3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Costs about the same, but rated 12% higher than other 3.5 star hotels

More about Bay Gardens Inn

Perfection in Paradise

by masteralan about Bay Gardens INN

As a regular world traveller staying in a wide and varied selection of accommodation, from hotels, to apartments, and this year even a cave hotel for the first time! I had to write about the Bay Gardens INN in St Lucia.

I stayed at the Bay Gardens INN in September 2005 (room 150) and it is just first class in every way.
The hotel is small, (if you like hotels with hundreds of impersonal rooms, lots of people and noise this is not for you) however if you want to relax, chill out, and enjoy a personal service I can recommend this hotel.

From walking into reception, you are greeted like a friend, nothing seems too much trouble, the staff and manager are polite, attentive, and efficient and in one word fantastic.
I have seen so many receptions that it is hard to even get noticed, let alone be looked after, and it makes such a refreshing change to see how professionals do it. You are a person not a room number, and that counts for a great deal when I stay in hotels. They have got it just right.

The rooms are first class, clean, comfortable, air conditioned, well maintained with everything from a fridge, kettle and iron to plenty of hot water and shower gel. So many hotels I visit you have to ask for more hangers, more towels, an ironing board, we have all been there, but this place has it all waiting for you, with complete info on the services, maps, menus etc The pool and gardens are so well maintained and mature, all you need to do is relax.
It is hard to sum up how highly I can recommend this hotel, I am so used to writing poor reviews, where the management clearly do not care, it is so pleasing to praise a hotel, but it is so good that words fail me, all I can say is if you get to St Lucia you must stay at the Bay gardens inn, it is the place to stay and a perfect base to enjoy the many places to visit and enjoy on the island.

Trying to decide between The Village Inn and Bay Gardens Inn

by Karlie85

My husband and I are planning on going at the end of January. We're in our mid-20s, love the beach, swimming, etc. We are planning on doing a couple of day excursions so we won't always be around the hotel. These options seem pretty similar to us, but the difference in price through the company we are booking with is about $300 total. I realize nothing in Rodney Bay is really 'far' from anything else, but is one better than the other in terms of beach during the day and walking around/shopping/restaurants in the evening?

We are leaning towards one but I'd like to see some other opinions.

I appreciate all opinions, however we've done some research and we're only going to choose between these two based on what we've seen and what is available to us.

Thanks :)

by Odinnthor

Well, both places are fairly nice. I wouold likely pick the Bay Gardens Inn. I have been there but not stayed there. I have seen the Village Inn but not up close. Perhaps the guests at the Village are a bit older than the crowd at the Garden.

My favorites are a bit on the expensive site, but I worked as a five star tour director, so am very familiar with the more expensive ones. OK, the Caribbean is my old stomping ground and I have done that, both working on the cruises and hangin' in the islands, - almost all of them.

Now, here is a website that will inform you about all there is to do and see, on St. Lucia, done by a family of enthusiasts, - Scuba Steve, and his lovely wife Shirley. They are technically a scuba diving place, and as such it is great, - but they can do almost anything that you may like to do while in St. Lucia. Take your time to explore their website, it has a lot to review.

I am an island bwoy at heart, and will likely end up right back in the Caribbean.

Have fun.......d:o)

by kwit

Just saw your message. Did you book to go in January in the end. I am due to go Jan 11th and was wondering whether to change my plans in view of the hurricane. What are you guys thinking?

by Karlie85

We're going on January 30 and have no plans to cancel.

place for wedding party dinner

by riven1950

My daughter is getting married 3/15/07 at Sandals Regency. We also have people staying at Almond Bay and Bay Garden Hotel. We are looking for a nice place for a dinner for about 7-8 people the night before the wedding. Something close to all of the above and a nice place to eat. Got any ideas?
Thanks from NC Coast.

RE: place for wedding party dinner

by stewfig

There are a few restaurants:

in Rodney Bay, I love:

'Ku De Ta' - thai food, great ambience and wonderfully decorated

'Cafe Claude' - great for breakfast, lunch or dinner

'Big Chef' - great steak house, casual

If you looking to impress family and friends ... stick to Ku De Ta.

Honeymoon advice!

by 27Carole

Hi,

My fiance and I are trying to decide on the best honeymoon. Has anyone ever stayed at a Sandals Resort in St. Lucia? Also, what's a better honeymoon location--St. Lucia or the U.S. Virgin Islands? What is your opinion on the all-inclusive resorts?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,
Carole

by barbados-paradise

A few weeks ago I searched for a wedding package or honeymoon package in the Caribbean islands.
St Lucia war one of the island they offer a good package in Bay Garden Hotel but I think the Sandals Resort in St. Lucia offer a higher standard.
I was in St. Lucia last year but don’t these hotels. I only heard about it.

Monika

by gcmm

Having been-to saint lucia twice, all i can say is that it is a great place. there are a couple of Sandals in saint lucia now, and they are expensive to stay at. You would love saint lucia, there are many things to do and see.
They have some great tours into the jungle and hot springs. I'm not sure about the all inclusive as being a good deal. my recommendation would be to stay at the Royal Saint Lucian on reduit beach/rodney bay. We have stayed at the rex saint lucian twice and loved it , but do not do the all inclusive section there if that was a choice. It is a basic hotel with basic rooms but has the best beach o the island with out a question.... The royal is right next door and is a top notch hotel,very nice.....And there are many places to eat close by that i would recommend. Rodney bay is close by and the beach is fantastic.
If you would like more info just ask and i will help all i can
greg

by beer234

I LOVE All-Inclusive resorts. They are great because as you always hear, you just put your wallet away and do what you want. If your a drinker its especially a good deal and for myself and my wife it's perfect as I can do all the activities and watersports while she tans and its not like i'm spending all our money. Have you considered Sandals Negril? Excellent honeymoon location in a laid back part of Jamaica. If you'd like to see some pictures I created a pretty good site from my travels there. http://www.sandalspictures.com

Good Luck
John

by vanderlust

I have been to St. Lucia only once and it was for a daytime stop on a cruise ship. I have been to USVI many times both cruising and weekly stays. I am sure that this colours my judgement but I would pick St. John USVI over St. Lucia for a honeymoon experience.

While on St. Lucia we were constantly approached by vendors to the point that we were not able to enjoy the visit until I paid the cab driver/ tour guide to keep the vendors at bay. The island is beautiful and we did enjoy our trip.
St. John on the other hand I find peaceful and hasslefree. 2/3 of the island is National park and you can always find a place (beach/hiking trail/mountain top) to be alone. Another benefit if you are a US citizen is the ease of entry and exit.

Comments