San Juan Beach Hotel

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 48% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

Ramada Condado

The rooms are nice and large in this hotel and the location is very convenient but the beach is rocky and not much to write home about. If your main aim is beach time, then this probably isn't the place to stay.

More about San Juan Beach Hotel

San Juan Beach Hotel...without beach!

We were very disapointed when we looked at the "beach" and find out that you can not even swim or go into the water. The hotel was less than fine, not as clean as we wished. The service was very slow and the people at the front desk not very smart....or kindly enough to tell you about tours, places of interest..etc...the only thing: there was a very nice Barman, he was the nicest person we met :)!

Just OK...Wouldn't stay here again.

by TripAdvisor Member Superific

I just spend two nights at the San Juan Beach Hotel. I was looking for a deal, but opted to pay a little more hoping to get a better hotel.

Negatives: 1) I often had to wait at the front desk too long to ask a question 2) No clock in the room (what??) 3) Room smelled weird 4) Window air conditioner was noisy 5) Lots of noise from cars late night.

Positives: 1) Right on bus route (costs 25 cents per ride) 2) Near Walgreens

I guess it was not all that bad, but considering I was paying $50 more a night (compared to the lowest priced hotels) I was expecting a little more.

Very Good Experience

After reading some of the negative reviews, I almost cancelled my reservation. Very glad I didn't.

Yes, the hotel is old (looks like a 50s era building), but it was clean, had a very courteous staff, and was located in the new hot area of Condata. We could walk to all the restaurants, and the night life in the Condata area is active and fun. In addition, the area is very safe; the main street always has lots of people, and frankly I liked the cars crusing the main drag. Reminded me of California in the 50s.

Our room was on the 9th floor with a great ocean view. We could open our windows, so at night you could hear the wave crash on the beach. The last time I had anything like that was at a Mexican resort were I was paying almost $400 per night, not $185 like at the San Juan Beach hotel. We only ate breakfast there, and the buffet was limited. But you could order anything from the menu.

The pool area was in close proxmity to the beach. The seas were too rough to swim on the days we were there, but you could walk a pretty good distance. The pool itself was fine.

After staying at this hotel, I don't know why so many people are negative about it. The employees were far more courteous than the crew we ran into at the upscale Marriott down the street, and the rooms were large and quite comfortable.

Give it a try.

Wow!! theres just tooo many of...

by frir

Wow!! theres just tooo many of not good (great) restaurants. But if you want a taste of the local food you can go to Ajili-Mojili in Condado, if you want steak you can go to Outback Steakhouse in Isla Verde at the Embassy Suites Hotel & Casino, if you want Mexican and an incredible view you can go to Tequila located at El Hotel San Juan & Casino...... At Ajili-Mojili everything but arroz con habichuelas and any kind of meat is always great. At Outback any kind of meat or the rack of lamb with the salad and mashed potatoes. And Tequila you have to try their guacamole they make it at the table, the margaritas are huge but, very expensive :-( but the view is worth it!!!

Not the Best but...

Great Location but:

1) Had to wait over 45 minutes to check in.
2) The room I requested a month in advance was suddenly not available upon my arrival. I had to get a smaller room just to speed up process.
3) No ironing board or iron.
4) They closed off restaraunt for private parties and all guests were excluded. We had to walk and find another restaraunts on nights we didn't feel like leaving the hotel.

Otherwise location was fine and a small public beach area is a block away.

Over priced and dirty...

Stayed 12/11/04. We were supposed to have connecting rooms for my husband and two teenage sons and another room close for my step mother, when we arrived we were told the only rooms for us were on three different floors. There was a party till the wee hours of the morning and then fights in the hall on the floor my husband was on. At breakfast the next morning several police were searching the hotel. This lovely night cost us 350.00! We stayed at he Hilton on the way back from the cruise and I wouldn't recommend that either.

Would stay here again!!!

by TripAdvisor Member esor

My husband and I spent 12/26 to 12/31/04 at this hotel. I was a little nervous about staying here, after reading some of the reviews on this site. But, was HAPPY to find out that the reviews were wrong. We thought the staff and hotel was nice. The staff was friendly, and willing to help in anyway they could. Our room was neat and clean. We did have a little trouble with getting towels, but, once we spoke to management they were very apologetic. The chamber maids don't speak english, I think they thought we were asking for beach towels. The hotel has a pool, which has a nice view of the ocean. The beach is mainly for walking on, but, we did see some people swimming. We liked the location, within walkin distance to a Casino. (Wyndham Condado) A couple doors down from the hotel, just after the Subway Sub Shop, their is a cute little Spanish Rest. where we had great drinks and food. I think that some of the reviews of this hotel are harsh, for the price you can't go wrong. Some people can never be happy. It may not be the Ritz, but, your not paying Ritz prices. It's a cute, clean hotel. I would defintely stay here again.

Short but pleasant stay

On Jan 19, 2005, we arrived around 9pm and check-in was smooth. Room & bathroom was big, no hair dryer, but I brought my own. Only towels provided were 2 small hand towels, but we requested bath towels and had them within an hour. Didn't use the pool, but it looked fine. No jacuzzi. Ice machine on our floor had been removed, but we used the one on the next floor down with no problem. Also had to valet park there for the night, which was $12. Had a drink in the bar--$6 for wine, $5 for rum & cranberry/orange. The room rate was $198 per night, but we stayed free since we won this trip in a sweepstakes. Nice comfortable bed with good mattress! Had breakfast there the next morning--continental buffet was around $6, but was all starch: unimpressive white bread, cheap pastries, bagels. We ordered fruit & yogurt off the menu for $5.50, and an American Breakfast for about $11. Food and service were good, and nice view of the ocean. Didn't have time to explore the hotel any further since we were traveling to Aguadilla the next day.

Glad it was only one night

by TripAdvisor Member ab1881

We had two rooms for one night after a cruise in feb. The rooms were not very clean and one room smelled so bad, (like cleaning supplies) that we managed to open the window and had a gale force wind off the ocean that helped with the smell. Only one room had a clock and the bathrooms had rusty towel bars. It worked for one night but I wouldn't want to stay here again. Also there really isn't a beach at the hotel, it's all huge rocks and you are not able to swim in the ocean.

El Convento Hotel, San JuanEl Convento Hotel, San Juan

Inexpensive Transfer from San Juan Airport to Raddison Hotel San Juan and from S J To Atlanta Georgi

by mocraven

Please can anyone advise an inexpensive way of transferring from San Juan Airport to The Radisson in San Juan and from San Juan Sea Port to Atlanta Georgia Airport?

Comments