Howard Johnson Centro Cardiovascular San Juan

4th Nivel Ave. Americo Miranda, Centro Medico de Rio Piedras, San Juan, 00935, Caribbean
Orbitz.com Expedia.com HoJo.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about San Juan

Colorful Buildings - Streets of Old San JuanColorful Buildings - Streets of Old San Juan

Escuela de Artes PlasticasEscuela de Artes Plasticas

The Three Flags, Castillo San CristobalThe Three Flags, Castillo San Cristobal

Pigeon ParkPigeon Park

Is it dangerous to travel alone?

by finchfry157

Hi,

I am a 20 year old male. I was planning on going to San Juan for a week by myself. My mom is convinced it is crazy to travel there alone. What do you guys think?

by Beausoleil

Any particular reason she thinks it is crazy? What has she heard and where? Just curious. We have friends who live there and they haven't had any problems.

by ter1413

Been there many times on my own and for work. Never had an issue. Never saw an issue.

by Jefie

I spent a week in San Juan last February and felt as safe there as in any other American city. There's lots to see and do in and around the city, I'm sure you'll enjoy it and I don't think your mom has anything to be worried about. Common sense is all you need!

by blissullyblue

My first trip to San Juan was solo at the age of 25, I had visited St.marteen and decided to take the trip over to San Juan I stayed in Conrad a nice hotel near Plaza de las Americas, this is the biggest mall in Latin America and the Caribbean. I guess I was a little apprehensive but I am accustom to traveling alone I love it. In terms of danger I had none, people were friendly and on many occasions I survived on the generosity of the people. You see I took a cab from the airport and when I got to the hotel to check in I realize i did not have anything passport, credit card nothing I began to panic but the receptionist booked me in and got me a cab to go back to the airport. when i got to my previous cab driver all my documents where in the seat right where I left them and the driver informed me he was just on his way back to my hotel to look for me,so really I had no problems actually I loved the place and have been back 3 times since always by myself.

Travel Tips for San Juan

Internet Access

by cjg1

On Board the cruise ship they have an internet cafe to keep you connected to school, work or loved ones. The cafe has a number of workstations available for use. You can also bring your own laptop and use their WI-FI service. Liz always needs to have internet access since she is in school and brings her homework with her wherever we go.

The internet pricing is $.55 a minute or you can buy a package. We always buy a package. The package rates are: $28 for 60 minutes, $38 for 90 minutes or $55 for 150 minutes.

WI-FI areas of the ship aren't always very good. We seems to have the best connectionin the Schooner Bar. Be aware the connection is very slow and can be frustrating to use.

Walk, walk, walk. I would...

by Gypsystravels

Walk, walk, walk. I would recommend that you park the car at the municipal parking lot located at the 'Paseo de la Princesa'. Wandering around Old San Juan through the old cobblestone streets and the small quaint alleyways.
For more pictures of streets found here in Old San Juan, please visit my travelouge.

CEMENTERIO DE SAN JUAN

by LoriPori

San Juan Cemetery or CEMENTERIO DE SAN JUAN is located between El Morro and the rocky cliffs above the Atlantic and is considered one of the most picturesque of burial grounds. The Cemetery is particularly noted for its elaborate tombstones and the circular, pink-domed neoclassical chapel dedicated to Mary Magdalen.
We had an excellent view of the Cemetery from our cruise ship the "Enchantment of the Seas". The pink-domed chapel is clearly visible.

Cement Power Poles

by grandmaR

Because of hurricanes, the light poles aren't wood - they are made of concrete. I hope this makes them less likely to go down in a high wind because the electric lines all over the place are not really very pretty.

I noticed that the bottoms of the poles were painted in various patterns and I asked Mariam about it. She said that each suburb or town painted their poles in a different pattern. These are yellow on the top and then green

Parque Luis Muñoz Rivera

by Jefie

The Luis Muñoz Rivera park is located in an area called "Punta de Tierra", stretching between the Condado area and Old San Juan. Created in 1929, it is the oldest urban park in all of Puerto Rico. It was named in honour of Puerto Rican poet, journalist and politician Luis Muñoz Rivera (the father of Luis Muñoz Marin), who is to this day remembered for the important role he played in securing political autonomy for Puerto Rico. Since on most days we chose to walk from our hotel located in the Condado area to the historic district, it was very pleasant to walk under the shade of the park's big leafy trees. It was fairly quiet on weekdays, except for when they were hosting an event at the park's huge pavilion. I wouldn't say it's necessarily worth going out of your way to see the park, but if you happen to be walking in the area it's definitely worth checking it out.

Comments