Esperanza Inn

103 Calle Hucar, (formerly Ted's Apartments), , 00765, Caribbean

More about Esperanza Inn

It really was perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member cindyjay

My sister and I just got back from a wonderful week in Vieques. This was our second trip there. Last year we rented a house but this year we decided we wanted something closer to the restaurants.
We LOVED the Esperanza Inn. It exceeded our expectations by far! Lisa and J were so helpful with things like car rentals and restaurants. They made us feel so comfortable and welcome. We had a one bedroom apartment on the second floor with a huge balcony. It was fun just sitting there and watching the world go by. It was great because it was just off the main street so it wasn't too busy with traffic, but there was always something entertaining happening! And the bakery/pizza joint (great pastries!) is just around the corner. The king size bed had the best mattress I've ever slept on. The kitchen had everything you needed. The shower had tons of hot water!
We did NOT want to leave! The island is beautiful and so are the people.

Clean, Comfortable and affordable

by TripAdvisor Member captrbh

Got back from Vieques a few weeks ago. Great Getaway place. Stayed at the Esperanza Inn and were very pleased with the accommodations. Not fancy, but clean, comfortable and had everything needed for a great low key stay on a sleepy tropical island. Great location also. We were about a 3 minute walk to "downtown" Esperanza and the Malecon. Looking forward to going back, but next time will plan my trip around the dark of the moon. Went to the Bio-luminescent bay on a full moon and it was incredible, I can only imagine what it would be like on a moonless night!! This is an incredible island for anyone that likes great beaches and crystal clear water.

amazing place to stay!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member marie9chicago

My fiance and i recently went to Vieques puerto rico for our first time and we stayed at 'Esperanza inn' where there is a lovely couple J and Lisa ferguson that run the Inn and they were very helpful with every thing we needed from rental cars, restaurants, shopping and activities... very enjoyable!!! the accommodation's were impeccable as well.

also we enjoyed it so much that we are planning to have our wedding there i could not think of a more comfortable, relaxing place to bring people together where every one will be pleased.
it truly is a 'little paradise' a must see......

My most enjoyable and relaxing holiday in years!

by TripAdvisor Member Rob-Brunswick

My partner and I stayed at the Esperanza Inn in October and have already booked for the same time next year. We’d stayed there several years ago, and I can safely say the new owners have made a good accommodation into a Great Inn! Thanks to Lisa and J for their prompt attention to our requests – some of which, although I’m no Hyacinth Bucket, may seem petty to some – and always with a smile. I’ve directed to the inn’s Web site several of my friends who always stay in San Juan but are looking for a change to something more relaxing and a bit off the beaten path.

Adorable, affordable and unforgettable!

by TripAdvisor Member KeyWester43

Absolutely, hands down, the most helpful and accommodating innkeepers I've ever encountered! Our apartment was adorable, clean, affordable, well-stocked and completely comfortable. The Inn is just a block from the "main drag" of this tiny little village and it's 4-block long main street....around the corner from shops and restaurants, down the block from the best coffee and homemade doughnuts. Morning coffee is best enjoyed on the rooftop of the Inn....and you'll also want to come back up for a cocktail at sunset.
The beaches in Vieques are amazing...the owner gave us her personal beach guide so we could find our way around to the very best ones. I guess September is a quiet time on this island, because we were usually the only people at our personal beaches. J and Lisa, the owners, hooked us up with a local guide for horseback riding through the mountains at dusk and on the beach after the moon cameup over the ocean....OMG it was so beautiful and romantic. We even finished our ride by galloping down Main Street at 10pm! It was perfect!
We rented a Jeep - the only way to explore the jungle trails and mountain paths. GO TO THE BIOLUMINESCENT BAY. Don't wear mosquito repellant so you can swim - it's other-worldly...and the guide that they set up for us at The Esperanza Inn was the most wonderful "kid" who grew up there and really shared his love for his island home. And make sure to go fishing with "J", the owner of the Inn. We visited the cemetary, on a hill overlooking the ocean - what a tranquil spot...all in all this was the most peaceful and relaxing vacation I've had in a long time...due in no small part to the efforts of the owners of this sweet place. We'll be back!

Esperanza Inn-My #1 guesthouse in Vieques

by TripAdvisor Member N0rcali

My Boyfriend and I just got back from Puerto Rico, it was our 3rd trip but only our 2nd trip to Vieques. We stayed at the Esperanza Inn, which was Ted's last year and the difference was like night and day! Lisa and J have worked very hard to improve it and it does show! It is now a cheery, clean and very comfortable Inn that is very family friendly with kitchenettes in most, if not all, rooms. They have an area on the top for BBQ's with tables and chairs and a hammock, as well as equipment you can use for a day at the beach, including lawn chairs, snorkel gear and ice chests. They are very accommodating and genuinely good people to get acquainted with. Their prices are very reasonable and it is close to the Malecon which makes it very convenient for arranging trips to the Bio-Bay. All in all, it was a great place to stay and the next time we go, we will be staying there again.

Quaint, Relaxed and Close to everything beautiful

by TripAdvisor Member JeanJeanieChicago

My Boyfriend and I have nothing but splendid things to say about Esperanza Inn. The owners were more than happy to accommodate and recommend plenty of activities and places to explore. Our room was clean and decorated true to the Caribbean vibe. We really appreciated the roof top access with picnic chairs and a grill. It was the laid back atmosphere we were looking for. Thanks for the memories! PS/ Esperanza Inn pays attention to details and provides extra items like beach towels in your room, snorkel equipment, rafts, umbrellas, etc all free to use while you stay there.

Construction Noise only drawback

by TripAdvisor Member Dory

We just returned from a week at the Esperanza Inn and found Lisa, J and all staff to be friendly and helpful. The rooms are basic but comfortable and overall this is a good value. Unfortunately, improvements involve construction and that means a lot of noise. Our last few days were less than ideal due to the sound of jack hammers at 7:00 am - a bit early for folks on vacation. They are adding on more rooms and were digging for a swimming pool. The location is very good and convenient. We found ourselves wishing for more comfortable couches or chairs in the living room of the 2 bedroom apartment - the futon did not make a good couch. It is obvious that the owners are trying hard to improve the property, but I will check on the status of construction projects before I book here again.

Great staff, great price, great rooms

by TripAdvisor Member Kayjay0608

My husband and I took a random trip to Puerto Rico because we wanted to go to the beach. We looked up hotels before we left but did not decide on anything because we decided to "wing it." The first night we stayed in Trade Winds Guest House and Restaurant. It was fine, just a little noisy with the pots and pans and drunk people coming back late at night. The last two nights we were there we stayed at Esperanza Inn. The only room available was the casita, a cute little hut away from the inn itself. It had just been redone and it was beautiful. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. You get breakfast, which saves you some money, and the Inn is close enough to everything that you don't have to walk too far and far away enough so that you can get some real sleep. The island itself is beautiful and the people friendly.

Great place to stay in Esperanza

by TripAdvisor Member BrisaCa

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Esperanza Inn and loved it. The two bedroom + kitchen apartment was very comfortable with all the needed amenities. They were building a pool while we were there. It was quiet, centrally located and a great bargain. If you get a one bedroom without kitchen, you can use their central kitchen, which was spacious, clean and fully equipped.

Comments