4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Casino
Booking.com amextravel.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Excellent Location

Excellent experience. Everyone was very helpful and welcoming. We requested a room with oceanview and pool view, we had no problem getting it. The view is totally awesome. Stayed for a week and then a day because our flight was rescheduled. They quickly accomodated us with no problem. Will stay here again when we return to Puerto Rico. Loved the Coquis out front, never saw them but sure heard them. Liked the convenience of Walgreens across the street and Dany's an italian restaurant a couple blocks away. We had our four year old son with us and he loved the shallow pool with the fountains. Rented a car from Charlies across the street, again very convenient and good prices. At least better than Hertz. Parking fees are steep but at least there's a parking. Only downside is that we paid for the resort facility fees and only used the facilities one day. Check your bill before checking out.

Also at peek times if you need the front desk, it's best you go down. They will keep you on hold forever.

Unique Quality: The doormen and bell guys were very polite and helpful. Were very willing to aide us with our navigator. It's hard to get a precise address to el Yunke, Pinones and Fajardo and they did a great job.

Directions: Condado District. Very central to everything

• ChrisRJ's Profile Photo

Not Bad For A Free Night When You're Stranded.

This was a great hotel! However, we had just spent 13 hours in an airport and were still far short of our destination. Plus the room was free as we were officially stranded in Puerto Rico with no luggage, while on our way to St. Barth's.

Nevertheless, here were two weary Englishmen walking into the lobby with hotel vouchers, no luggage and a skinful of beer in our bellys. At the reception the girls behind the counter were very helpful and had big, big smiles. They gave us all the toiletries that we didn't have and set us up in a beach view suite that was very nice.

We walked into the room, said "this is very nice", then realized that we actually didn't have anything but our new toiletries to drop in the room and so turned around and went to the hotel bar downstairs.

We returned to the room at 3am for our 3 hour beauty sleep before we had to stumble back to the airport to continue our desperate journey.

Unique Quality: The hotel bar has a good crowd, often a live band, delivers extremely strong rum drinks and all in all could be a location for the whole night should you choose it.

Although normally a bit pricey I did not see anything in this hotel that would cause me to not recommend it. Plus a morning run on the beach is right outside the door and it is close to Old San Juan for nightlife and restaurants.

• One of the best beds I've ever slept in

I stayed here with a friend for two nights before we boarded a cruise leaving out of the port of San Juan. The hotel was clean and very pretty. For the slot machine addicts, there's a little casino on the main floor. The Italian restaurant is expensive, but the food and service were impeccable. Well worth it. The pools were very nice and being able to look at the ocean and go to the beach right next to the pool was a great treat. I highly recomment this hotel if you should visit San Juan.

Unique Quality: The most memorable thing in this hotel were the beds. They have the latest top of the line beds made for the Marriott chain (as of 2004). I know, my friend who works for them told me. When you lay on top of this bed, you sink right in. I never wanted to get out of bed!

Directions: Beachfront on the Condado District

• sdjaybird's Profile Photo

Marriott's mixed bag

The lobby is nice to look at and the rooms are attractive.The air conditioner did not function at it's best,as our room was warmer than the hallways. The location is fine on Condado beach and has a nice clean beach on your doorstep.The building has some structural repairs that are needed, as large chunks of cement are broken loose and unsightly. Employees are pleasant and helpful. The lobby has live music on weekends which totally expressess the liveness of the Puerto Rican people, although some might be annoyed by the high volume.

Unique Quality: The pool area is made up of two interconnecting pools.The kiddie area is about 1 foot deep making it useless to any adult looking to swim. The other another area is presumably for adults only and is just about 3 1/2 feet deep. This adult area is almost completely occupied with a volleyball court,so not only does the pool not have a decent deep water section. It is usually occupied with volleyball players with no room to just swim or relax without expecting that you are likely to be hit on the head with a volleyball.

Directions: Condado

• fyrwoman's Profile Photo

Condado Beach's greatest hotel

This is a good value in the Condado Beach area of San Juan. There are many restaurants within walking distance as opposed to other places in San Juan. I have stayed there 3 times during my travels to San Juan and would stay there again.

Unique Quality: The place is very nice and the beach is excellent. The pool area is great for adults and kids. There is a pool bar and the atmosphere is family friendly. Ask for a room in the cabana building, better views of the beach and pool.

Directions: Condado Beach

• diver-x's Profile Photo

San Juan Marriott Resort and...

San Juan Marriott Resort and Stellaris Casino

Their cheapest room is about $180/night.

Unique Quality: This hotel is everything you can expect from the Marriot hotel chain. The room was very nicely decorated and I always love a marble bathroom. The bed . . . THE BED! It was easily the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. Sigh. . . In the lobby at night, there is musical entertainment and the casino goes non-stop. The Marriot is on Candado Beach, so no need to bring your beach towel - you can get one at the activity center. Lounge chairs and umbrellas are also available. In addition to the beach, there is a sizable pool with a water slide. Unfortunately, we did not get a chance to try the pool bar or the restaurant on the patio.

Directions: 1309 Ashford Avenue in Candado Centro, downtown San Juan.

• Howilli's Profile Photo

Marriott San Juan Hotel and...

Marriott San Juan Hotel and Casino

Unique Quality: The Marriott has a nice beach area and is within walking distance to many restaurants and a few shops. There are two tennis courts and the area is great for running with a path along Ashford.

More about San Juan Marriott Resort and Stellaris Casino

i had no complaints

by TripAdvisor Member lapochka

We went there 12/5-12/11/03.After reading all the reviews i was not sure which hotel was right b/c all of them had good and bad reviews.
But i looked at bad ones and thought to myself"what is really bad and what can i live with"?. out of all of them my choices were either Hilton or Marriott. Hilton was totally booked b/c it had a convention, so i booked MArriott-Stellaris. I dont have anything bad to say about the hotel. We arrived the day there was a big snow storm in NY(we just got lucky to get out on time). They met us with a smile and a big PR welcome. I booked the cheapest room with a city view, but b/c they could not upgrade us to ocean view(it was booked), they gave us the biggest room in hotel with 2 balconies. (1523)one was overlooking the ocean and the other was to the city. it was a great view, but a bit noisy if u open the balcony, otherwise it was fine. the rooms were clean and well taken care of. The maid came every day on time and did a wonderful job. There is always somth at the hotel lobby at night(concert and all sorts of live music events). The staff was very helpfull in booking trips and making reservations to hetel, and telling us where to go at certain times. The hotel itself is on a main street, it's safe to walk any time as far as Hilton.Breakfast buffet was a bit pricy for us($15pp), so we went to eat at a small place right next to Walgreens(good and cheap). So it all comes down to what u expect and yr experiences elsewhere. Since it was our second vacation after our honeymoon(we went to Sandals-Negril in JAmaica last year), i liked PR better, b/c there is stuff to do and places to go and u are not stuck in one place. My husband and I like a mix of active and passive kinds of vacations. So realized now that all-inclusives are not for us.... So overall, i would recommend this hotel to everyone-Great place to be!!!

Pool at San Juan's Marriott, Puerto RicoPool at San Juan's Marriott, Puerto Rico

San Juan Marriott Resort in the Condado areaSan Juan Marriott Resort in the Condado area

Inexpensive dining in San Juan

by klz123

Hi there,

My husband and I are taking our first trip to San Juan in March and are staying at the Marriott San Juan and Casino. I know the restaurant there is expensive and with our budget, we would like to know where we can go to eat that would be good value for our dollar, but also delicious cuisine. Help!

Thanks

RE: Inexpensive dining in San Juan

by MundoViajero

There are lots and lots of restaurants in your area, and many which are not quite as expensive. I will try to list a few below:

Latin Star-Here you will find more local fare. Though it doesn't look like much from the outside, I have always had a great meal here. It is to the west of the Marriott (go right outside the front door of your hotel) and is just past Walgreens.

Danny's International-A great pizza and calzone joint. It is to the east of the Marriott. They have a very colorful awning over their patio. You can't miss it. A very casual setting.

Piu Bello-Just across the street and down to the left a bit...they make great gelatto and ice cream, but they also have all kinds of specialty sandwiches. Very nice place with a few tables out on the patio. A great setting in the evening.

You will find a host of others, though some of them are much more pricey. You can check out menus as you walk up and down the street.

If you are interested in doing any smaller, more private tours, I have a friend who does so. You can email me at lovnlif_n_thesky@yahoo.com to get his info. I don't want to give the info here, as it might look as an advertisement.

Best of luck!