Sheraton Old San Juan Resort

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Wonderful location and good hotel!

My friends and I stayed here for a night before our cruise. I arrived WAY earlier than they did - around 6am to be precise - and we couldn't check in until the afternoon. So I spent a lot of time in their lobby. I'm happy to say that the lobby is comfy and a good people-watching spot. I spent part of my time looking into the casino which opened at 8am. (Yikes!) It has a couple of restaurants, including one on the ground level right by the casino.

The location is wonderful if your cruise happens to be leaving from one of the ports it's across from. Ours didn't so we had to take a taxi over but the location is also excellent to explore Old San Juan from. This is a beautiful section of the city and one you should not miss.

Since I was playing the waiting the game I interacted with a few of the staff members. They were all very nice and helpful. The breakfast buffet was a little steep at $15. It didn't really have a selection of food that would merrit that price unless you ate several plates of it. And it was too much of traditional American breakfast. I ate there because I didn't know where else to go at 6:30am!

Unique Quality: I was a little concerned about the noisy restaurant in front of the hotel which was going full force by the time we returned to our room to sleep. We were only on the 4th floor and I thought the sound might travel up. I was so happy to be wrong; we didn't hear a thing. The room although very basic in its decor was comfortable and clean. In fact the beds were covered with wonderfully thick comforters which just make you want to sleep extra long.

My only complaint is the sensor on the lights. I woke up to use the bathroom and the foyer light popped on. One of my friends told me that this same light came on by itself at another point during the night. Either the sensors are way too sensitive or we had a ghost. I'm going with the sensor story...

Directions: Right across from the pier and in the heart of Old San Juan

• dame2's Profile Photo

Great staff, quiet rooms, great location

There are two Sheraton's in San Juan. When you are arriving be sure that you specify that you are staying at the Sheraton in Old Town by the piers.
    I had a great stay. The front desk staff are incredible and wonderful. The rooms were quiet with nice amenities. It also felt very safe.
    The restaurants are very convienent, a hamburger at midnight at Chicago Burger a pancake breakfast in the morning at Flavios. The casino is nothing to be excited about.
    The location is great. However, it is can be a very daunting task to get there. Puerto Rican directions suck!
    The best thing about the hotel is the pool. It over looks where the cruise ships come in.

Unique Quality: Roof top pool over looking the piers. Location, location, location

Directions: Old San Juan. water front by pier 1

• lonestar_philomath's Profile Photo

Best hotels I have stayed at in the Americas

Absolutely one of the best hotels to stay at in San Juan!

Unique Quality: Four o'clock tea with cocktails, champagne, hors d'oeuvre. Concierge was fabulous! Great restaurants.

More about Sheraton Old San Juan Resort

Quite a Luxurious Spot in Old San Juan

by paralee about Sheraton Old San Juan

The Sheraton in Old San Juan is a beautiful hotel on the bay in Old San Juan. Many rooms look over the water to the docks where the cruise ships come in. The rooftop pool is possibly the most beautiful place I've ever spent an afternoon reading a book. We lost a little bit of money in the casino, but it was fun to play the slots for a while. It was a bit pricey, but we were lucky and got a really good deal through a friend, so it was a nice change from the cheaper places we usually stay. Amazing roof-top pool, beautiful rooms, great service, casino for those interested (we also got a $5 credit for the casino upon check-in).

Nice way to start a cruise

by jandris about Wyndham Old San Juan Resort

I probably would not reserve this hotel myself, but Stephanie picked it out, and we went along. We got in early evening and left for the cruise early the next morning, so we unfortunately didn't get the most from our stay. Nevertheless, we had a fine time here. Steph had arranged for there to be champagne and a chocolate dessert in the room, and that was elegant and fun. Both the evening view of the patio and the morning view of the bay were excellent; we were up high, on the seventh floor I think. The band on the patio was quite loud, but then people were celebrating the holidays. The fact that the hotel is so close to Old San Juan gave us an excellent opportunity to explore this area in the early evening hours. We found an outdoor restaurant with a patio and lots of people and had a nice dinner. So, location, location, location. But comfort, too.

Right in the middle of Old San Juan

by PA2AKgirl about Wyndham Old San Juan Hotel and Casino

I stayed here my first night in town for 2 reasons: 1) I didn't know anyplace BUT old San Juan and 2) I found a really great price on their website. The hotel is BEAUTIFUL. My room was okay, it was nothing special, but that's because I didn't pay for anything special. I'm not a 4 star hotel kind of girl--if anything, I prefer tents to hotels if given the choice, but I don't think there's too much in the way of campsites in Old San Juan and I'd be a little skeptical if there was:) Anyway, like I said, it's a great hotel...the people are very nice, it's located next to everything you might want to see in Old San Juan. It has a great rooftop pool and bar that overlooks the water and the whole city:) Everything I've read about it considers it a luxury hotel...perhaps it was.

I need to tell you to look on their own website for deals. I paid $99 a night and someone I talked to much later in the week paid $350 a night for the same kind of room. So, I'll put the price range somewhere in the middle

I really wish I had a picture, but there's lots of them on their own website.

Great hotel at a decent price

by TripAdvisor Member BATravelerBA

We stayed at the Wyndham Old San Juan the night before our cruise departed.

We were delighted with our room, it was large, clean and quiet.

We got a decent hotel rate by booking directly with Wyndham and using our AAA discount.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

This is a great hotel to stay if you want to explore the San Juan area and don't mind being a taxi ride away from a beach.

Don't get a car if you plan to stay in San Juan. Driving is dangerous and parking is next to impossible. This hotel is centrally located and you can visit most of the sites in Old San Juan on foot.

The casino was small, but lively.

Not what we expected

The Wyndham Old San Juan i a good hotel if you want to be in Old San Juan, its not so
great if you want to be by the beach, its about a $32 dollar cab ride back and forth to the
beach, they really charge you if you are a tourist. Its across the street from where the cruise ships dock; casino is small and the rooms were adequate. Rooftop pool was very small and jacuzzi was not adequate at all. The staff was friendly and helpful. Probably would not stay there again if I traveled back to Puerto Rico. Its very close to the Bacardi factory you can catch the ferry for about a dollar and catch a cab when you get off the ferry which is cheaper than paying for the tour

Nice Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Aurora_21

We stayed at the Wyndham Old San Juan the night of May 16, 2004 for one night night before our Southern Carribean cruise on the Golden Princess.

We arrived late (about 10:30 p.m.), after a very long day of traveling (almost 24 hours). I purchased the conceirge leve room online through their website, and check-in and check-out was a breeze. The room was nice, and very clean, the balcony was great, and the staff were very friendly; they weren't quite as friendly in the casino or the lounge. One member of the staff even went to a restuarant to get me something to eat (it was too late to get food at the hotel). The continental breakfast (included in the price of our room) was wonderful.

One note, on our way to the hotel, when we were within a few minutes of the hotel, are taxi driver locked the doors -- apparently he didn't feel overly safe in the area. I don't think we would have ventured outside alone at night, but it looked fine during the day.

For our purposes the hotel was great for the night before the cruise (note the Princess cruise ship pier is not within walking distance of the hotel); but, if I was going to stay in San Juan for more then a couple of days, I would stay in a hotel on the beach instead.

"The Best Location"

by TripAdvisor Member greatscott2

My husband and I stayed at the Wyndham Old San Juan this past January after returning from a caribbean cruise and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were there for 4 nights. We are looking forward to another 3-night stay the first part of December. January was our first trip to Puerto Rico and we came away "just loving it." We did the self-walking tour around the city, the Bacardi Rum Factory, rode one of the nice buses around the city and did a lot of "window shopping" and souvenier shopping. We found that getting around in San Juan is a breeze....either by foot, taxi, or bus and VERY INEXPENSIVE!!!

The Wyndham Old San Juan Hotel was quite nice with a lovely staircase in the lobby overlooking the casino. The rooms themselves could use some improvement in the furniture/bedspread area, but all in all, we found our room quite adequate with a large bathroom and coffeepot which is essential for us coffee-drinkers! Our room did have a small balcony that opened up to view the bay, pier and large cruise ships which was a nice plus. We used the small roof-top swimming pool once and took some nice pictures as the view from the top of the hotel is wonderful.

Food was pretty reasonable downstairs by the casino and they had new pastries each night that we picked up and took to our room after we had played a little in their casino...Breakfast buffet upstairs was good too! Most nights we spent exploring the city and trying new things...There is a restaurant across the street in a small shopping center called "Mofongo" where we had several meals. The service, food, price and decor was excellent. Just a real "colorful" bar and restaurant....After eating several places with local cuisine, we were hungry for some good old mexican food and found a great luncheon spot on our walk around town at Resturant Lupis. The food and margaritas were wonderful! This place has several t.v.'s around the bar and loves the NFL.

We fell in love with Puerto Rico and can't wait to go back this December and check out the beach and other things we missed on our first trip!

Relaxing at the Sheraton Old San JuanRelaxing at the Sheraton Old San Juan

DIRECTIONS

by SPORTSNUT

iS THERE A METROPOL RESTAURANT NEAR THE SHERATON OLD JUAN HOTEL?

Re: DIRECTIONS

by Neptune5013

There isn't any Metropol Rest. near the Sheraton Old San Juan, but there is one in Isla Verde, next to the Cockfighting Ring and down the street from Hotel El San Juan and the Wyndham. The other Metropol is in Hato Rey on Roosevelt Ave.

Re: DIRECTIONS

by Neptune5013

There isn't any Metropol Rest. near the Sheraton Old San Juan, but there is one in Isla Verde, next to the Cockfighting Ring and down the street from Hotel El San Juan and the Hampton Inn. The other Metropol is in Hato Rey on Roosevelt Ave.

Comments