North Shore Rd, PO Box 1374, , 00765, Caribbean

More about Bravo Beach Hotel

Bravo! Indeed!

Wow! Thank you again Thomas and Marietta!! My wife and I were looking to hang out, drink cocktails and experience something more 'bohemian' than the ususal fare. We got way more than we bargained for! Great food, great weather, cool people and memorable vacation. If you're looking for a full service experience, go elsewhere. If you want to read a book on a totally secluded beach with some cold Heiniken's and eat like a king - go to Vieques. I imagine Vieques is what Key West was like when Hemingway was hanging out at Sloppy Joe's.
Bravo is located in the city of Isabela, so it's 'urban'. But we had to close the patio door at night because the ocean was too loud! It's that close. The decor is minimalist, but comfortable. The area is so neat, that you are not likely to be hanging out in your room anyway. The common areas at Bravo are very inviting, so you end up knowing everyone staying in the hotel by the 2nd day.
You have to drive to the beaches, so rent a jeep and go exploring! You're sure to be amazed at the beauty of the island and the scar left by the US military.
A word to the wise - DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING OF VALUE IN YOUR CAR/BLANKET UNATTENDED!! I was told this 3x, but did not heed the advice and got ripped off. We felt very safe despite this inconvenience.
We're already planning our trip next year and we'll be back to Bravo! This time we're bringing our friends!
Thank you again Thomas and Marietta!!

The PERFECT place for an off the path romantic vacation!

My wife and I cannot thank the people at Bravo! enough for making our honeymoon (End of February/March) SPECTACULAR. Its impossible to sum up in a few sentences how PERFECT our honeymoon was, because you have to go to Vieques to understand! My wife and I, are "city folks" by lifestyle, unfortunately, and are in our late 20's. We searched for an eternity to find the perfect spot to get away. We didnt want an all inclusive, typical blah honeymoon, where we would be bothered by other people and hassled. What we have found is a true oasis that we will come back to as often as we can. Bravo! is truly a boutique hotel, with the perfect ammenities for a getaway, but WITHOUT the overpriced junk that you dont need (If you need a phone in your room, youre not on vacation) People visited the hotel throughout our week and asked about the location b/c they were isolated in the "resort" up the street! They envied our balcony, the delicious simple breakfasts every morning, the Foodspace, and the fact that we were in the middle of Isabella Segunda, where you need to be to get to the great restaurants. Thomas, the manager was the kindest, most gracious host, spending every minute of the day making sure our stay was complete. From reservations, to beach recommendations (which are beautiful and with very few people on them), to a simple hello, the staff were the nicest people. The restaurants on the island are AMAZING, and the simple way of life is addicting. When you go (and you should), get a balcony room, take their recommendations for dinner, GO TO THE BIO BAY (you wont regret it) and ask someone about the history of the island. Renee and I are going back as soon as we can. We hate the city now.

Bravo?? That's Hot.

Hot-tastic! I'm def not the type to write a review of anything but...
I'm well-heeled, well-travelled, and unanimously thought of as a "V.H.M."
--Very High Maintenance-- New Yorker (Brooklyn Heights). . .
That said, I had to speak up when I saw a less-than-flattering review of Bravo on this page. (Re that review: Poor thing must've burned herself with a curling iron the morning of that writing...)
Bravo has an improbably conscientious manager, Thomas Martin, who genuinely cared enough to maximize our pleasure quotient AND went well beyond our expectations to steer us to the most optimal experience, both in the hotel and on the island, as possible. The hotel proper and its environs would make even Coleridge think twice of glorifying Xanadu. And Chef Michael's breakfast and lunch fare re-legitimizes the use of the term "gourmet." (All of Seventh Avenue--and beyond--could take a page from his book.) Also, I don't like to leave a place feeling that I didn't know what it was essentially about, and Thomas's attentiveness in that respect was, again, superb... P.S. Is it me or is that hotel a supermagnet for the chicest looking psuedo- expats south of Miami Beach? Hmmm...

Intimate, lovely place for a getaway

My husband and I spent a wonderful 2 nights at Bravo, in room 9, which overlooks the ocean and has a large rooftop terrace. The hotel is intimate, personable, easy--the super-friendly staff anticipate needs such as dinner reservations, and the poolside, make-it-yourself "honor" bar means that you don't have to venture from your oceanside haven. This is a great option for those weary of big anonymous resorts, and yet like their creature comforts. The Frette linens and robes are a nice touch. Breakfast from Chef Michael's Foodspace --imagine a Vieques Dean and Deluca--includes all kinds of fresh baked deliciousness, as well as fresh fruit and coffee. They also sell top quality wine and cheeses-perfect for stocking up for a beach excursion. Highly recommended for couples or families, and reasonably priced.

resort bliss meets B&B ease

by TripAdvisor Member chachanewyork

The ultimate in DIY luxury. If you're one who likes the luxury amenities like frette sheets, fancy products, the ultimate concierge service, all without the attitude, craziness and impersonal feel of a resort, then this is the place. We felt completely at home here as soon as we checked in and met Thomas and Marietta. We were then wisked off to our romantic hideaway(room #9) which overlooked the ocean. Vieques itself is a beautiful island with endless beaches to discover where most of the time, you had the entire beach to yourself. As most beaches were remote in location, it was key to take the picnic basket prepared for us by Chef Michaels. After a long day at the beach, we relaxed by the ocean-side pool watching the sunset drinking our cervezas, very picturesque. Staying at Bravo only made us love Vieques even more and would definitely recommend to anyone!

You must be kidding...

We read the reviews on this site prior to our trip to Vieques. After staying at Bravo! it wasn't clear to me that any of the people who had written the reviews had actually been there. The rundown:

Rooms: The rooms have a modern, minimalist feel, but that fails to accomodate for the fact that they are just small and the beds uncomfortable.

Breakfast: Pretty good. It was catered by the store below the inn and probably the highlight of the experience.

Service: This was bloody awful. We were moved around to 3 different rooms in 4 nights. Although the staff moved our things, they forgot to give us a key so we were locked out until we could drag the manager from a local bar to let us in. Another night the music in the courtyard was left blaring until I climbed up to the speakers and muffled them with some beach towels...

Overall, I recommend putting your $200 per night to a better use.

Bravo for Bravo

Warm weather and even warmer people. We visited Vieques for the first time last weekend and can't wait to visit again. Marietta, Lawrence and Thomas are incredible hosts and we appreciated just the right balance of availbility and privacy. They helped us feel right at home both at the hotel but also getting around on the island. Their suggestions for meals and fun places on the island were right on point.

The hotel has several features that make it stand out. The simple, modern design of the room is refreshing after a long day at the beach. The frette sheets and aveda products are a nice touch. The hotel has several areas that are perfect watching the sunset. And if you want to spend time in your room, they also provide a nice selection of dvds and playstation games. Another fun feature of the hotel is the honor bar.

I will definitely recommend Bravo to anyone planning a visit to Vieques.

Gorgeous rooms and grounds

by TripAdvisor Member sandsage1

After spending a few nights at a lousy vacation rental, we were desperate to escape and incredibly lucky to get two nights in the last available room at Bravo! The rooms are beautifully decorated in modern style. The pool is lush and inviting, surrounded by lovely plantings and comfortable high-end louge furniture. Our favorite part was the honor bar. It's just a great place to invite new friends to for leisurely drinks into the night.

The front desk staff were really helpful and friendly. The only complaint would be that the maid service was a bit difficult to deal with, as if they wanted to clean the room when you wanted to nap, it was hard to get them to come back later.

Chef Michael's gourmet food shop - on the premises but under separate ownership and management - is a really great added bonus. after a few days on vieques you may find yourself going through cheese withdrawal (if you're that kind of person - we are) and chef michael will provide your fix. he picks up a special shipment from boston once a week of specialty goods that are impossible to find elsewhere on the island.

(by the way, the lousy vacation rental is advertised as the breakers: ---------------------- don't go there, the advertising couldn't be farther from the reality)

A Touch of South Beach in Vieques

by TripAdvisor Member DPTChicago

Just returned from Vieques where we spent the night of May 13 a night at the Bravo Hotel.

If you arrive on the Ferry from Fajardo, no need to take a cab if you are reasonably fit and travelling lightly - the hotel is about four blocks from the Ferry port.

The Hotel struck us as being sort of "art deco" with pastel colors and funky minimalist rooms which we enjoyed. However, while technically on the beach, the Hotel is not on a swimming beach. Most of the best sandy swimming beaches are about a twenty minute drive to the other side of the island.

Our hosts, Marietta and Thomas, were eager to please with lots of good recommendations, particularly for dinner at Media Luna which is a cozy little place in town within walking distance of the Hotel. Sadly, though, Chef Michael's Food Space was in the process of having a "going out of business" sale the weekend we were there. It was not clear to us what Hotel management's plans are for the space or for bringing-in another deli, snack shop or restaurant...

BEAUTIFUL and WONDEFUL

This hotel is a travelers dream. With its beautiful decor and small but cozy feel, this hotel is a definate match to the likes of The W Hotels and the Standard Hotel.....It is amazing....I recently stayed there for a one night stay while in Vieques and I did not want to leave. It is just wonderful. Words do this hotel no justice....it is something that needs to be experienced. Thomas, is an amazing host. I definatley recommend this hotel with my highest enthusiasm.

Comments