St James Parish, Newcastle, St. Kitts and Nevis, 0

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 49% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Romantic setting

Some of my best memories of our first trip to the Caribbean are of the time we spent at the Nisbet Plantation Beach Club.
    We actually phoned them from the airport in St. Maarten. They did have one cottage unoccupied and offered it to us at a very good price.
    The cottages are sprinkled about the thirty acre grounds, providing guests privacy. Each is furnished with rattan furnishings, bright floral fabrics, and some antiques. Our cottage had a king-size bed, ensuite bathroom with large shower, and a screened front porch with table and chairs.

Unique Quality: The hotel is on a beautiful half-mile long white sand beach.
    It was built on the site of an eighteenth-century sugar plantation.
    The great house has coral stonework, hardwood floors, antique furnishings.
    On the grounds there are tennis courts, beach front restaurant, pools, and a boutique.

More about Nisbet Plantation Beach Club

On the beach

by kyoub about Nesbit Plantation

Nisbet Plantation Beach Club is a gracious oceanside resort, built as a sugar plantation in 1778. At the heart of this beautiful property is the original Great House which now serves as the main restaurant. An avenue of palms leads to a quarter-mile-long stretch of white sand beach. Our guest cottages had a large bedroom, and bath with shower. Plus a screened in porch on the front.
The grounds are beautiful, pool is large,
food is delicious and well presented.

Nisbet Plantation - An Absolute Paradise!

Last month my then fiancé, and I traveled to Nevis to get married. We chose Nisbet Plantation as our place of stay and we are so fortunate to have picked the perfect place! Nisbet Plantation is an absolute dream! The rooms are vibrant and meticulously clean. The staff are all incredible! Everyone I encountered there always went out of their way to make our stay wonderful and they always greeted us by our name. For our arrival and wedding night our room was decorated with flowers, balloons and champagne all complimentary of the managers, Wally and Bev - who are the kindest and friendliest people. The beach there was also amazing - very clean, quiet and calm. We spent most our days swimming or sleeping in the hammocks on the beach just enjoying the beauty. I highly recommend Nisbet Plantation. It's great for couples of all ages and for families as well. Children have places to run and play yet the bungalows are all very private so you definitely have you quiet space plus you are directly on the beach! And I must also comment on the amazing band that plays on Thursday evenings. I never had so much fun dancing!! And the food is just fabulous. I honestly cannot talk more highly about such a great place. We can't wait to return.

We Loved Nisbet Plantation

by TripAdvisor Member cleavetoo

Image vacationing or in our case, honeymooning like the wealthy and famous. Nisbet Plantation has a beautiful stretch of beach, a secluded property, wonderful foods and an amazing staff. This is the kind of place that finds you sitting on your favorite beach chair and a staff member you've never met walks up to you and knows your name. Patterson the Maitre 'd remembers your likes and dislikes at dinner and breakfast and makes sure the staff pays attention to them. Nisbet has the kind of charm that you always hear celebrities talk about, for instance, in eight days of stay, we crossed paths with our room attendant only once. Yet, our room was kept immaculate at all times. When the room attendant heard that my wife was ill, she left a get well card after one of her visits. The managements sees to it that your needs are met personally. All this for prices that the average person can afford. I can't say enough about this gem of the caribbean. Come to Nisbet, stay and enjoy. We did!

Relax on the beach

by kyoub

Relax on the beach at the Nisbet Plantation Beach Club. They have hammocks hung for your enjoyment. They also have little gazebos dotted around for card games, board games, or whatever.

It can't get any better than this!!

If you want to find the true meaning of vacation, go to Nisbet Plantation Beach Club! This resort is the ultimate form of relaxation. The beach, the food, the drink, the rooms, the weather, the staff....it's all wonderful.

The staff is amazing. Just watch at breakfast on your first morning.... when everyone says their "good byes". I couldn't believe how many people had to come down to hug the breakfast staff before they left for the airport. It didn't take long to figure out why. This staff makes you feel so welcome, it's a great way to begin your day. And it doesn't stop with breakfast. All of the staff are wonderful....the most friendly people you will ever meet.

The biggest decision you need to make here is where to sit (pool or beach) and what great festive drink you would like in the afternoon. Tell the bartenders you would like something different and they will invent something for you. If sitting by the pool or on the beach all day is a little too relaxing for you, the front desk staff can arrange for all kinds of activities....kayaking, hiking, golf, island tour w/Marlon, fishing, diving, in room massage, etc. There is plenty to keep you busy.

General Managers, Kathie & Don Johnson are the ultimate hosts. They welcome you as if into their own home. They can be found serving hors d'oeuvre in the Great House before dinner or visiting with guests at the front desk or at lunch on the beach. They are always there with a huge smile and a warm "hello". There genuine warmth and hospitality is what makes Nisbet worth visiting time and time again.

I can't wait to get back there for my next visit....

Wonderful Resort

We stayed at Nisbet Plantation from 21-10-04 to 3-11-04 for our wedding anniversary. We were given a free room upgrade, and the food and service was the best we have experienced in the Caribbean. The Management & staff were so friendly and caring which made our Holiday something special. The Room/Big House/Beach/Gardens were all superb and we would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to do their own thing as and when they wished.
We would not recomend this for families with young children as there is not a lot for them to do ie: no TV in the room. It is a very Adult place to stay meaning the ideal place to relax and recharge your batteries whilst being spoilt to the highest standards.

Do yourself a favour, and try this resort out. Wonderful !

An Oasis of Tranquility

Nisbet Plantation was where we spent our Honeymoon. We wanted to enjoy the beach and be left alone! Unhurried, unspoiled, and uncommon is not a tag line. We are currently planning our return to Nisbet. I would not have been surprised if Mr. Rourke an Tattoo welcomed us to Fantasy Island. As we arrived at the resort, a wonderful woman, Kathie Johnson...the manager, was tending to the flora around the reception house and greeted us by name. Moments later, we were offerred a Rum Punch...Sweet! After our escort showed us our room, we explored our new surroundings and found our way to the beach bar. Again, we were greeted by name, a little creepy...where is Mr. Rourke? The room was AWESOME! Make note that laundry service is provided. The Food was exceptional, but at the dinner meal the choices were limited and sometimes...REGIONAL. We had curried goat...I'll have it again. The natural beauty of Nevis is astonishing. From my perspective, the beach at Nisbet is the only negative about the resort. It is a coral reef protected beach. Swimming/bathing is not easy. I am a self-proclaimed discriminating traveller. I enjoy luxury. By US standards, the resorts falls below the highest rankings. However...it exceeded my Carribean expectations. The island itself offers little as far as nightlife goes. However, if you do venture to Nevis, be certain to have a "Killer Bee" at Sunshines. Its a beachfront bar that has to be experienced...see your local cab driver. By the way...we unfortunately befriended some folks along the way! Dadgummit!

Paradise Found!

by TripAdvisor Member Cat88

As previous (& future) guests at The Reefs in Bermuda, we chose the Nisbet Plantation for a quiet, relaxing get-away in mid May. Knowing the high standards that David Dodwell sets for his properties, we felt we couldn't go wrong. Our week in "paradise" exceeded our expectations!

Everything about this property is first class. The grounds are stunningly beautiful and very well maintained, the food is wonderful (we were glad we chose the meal plan), the accommodations were beautiful and last, but definitely not least, the staff was EXCEPTIONAL!!

We stayed in a Premier Suite, which had been recently redecorated in bold, vibrant colors. It was absolutely lovely! We spoke with a few of the other guests who were more than pleased with the Deluxe Suites and the Superior Rooms. We heard NO complaints about anything! A couple of "uncommon" perks were complimentary laundry service and free postage. We took advantage of both!

One bit of advice when booking is to make sure you're there on a Thursday night. The Manager's Party is incredible and probably the highlight of our stay. If you enjoy fresh seafood, you're going to be in heaven! And, even if you don't, there are plenty of other wonderful choices! There's also live entertainment right on the beach.

From the moment we arrived, we felt as if we were a part of a very special famly. We can't say enough about the staff, from their genuine warmth to their complete professionalism. By the end of your stay (actually, it started the first day!), you'll grow to love them as if they really are your family. A word of caution..........be prepared to shed some tears as you're sharing hugs with the staff before you depart!

There's something almost magical about Nisbet that can't be put into words. We would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an intimate and very special resort!

Tom & Cathy
Mequon, WI

Great rooms, great food, great service-less than average beach

Yes it is relaxing, the evening meal is the best I have had at a resort (and I have travelled a fair bit, including the sister resort of Nisbet, The Reefs, in Bermuda). The service is great, the rooms spacious, and the gardens are well kept.

But I wouldn't go back. Why? Because the beach, while it is quite reasonable looking, is not a good swimming beach. The entry to the water is hampered by stones, and the small area of sand one encounters after this soon gives way to larger area of shallow water which is directly over seagrass, broken up by small deeper areas of sand. Also, there are fairly strong currents and waves there as well, which kick up the seaweed and sand a fair bit.

Another couple we spoke to there had been there two weeks, and didn't go into the water at all, despite spending most of their time in the water on other vacations.

I have been to at least 10 different Caribean or Mexican resorts, and this beach was my least favourite.

As for snorkleling, I am an experience snorkeler, and found it barely worth going out. I went out at least 150 yards, and no coral to speak of, and only a few fish. Visability, since the water is choppy, is fair only.

We took a snorkling trip from the Four Seasons, which took us to St. Kitts for $55 each, and again the snorkling was only fair. Cayman Islands, Bermuda, Aruba, and Barbados has much better snorkling.

As for the rain forest, our two hour guided hike into it only consisted of about 20 mins of actually being in the rain forest, and there were no animals of any sort to see. Save your rain forest treks for Costa Rica.

If this resort had a good beach for swimming, or reasonable snorkling, I would indeed return. You are treated very well by all the staff, and as I said, the food is superb. But for me, travelling thousands of miles and spending thousands of dollars means I am going to have a good beach or good snorkeling or both (as in Cayman Islands). Since Nisbet has neither, I'll pass on the return visit.

Comments