Radisson Ambassador Plaza Hotel And Casino

Dabs's Profile Photo

Priceline yet again-Condado

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 10, 2014

I got the Radisson by bidding on Priceline for a 3 1/2* in San Juan less than a week before traveling. A lot of people fly in the day before their cruise as we do, after the storms and cold of last week it's even more evident that this is a good idea. I bid $100, with taxes it was $120. When we booked and when we checked in we were not advised that there was a $12 resort fee but I figured there would be because of previous stays in San Juan. The Radisson is more of a hotel than a resort but it wasn't really worth fighting over.

Condado beach is a block away, there is a rooftop swimming pool. At check in we were given a coupon for a complimentary drink in the bar and another for $10 off at the casino that was just off the lobby. The bar was a small area with a band, a small dance floor and some seats at the bar and more in a little area with a view of the dance floor.

A taxi was $17 plus $1 per bag from the airport and $15 plus $1 per bag to the Pan American cruise port.

The area around the hotel had a lot of restaurants, souvenir shops, liquor stores and a 24 hour Walgreens where we were able to find some bottles of soda to take on the cruise with us.

Unique Quality: We got room 318 with a king bed, the room was spacious, the view of the neighborhood, not the beach. There was an in room safe and coffee service. Free wifi in room, the speed varied but at times it was painfully slow.

The bathroom was fine, toiletries were shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, everything I needed.

vabchtraveler's Profile Photo

Pleasant Accomodations

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 27, 2009

I've stayed twice at the Radisson, some five years apart; the most recent was February 2009. On both occasions, I found the staff very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and well appointed, (no mold or mildew), the rooftop pool was a great place to lounge and swim, the casino seemed busy but not overly crowded, and there was live music for dancing in the lobby bar area. The location is a short ride from the airport and about a $15 taxi to Old San Juan and the cruise piers. The hotel has an area for luggage storage if you need it pre or post check-in/out. The Condado area has several good restaurants (the staff suggested Yerba Buena and it was wonderful!) and is safe for strolling and shopping daytime and early evening. I would definitely stay at the Radisson again and recommend it to others. I listed it as average price - what I mean is average for a good hotel in a nice part of town, about $120-$135.

Directions: Condado area - near beach and restaurants

So Awful I left MID Vacation for Another Hotel

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 6, 2009

This hotel was so horrific, I left it MID-VACATION to stay at another hotel. I have decided the nasty staff, gross rooms and unkempt amenities are all tied for what I hated most about this hotel. I love Puerto Rico-and visit several times a year. I will never go back here. You can get more bang for your buck many other hotels in Condado.
There was mold in the shower. The hotel boasts a rooftop pool, yet the signs for the pool, rooftop bar and fitness center all boast hours that are incorrect. We were incredibly disappointed to find that upon entering the pool area, the pool was closed and locked off to guests. When we did attempt to enjoy the pool we found the pool bar wasn't open at all. We had to go back down to the casino to get a beverage. When I called for room service I had to make four separate calls to place an order, once placed it arrived almost an hour later. It was cold and one of the two parts of the order was wrong. I had to call five or six different numbers (concierge, room service, front desk, etc) before I got through to someone to tell them that the order was wrong. No apologies were made for messing up my order, when I asked to send it back they said that I should leave it outside. I asked to have something else brought and they said the kitchen was closed and I was out of luck. So there I was, over two hours later, now really hungry but unable to helped whatsoever. I asked for it not to be on my bill. The man at the front desk said no problem. We passed by the executive suites the next day to double check that we had not be charged. The woman working assured us that it had been taken off. Upon check out, we found it had not been taken off.

5 Photos of Radisson Ambassador Plaza Hotel And Casino

San Juan Travel Forum

Need advice about San Juan, Puerto Rico? Visit the Travel Forum for San Juan and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest San Juan hotel reviews