4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Costs 24% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Cotton Bay Village

Cotton Bay

by christy75x

Has anyone stayed at Cotton Bay hotel? We are planning to go there in August and have not been able to find any testimonials about this place on the net. I think this may be because it only re-opened towards the end of 2006.

Any views/impressions will be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Christy

Re: Cotton Bay

by debbie2933

My husband and I stayed there on our honeymoon June 14-19 2005. They had just opened up. This much I can tell you the view is spectacular the staff is warm and friendly. There are a couple of restaurants which we chose not to visit only because we have those types of restaurants in Illinois. The water park is a blast. If your wanting to snorkel the water is way too rough because of being on the Atlantic side of the ocean as opposed to the carribean side. We did get ballsy and rent a car. Remember this is a british Isle. The driving from the right and on the right side was difficult at first but we had alot of laughs over it. We were able to go to things we normally would not have been able to. Oh one more thing if you sign up for any of the activities that they offer you will only be able to go if enough guests sign up. This is why we ended up renting a car. In the off season US summers there arn't as many tourist. We also drove up to castries but i was so sick from the 1.5 winding,twisting turning drive I couldn't do a thing. If you need any more help you may contact me at lemmering@hotmail.com My husband and I would stay here again.

Re: Cotton Bay

by sunloverfrance

I am sorry Debbie, but you are getting confused between different resorts. You cannot have stayed in Cotton Bay in 2005, it wasn't open then.

It is a brand new resort, which partially opened in December 2006. I say partially because they are still completing some of the villas and a second restaurant. The full opening of all of the facilities and accomodation is scheduled for October 2007.

At the moment all of tha apartments around the large swimming pool are open, as are the fitness centre and the beach restaurant.

The resort consists of 1, 2, and 3 bedroom apartments, town houses, and large villas. They are all privately owned, but most of them are in a rental pool.

The whole resort, including the rental pool, is managed by Sunswept Resorts. This is the same company that run Le Sport, Rendezvous, and Jalousie. This gives you an idea of the eventual quality of the resort. It will be a 5 star resort.

I stayed there in December last year. As with any new resort, there are bound to be teething problems. However, these have now largely been rectified, and when the final facilities come on stream and any final problems sorted out it will truly be a fantastic resort. But there is no need to wait until October, as it is operational on a reduced facilities basis now, and prices are being discounted to take account of that.

Comments