Frigate Bay P.O. Box 137, Basseterre, Caribbean

Satisfaction Average

More about Frigate Bay Resort

Nicest Hotel on the island

by Fate3000 about Frigate Bay hotel

When I first arrived on the island I was put up at this very nice and clean hotel until I could find an apartment. They have a very nice pool and swim up bar, plus it's very close to the beach. I've stayed at all the other hotels while living on the island and the others are not worth what you pay for them. The restaurant offers very good food.

Buyer Beware

by Jwoiv about Marriott

I just spent 5 days at this HUGE hotel. The rooms are at a very high standard, but the restarants were generally just satisfactory with a staff that was not overly friendly. The prices are high so be prepared to spend over $100.00 for two for all dinners and more if you add drinks. If I had it to do over I may have chosen a few fewer days at the 4 Seasons in Nevis for the same money or located at the Frigate bay or Timonty Beach hotels at half the cost. There is a casino here so if that is what you want, then the hotel is fine, but I felt I spent over $500.00 a day here for lodging and meals and did not feel the level of service was worth it.

Taxis in St. Kitts

by Stephen-KarenConn

Taxis are readily available and are a very practical way to get around the entire island. The capital city of Basseterre is small enough that it is easy to walk to most parts of the city. Taxis are not metered, so agree on the fare before departure. Here are an example of some rates (US$) from Basseterre:
Frigate Bay (one way): $8.00
South Friars Bay (one way): $12.00
Turtle Bay (one way): $20.00
Brimstone Hill (Round Trip): $32.00
Romney Manor Gardens (Round Trip): $26.00

St. Kitts Night Life

by SKBFAN about South Frigate Bay Beach Bars

If you are looking for a good time while you are in St. Kitts, I suggest you visit the South Frigate Bay strip.

You will find lots of fun beach bars that offer live entertainment, tropical drinks, fresh lobster, karaoke, and water sports.

This is a great place to meet the locals and relax.

www.mrxshiggidyshack.com
www.ziggysbeachbar.com casual

The Strip at Frigate bay

by m1nkey

We were directed to the strip in Frigate bay to find a place for nightlife and dancing. What we found were a string of cabanas to drink and eat and not much else. There are at least a dozen bars and many of them have food. And at each end there is a more permanent structured restaurant. We did not see anything that resembled a dance floor. So if you like to drink a lot and stumble drunk dance then this is the place for you. The beach was beautiful and the views, spectacular. But forus the search for a dance floor continues.

Frigate Bay SouthFrigate Bay South

Places to Visit in St. Kitts

by TravelSooz

Hi:

I'm going to St. Kitts next week, will be staying in the Frigate Bay area, and wondered if anyone had suggestions for interesting places to visit?

How easy is it to take a boat around St. Kitts (and to Nevis)?

Thanks!

Places to Visit in St. Kitts

by Liz_Pereira

Visit Turtle Beach, South Friars Beach, Brimstone Hill Fortress, and Timothy Beach for fun beach bars and friendly locals.

Visit www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com for more information.

TANGO!

by m1nkey

Does anyone know if there is Tango on Saint Kitts? Or perhaps a good salsa place.
We will staying in Saint Kitts for a few months this summer and we would like to dance.

Re: TANGO!

by Odinnthor

I seem to remember a place in Frigate Bay, called Bobsy's Bar, where they have salsa night amongst other things.

I looked, as it has been a while, and I did find it, although it says little about the entertainment. I do know that they did have salsa nights as well as karaoke and such with DJs as well.

Comments