager of the Hotel. This Manager named Ms. Mildred Rodriguez went above and beyond to make sure my stay at the Hotel was what I had anticipated. She even suggested many fine restaurants in the area and also sightseeing places in the Metro area as well as the countryside and other towns. El Yunque Rain Forest is one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. It is just breathtaking. My family was very pleased with the way these three employees presented themselves and the Hotel. We will be going back for the holidays and we will definitely be staying at the Diamond Palace. We have recommended this hotel to many of our co-workers and friends.

Stay away from this place- the restaurants too

We didn't stay in this hotel- thank god- The Lobby smells horrible. We did eat dinner at the restaurant there- Portobello. It was a huge disappointment. The service was fair, the food nothing special and our food did not come as we had ordered it. Please don't waste your money at this overpriced dump.

Not comfortable

The place was very borderline. The towels and sheets were clean, the bedspread stained. The bathroom floor desperately needed re-placing. The ceiling in the entrance and in the closet also needed work. The patio doors would not lock. We complained and were told they were having problems with all the patio doors but "they had good security".
It was extremely noisy.

It was not a comfortable stay and we would not recommend this hotel.

February, 2005

A two Stars Hotel? No way!

Consider me a Local (not a tourist) that wanted to stay overnight in San Juan after a Friend’s weeding. This hotel has been the worst place I have been. First, there is no parking. They have some type of arrangement with a parking lot at the back of the hotel, but that does not guarantee you a parking place. We arrived at the Hotel, at 10:00 PM and the lot was full! We waited for about 30 mins to get a parking place. Then, we were denied entrance to the hotel from the parking entrance because that’s the “Hotel Casino Entrance” and we were in company of our 3 years old son! No minors allowed at the casino… We had to walk half block to the main entrance with the entire luggage… The rooms are old, small and poorly maintained. We had a room that faced “The Ocean”, or I should say that it had a nice view to the Marriot Hotel Parking Lot and a very, very crowed street. It was hard to sleep with the sound of car horns and police siren’s that lasted until 4:00 am. They have complementary breakfast, but can you call a ham and cheese sandwich with coffee or juice a two star breakfast? Come on, Motel 8 or Day’s Inn has better breakfast!

And… I’m not going to write details on the Toilet nightmare, that was a biohazard experience.

One last word, the Condado area is great and the beach is beautiful, if you can spend a few more dollars on a better hotel, do it. Next time, I will!

Terrible place to stay....noisy, run down and dirty....

We stayed at this hotel for one night before our Carribean cruise left San Juan and for one night when we came back. It is a terrible hotel. It is dirty and very run down. Our friends also stayed in this hotel. Their room had a fold out couch that could not be closed and was left with the frame up in the air. Our balcony doors would not close once you opened them which was a problem due to the extremely noisy band that played until all hours of the night. Also, we got stuck in the elevator when it broke down. Only one of the elevators seemed to work most of the time. We ended up taking the stairs up to our room on about the 11th floor. The stairwell was also dirty with banana peels on the floor. I felt a little scared at this hotel. The only reason I give it two stars is because the hotel staff arranged a ride for us with their accounting manager to the airport when all of the taxis in San Jaun went on strike that day and we had no way to get to the airport. That was very nice and we really appreciated it. We actually paid quite a lot to stay at this hotel for our stopovers and in Canada I would not go near the place let alone pay so much to stay there. We stayed in both towers (the one with the larger rooms on the first night and the smaller room on the second night) and they were equally gross.

Diamond Palace Hotel and CasinoDiamond Palace Hotel and Casino

Diamond Palace Hotel and CasinoDiamond Palace Hotel and Casino

Diamond Palace Hotel and Casino Restaurant/CondadoDiamond Palace Hotel and Casino Restaurant/Condado

Where to stay for 29 year old Males... 2 nights

by reefshoe

WOW, hotels are a lot. I was looking at hotwire at the intercontinental.. or Howard Johnson for cheaper in the ISLA VERDE area.. We dont like to dance, and not into the club scene. We do like to drink. Any bars around this area. or should we stay IN san Juan... We will be taking a cruise on Sunday and plan to come 2 days early. PLUS side of ISLA verde is the beach.. how about San Juan at night?

RE: Where to stay for 29 year old Males... 2 nights

by Red328i

Howard Johnson is a cheap hotel with very good location. Not an luxurious hotel, but it is clean and comfortable. Isla Verde is a very good choice if you like to walk around and have some drinks. Be sure to go to "Lupis" for a few drinks. Its a Mexican rest with a bar, and some days they have bands playing. You can also take a cab to Old San Juan where there is plenty of good bars (almost every corner). Just be aware that is not very safe to walk the lonely narrow streets late in the night (like every other city). Just use common sense and you will be ok.
For daytime, in Isla Verde, the beach is just across the street. Is a very nice beach filled with locals and turists from all the hotels in the area.
The Condado area is also a very good option. The Diamond Palace Hotel is also a cheap, well located hotel.

Comments