Saint Kitts and Nevis Hotels

Our Members Say

• Pieter11 profile photo Pieter11
  • Reviews: 1236

Couchsurfing: Couchsurfing

Ever heard of the website www.couchsurfing.com? I'm a member of this online-community since a few years now and I love it! Couchsurfing is a network of people from all over the world (more then 1.000.000 already!) who offer a free place to sleep to other members. The principle: you spend a night for free at my place and if I ever get in your neighbourhood I can spend a night at yours.

One of the two advantages of "CS" is the fact that your stay is for free. Of course it's nice to buy a small present for your host, but it's very different from a 80+ euro hotel. The biggest advantage though is the fact that you'll get in contact with the local people. They'll let you into their houses and into their lives and offer you a great insight in the local culture.

On Saint Kitts and Nevis there are quite a lot of Couchsurfers offering a couch, mostly American students staying there. If you're going there why not sign-up and try it out one time? I had a great time with my hosts: going out together, grabbing a pizza, making a tour around the island together... Very nice! :)

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written May 11, 2009

My CS-hosts on Saint-Kitts

• Pieter11 profile photo Pieter11
  • Reviews: 1236

Seaview Inn: Seaview Inn

Right in the centre of Basseterre, the capital of Saint Kitts, there is a nice, and not too expensive place to sleep: the Seaview Inn. From some rooms, and from the lobby you indeed have a seaview, but not from the majority of the rooms. However, the rooms are nice and good value for money.

For 55 US Dollars per night you have a rooms with a (very small) bathroom, cable TV, a small fridge and a double bed. All very decent but simply furnished. Outside, in the lobby, you can order simple meals and you can grab a beer at the bar, served by the sweet daughter of the owner. The owner himself is an old, quite grumpy old man, who can be very nice as well when you need some help.

Special thing: I didn't actually sleep in this guesthouse. I spend some time in the room, had a beer in the lobby, and then I got a phonecall from my Couchsurfing-address that I was welcome to stay at their place. I discussed this with the owner, got back most of my money and left with a big Thank You. It's a very nice place!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written May 11, 2009

Seaview Inn in Basseterre

• Jwoiv profile photo Jwoiv
  • Reviews: 17

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Marriott: Buyer Beware

I just spent 5 days at this HUGE hotel. The rooms are at a very high standard, but the restarants were generally just satisfactory with a staff that was not overly friendly. The prices are high so be prepared to spend over $100.00 for two for all dinners and more if you add drinks. If I had it to do over I may have chosen a few fewer days at the 4 Seasons in Nevis for the same money or located at the Frigate bay or Timonty Beach hotels at half the cost.

There is a casino here so if that is what you want, then the hotel is fine, but I felt I spent over $500.00 a day here for lodging and meals and did not feel the level of service was worth it.

• Related to: Family Travel, Casino and Gambling, Golf
  • Written November 27, 2007

• aussiecouple profile photo aussiecouple
  • Reviews: 5

Marriott St Kitts: A delightful Oasis on the Atlantic side of St Kitt

We stayed 3 nights in a deluxe room. Don't be put off by other reviews which desribe this as an American cruise ship - it is not. It is a modern, well- equipped Saint Kittts hotel with delightful Saint Kitian staff who are both friendly and helpful - we were greeted on arrival with a cooling fruit punch and gained immediate access to our room, well before the defined check-in time. Superb, well-laid out facilities. Easy access to a clean beach. We were always greeted by smiling faces throughout the hotel. A small problem in the Calypso restaurant when our food arrived at the outside tables without cutlery - we had to make 3 requests over a 20 minute period for cutlery to be given to us and when it finally arrived - our food had gone cold. Breakfast buffet was superb - omelets and waffles made to order.

The open-air layout of the main building provided a cool refuge from the heat of the day.

• Written May 22, 2007

Foyer at night

• Abeyna profile photo Abeyna
  • Reviews: 29

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bird Rock Hotel: Not far from town

This place was listed on the tourist map of St Kitts I had on my weekend visit. Quite useful as I had hired a car and blindly went searching for my friend who was staying in St Kitts (but didn't know where). After a fruitless drive in some area called Mattingly Heights, I called up the Bird Rock Hotel.

The stay was quite pleasant.. it was for one night, had a fairly nice view from the room, and that night had a special buffet with plenty of delicious caribbean dishes.. I can't remember the reason for the event (was in April 2006), but they also had a steel band trio to serenade while you ate. Room was air conditioned with ensuite bathroom and a large kingsize bed plus remote controlled tv. It was a quiet night for me as the stay was unplanned, but I'm sure had you stayed there for a week you could have explored the beach bar down some steps near the hotel. Name of which I've forgotten, but it had a lovely secluded bay.

Pink buildings!

• Related to: Women's Travel, Singles, Road Trip
  • Written February 23, 2007
Tip Photo

View of the sunset from my room

• extex profile photo extex
  • Reviews: 3

Marriott Casino Resort: Casino Hotel in St. Kitts

The Marriott Casino Resort in St. Kitts is a beautiful hotel with grand accomodations, located on a beautiful stretch of oceanfront property. Our room was very large and clean. Our bed was a king and comfortable. The room was cool. Ocean views are exceptional, land views are still scenic and nice. Some in our group didn't like being tucked in a corner with no view, but were quickly moved when asked. One member in our group was checked into a room that wasn't cleaned after the previous occupant checked out. But, that was taken care of and the rest of the stay was spotless!

Service was excellent, as it was all over this island known for it's great hospitality. There was not one native that didn't greet us with a smile and a willingness to make us happy. The food was good all over the island, as well. The only thing we would like to see The Marriott improve on, is the amount of food served on a breakfast plate, when ordered off the menu....or lower the price. The buffet was plentiful, but nothing extraordinary and cost $18.00 including coffee and juice. A smaller and typical "2 eggs, bacon, toast" breakfast was $14.00, coffee and juice extra. So, go with the buffet!

The casino was great. Plenty of tables, good games and friendly staff. The golf course was utilized by many in our group, but I don't have any feedback on it. Overall, the look and feel of the entire facility was tops.

You can board a ferry and visit Nevis to shop, but they are closed on Sunday, so keep that in mind. We were there for 3 full days and spent little time at the pool/ocean. Instead, we toured the island, walked the rainforest, and generally got to know the island and it's people. There are only 3-4 different things to do in St Kitts. If you aren't into hiking and scuba diving, etc.....there is no shopping......you'll be spending your days at the beautiful beach/pool and casino. If you aren't into gambling or laying in the sun, this isn't the island for you. It is small, has no shopping, great food...but that 's it. The beauty is in the ocean and the very friendly, laid back people.

• Related to: Beaches, Jungle and Rain Forest, Spa and Resort
  • Written February 23, 2006
Tip Photo

View from rooms looking out back of hotel

• Dougy profile photo Dougy
  • Reviews: 35

Timoth Beach Restort: Laid Back Hotel/Apartments

I has a great time at the Timothy Beach Resort. Its a small hotel that has a range of accomodation from rooms up to a two bed room town house apartment. I stayed in a large studio suite that had one large room with a king size bed a sofa, soft chairs and a dining area. There was a seperate kitchen and wc/shower room. There was also a large patio terrace. The hotel is set at right angles to the beach. There is also a pool.
The hotel has a cafe that serves food all day and on the beach there are a few bars that serve drinks an dlocal food.

The resort is well looked after and the staff are all very helpful and friendly.

• Written December 19, 2005

Timothy Beach Resort Rooms

• 1smartblonde profile photo 1smartblonde
  • Reviews: 24

Coral Reef Villa: Beautiful Private House near the Beach

This villa had EVERYTHING you could ask for. Just staying here is a highlight to your vacation. The villa is extremely well care for and includes a gardener, maid service and twice weekly pool service. The one level design layout is perfect with the bedrooms on either side of the living areas! The bathrooms that are connected to each bedroom, each have a unique oversized tiled shower. There are exquisite mahogany ceilings, shutters, doors, cabinets, and furniture throughout the house. The kitchen has ample room for a few cooks and has top-of-the line stainless steel appliances including the washer and dryer in the separate laundry room. The unsurpassed optimum space in the villa has to be the screened in veranda! The veranda is as big as the indoor house footprint with an eating area as well as 2 additional seating/lounging areas each outfitted with a ceiling fan. It over looks the pool, garden and has an ocean view. I loved the fact that the bedrooms had a set of french doors (that I never closed) leading to this open space.

The only drawback is the lack of AC. However, multiple ceiling fans are in every area of the house. Additionally, a constant sea breeze goes through as ALL the windows are opened and screened in with mahogany louvers that close. I can say there was one humid day during our week's stay that I missed AC.

The surrounding gardens give you absolute privacy and a feeling of total isolation, while allowing views of the ocean. One of the things that worry me being near the rainforest was having an insect/mosquito problem to deal with constantly in the pool and house. I thought we would be spending our time cleaning out the dead bugs every morning in the pool. For whatever reason there was never an insect to be found floating in the pool except for an occasional honeybee from the garden. The only crawling things I saw were the shy green lizards in the garden (sometime on the screens) and the hermit crab I found making his way across the tile in the veranda.

The villa had the oceanview on the “front” side and the rainforest and a cloud capped Mt Nevis to the “back”. Great photo opps!
The pool area is gorgeous. Located just outside of the veranda it is surrounded by numerous flowering shrubs and palms. The flowers that blew off the shrubs landed in the pool and floated on top adding to the illusion of paradise. Privacy, crystal clear water and plenty of lounge chairs for everyone! Having our own private pool available to us any time of the day/night was very accommodating.

On Sunday the local bar (I believe it was Seth Up) that was down the next road over had a local band that played from about 1:00 pm till 10:00 pm. We had “Jammin’” entertainment while out in the pool all afternoon and after we came back from dinner that evening.

The gardens also had fresh produce growing including papaya, coconut, and avocado. The native flowers attracted numerous humming birds and very chirpy little yellow birds that I have yet to identify.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Beaches, Eco-Tourism
  • Written September 29, 2005

• JoeNYC profile photo JoeNYC
  • Reviews: 17

Marriot Resort and Royal Casino: Island's Best Option

The Marriot on St. Kitts is now easily the most popular hotel. It offers everything a resort in the Carribean should except for some good water sports right there (you don't have to go far for it though). The casino is pretty quiet but what can you expect. The health club is really good for early morning workouts. Of course many things are expensive as can be expected, but $5 for USA Today faximile? Please, they need to come down to earth for some pricing. However, it's a beautiful, clean and fun place.

• Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written June 24, 2005

• bryanhaynes profile photo bryanhaynes
  • Reviews: 11

Four Seasons Hotel: Best Hotel on Nevis

Nice hotel. It is a Four Seasons of course. Accomodations were very nice. Very comfortable. It is the only place to stay on Nevis if you ask me, though there is another place that we were told Princess Diana used to stay in. Beware the phone charges. But otherwise it was a nice Four Seasons quality hotel.

Very nice beach, though I did think that the ocean got too deep too quick in that location. Hotel is on the leeward side of island, but there is still a good breeze at this location. Very nice golf course attached to the hotel, though I did not take the opportunity to play.

• Written February 12, 2005

Beach in front of Four Seasons

• bryanhaynes profile photo bryanhaynes
  • Reviews: 11

Ottley's Plantation Inn: Best Inn on St. Kitts

The Inn was wonderful. We were met at the airport by a taxi service sent to pick us up. Upon arrival we had a quick check in and then went to our room where they had fruits, breads and a local bottled drink waiting for us. Very friendly staff that stayed out of the way. The Inn is on an old suger cane plantation and a part of the suger mill now has the pool in it. The rooms are roomy, open and airy. Bathroom was clean and relatively updated. The Inn is located on the windward side of the island (I believe) and we had a constant breeze flowing through our room (we kept the windows open) and my recollection that there was no air conditioning, though none was needed either.

Great pool. Looks bigger than it is, but it is set in what used to be part of the suger mill. Dinner down by the pool was very good.

• Written February 12, 2005

Ottley's Plantation Inn

• HPM1984 profile photo HPM1984
  • Reviews: 2

Nesbitt Plantation: Beautiful, Serene Nevis Resort

Nesbitt Plantation offers nothing to do & you will be glad of it. Wonderful ocean views (Atlantic) down the Palm Tree lined "green"1
Excellent Meals!

We stayed on one of the "older" detached cottages "Banyan" rather than one of the newer beach side cottages. Hard wood floors, shuttered windows with breezes. we like the old cottages much better than the new ones on the beach.

Perfect place for a honeymoon or a anniversary. There is NOTHING to do, & you will be glad of it.

Serenityy, beauty and superb service and food describe it!

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Spa and Resort
  • Written August 18, 2004

• kyoub profile photo kyoub
  • Reviews: 2221

Qualie Beach Hotel: Nice beach

Oualie Beach is a small beachfront hotel with only 33 rooms located on a sheltered cove on the Leeward side of Nevis. The hotel is unique in that it has maintained its friendly, informal ambiance while providing the high standard and range of facilities, and services that are normally associated with a large resort.The cottages are scattered along the beach in single and 2-story Gingerbread Cottages, each with a large, cool screened veranda that offers an uninterrupted view of the beach and of St. Kitts over the water.

We paid for the upgrade and was on the top floor with excellent views out over the bay.

• Related to: Beaches, Water Sports, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written June 25, 2004

Qualie beach

• kyoub profile photo kyoub
  • Reviews: 2221

Nesbit Plantation: On the beach

Nisbet Plantation Beach Club is a gracious oceanside resort, built as a sugar plantation in 1778. At the heart of this beautiful property is the original Great House which now serves as the main restaurant. An avenue of palms leads to a quarter-mile-long stretch of white sand beach.

Our guest cottages had a large bedroom, and bath with shower. Plus a screened in porch on the front.
The grounds are beautiful, pool is large,
food is delicious and well presented.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches
  • Written June 25, 2004

Nesbit beach

• Fate3000 profile photo Fate3000
  • Reviews: 13

Frigate Bay hotel: Nicest Hotel on the island

When I first arrived on the island I was put up at this very nice and clean hotel until I could find an apartment. They have a very nice pool and swim up bar, plus it's very close to the beach. I've stayed at all the other hotels while living on the island and the others are not worth what you pay for them.

The restaurant offers very good food.

• Opinion of Price: N/A