4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Costs 74% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Rendezvous Resort

just fab

by bmwz3 about Rendezvous hotel

This was the best time I have ever had, we went for three weeks back in 2002. The atmosphere is so relaxing and the hotel has just everything to keep you entertained. The pool area is heavenly and the service is first class. Pool fab and activities stimulating

all inclusive resort

by vrage about Rendezvous resort

Unlike most tips you could put, I would recommend this resort 100%.
First and foremost I cannot reccomend this resort though if you are traveling as a family because it is not for kids, they advertise it as for lovers, but don't worry it is not cheesy.
we had a "verandah" suite, which had a king bed and a stone porch with lounge chairs and a cocktail table. the staff all seem happy there so it is not unusual for staff or people that you have never met staying to smile and say hi, because they are getting royal treatment. the place is "overstaffed" so there are always people smiling, helping, and sometimes just hanging around and chatting. dinner service is a chair pulled out napkin on your lap and a nice argentinen red or south african white. take a bottle of champagne back to your room if you like -at no cost.

Scuba diving is included as well as tubing hobiecat sailing and windsurfing.

On one note, we went form weekday to weekday, the only thing I did notice was the farm of people coming in from weekend to weekend, were in a bit of confusion and some got ticked off quickly at dinner.
this is because they seated themselves at tables that were dirty rather that waiting a minute for someone to seat them. -so the waitstaff didn't know that they were just seated.

A perfect tropical resort for couples

by jessicadf about Rendezvous Hotel All-Inclusive

Because I'd won this stay via a VT auction, at an incredibly low price, we were worried that we might get a sub-standard room or sub-standard service... you know... when you pay less than 1/4 the list price for something, you worry you might get the short end of the stick? Well -- our fears were completely squashed! Our Verandah Suite was marvelously appointed, private, quiet, air conditioned, clean, comfortable... the staff are incredibly friendly. The food marvelous, drinks delicious and made with quality liquor -- not a hangover in sight. We had such a wonderful time, we decided to get married while there -- and that was taken care of beautifully by the staff as well. Huzzah! Say hi to the bartender named Anderson -- he's a gem! Malabar beach is wonderful, the poolbar is fantastic, the swings are ideal places for watching the perfect sunsets and the food at every meal (and tea) was really delicious. About 80% of the clientelle are from the U.K. Oh, and there are a lot of guests that smoke cigarettes. Ick -- but just get used to it. The staff NEVER smoke.

The Rendezvous and St. Lucia....a truly beautiful island.

by TripAdvisor Member DarleneGainesville

My husband and I spent a glorious week at the Rendezvous Resort in St.
Lucia. The people of St. Lucia are incredibly friendly. We learned so much about their pretty island just by talking to the St. Lucians. They are very proud of their country. The lush resort landscape melded right into the surrounding environment. The open-air dining terrace gave spectacular views of the beach front. The food was absolutely delicious and the variety was overwhelming. The staff were very friendly and accommodating in every way possible. Special recognition to Deano and Frances. Water sports and other activities were plentiful. So much and/or so little to do...whatever you fancy. If you want to be right on the beach, opt for an ocean front suite or room. However, the Veranduh suites are very charming as well, and afford a beautiful view of the grounds. Make sure to bring plenty of sunscreen and reading material because these niceities are at premium cost. Take advantage of the numerous Sunlink tour excursions. We flew to the Grenadines for sailing and snorkling and enjoyed it as much as the Rendezvous. We will definitely revisit the beautiful island of St. Lucia!!

Dancing and cocktails

by jessicadf about Rendezvous Resort

Staying at Rendezvous Resort was such a golden cage... very difficult to make ourselves leave. So it turned out that every night we stayed in the resort. The bartenders were so great, the entertainment they provided was usually fun... or just sipping cocktails on the beach and watching for the perfect conch shell to wash ashore while sipping rum drinks was perfect. As casual as you want to be.

Wonderful honeymoon

My wife and I just came back from a 1 week stay (Jan. 17-24) at the Rendezvous Resort. We had an amazing time! The positives: (1) The size of the resort - this is definitely not the "mega resort" you may be expecting. However, it's size was a definite plus - much more intimate and never crowded; (2) The resort staff - almost without exception, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful; (3) The water activities - hobie cat, waterskiing, windsurfing, tubing, kayaking, etc. - you name it, you could do it. Lots of fun! (4) The rooms - we stayed in a Verandah Suite and it was beautiful. The negatives: (1) The food - although the food wasn't bad by any stretch, I have to list it as a negative because of the lack of variety - the breakfasts were the same every day, the "market vegetables", "vegetables of the day", "fresh vegetables" were always carrots and green beans and the fish was always Dorado. Again, although a negative, the food was definitely better than at other resorts we've visited; (2) Proximity to airport - although the planes did not bother me, I can see how they would bother some people (especially the one that takes off at 630am); (3) Proximity to Castries - this was also a positive because we were able to walk to the Castries market one morning. However, the proximity to the city means you hear quite of few sirens and get quite a few locals on the beach.

Aside from the resort specific comments above, I should also note that St. Lucia is probably one of the most beautiful islands in the Carribean. We definitely recommend renting a car one day to explore the west coast of the island (the taxi from the airport goes up the east coast, which is not as scenic). Also, the St. Lucians are incredibly friendly - I don't think I've ever met a more friendly people anywhere in the world. You never have to worry about being "taken for a ride" by anybody. My wife and I will definitely return to St. Lucia and the Rendezvous resort.

Fantastic and relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member wanderingmariner1

Just spent a week at Rendezvous (23rd - 30th Jan) and have had an excellent time. After reading a few reveiws on here prior to departing for St Lucia i had a few reservations about the holiday but these were totally unfounded.

On arrival at the airport it certainly pays to get yourself towards the front of the queue when going through arrivals as there can be a bit of a wait if you are a little slow off the plane due to the laid back attitude of the customs staff (good sign of things to come though).

Once through arrivals get your luggage and ignore anyone who offers you a trolley as you only have 10 yards to walk after getting through Customs and you are at the meeting point for you mini bus transfer.
This can be a little chaotic but nothing to worry about.

The transfer takes 60 - 90 mins and is quite a mountainous trek but at least you get to see some of the interior of the island during the drive, our driver was especially good with the local knowledge!

We arrived at Rendezvous to find it smaller than we expected but this is another bonus as everything is within easy walking distance from you rooms. We were greeted with a Rum Punch and an ice cold face cloth to cool you down after the transfer.

Due to us booking very late we had a garden view room which looked a bit tired from the outside but once inside it was no worse than some travel lodges we have been in but the difference was that the A/C worked well here!

Our room was literally 20 yards from the smaller of the two pools which was great as we were up early each day so we took advantage of an uninterupted early morning dip. We did try for an upgrade but the resort was full to the rafters, in the end it didn't spoil our visit.

Onto the food! It was great, a good selection each day which changed on a daily basis. If you are slimming there is plenty for you as well.
Trysting Place was lovely and as with the main restaurant the staff are always ready with a refill of water which is a god send due to the heat.

The watersports were fantastic, hobie cats, water ski-ing, kayaking, tubing, pedalos they had the lot, my partner let everyone know she was there during the tubing along with Sarah who we met out there with her husband John, as they screamed their way around the bay!!!!!!

Volleyball with Dino, Alvin and Anna was an additional bonus as it was good to be on such good terms with the staff!

The staff are so friendly it is unbelievable and they are sincere about it too, none of it is false. Dino and Alvin are great and if you are lucky enough they may even keep you in the bar for a session into the small hours of the morning (oh my aching head!!!!)

Go on the Tout Bagay Catamaran trip down the West Coast to Soufriere, Fond Doux Plantation and the Sulphur Springs, this is well worth the money and the crew are great.

All in all this has to be my best holiday yet and i am looking forward to paying Rendezvous another visit very soon.

Best Holiday Ever!

We decided to go to St Lucia for our honeymoon and my husband chose the resort. The picture in the brochure looked nice but didn't really do the resort any justice. The journey to the hotel was over an hour, and although it was a fairly bumpy ride it was great to see the island and several of the villages. When we arrived at the hotel, we taken straight to reception, given a rum punch (fantastic) and then shown to our room. Our room was really clean at attended by Lauretta who was so helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The beach there is really clean with beautiful views. The beach itself isn't private and little busier at weekends, but it was great to see the local children playing games and enjoying THEIR beach. It's a shame that people complain as one couple did when we were there that they didn't want to share the beach. The food was great and plenty of choice, being a vegetarian I was a little worried but I had no problem at all. The staff were fantastic, they all said hello and chatted and we didn't experience any rudeness at all. The entertainment co-ordinators were great and a special mention and thanks to Deano, Pauline and Thallis. The watersports were included and really good fun. We did the scuba introduction course and a special thanks to Ras. All in all it was a fantastic holiday and we will be returning again next year to the Rendezvous!

Really enjoyed our 1 week stay

We stayed a week at the Rendezvous in St. Lucia and had a great time.
Our garden view room was a bit dated and the bathrooms really needed upgrading. Peeking into the other grade rooms they looked much better.
Staff were mostly very nice and attentive, but the guys doing the volleyball were a bit too serious and overly competitive for a bunch of vacationers. Buffet food was excellent and had a good variety with theme nights. Restaurant at the Trysting place was also very good but slow, men must wear collared shirts and trousers. The beach was nice but occasional local would come by on weekdays, and sunday was full of locals playing soccer and swimming. Grounds were always well maintained, and lots of sporting activities to do such as tennis, watersports, archery and golfing all with lessons. In fact, since so few people ever did sports activities we pretty much had our own private lessons for many things. Drinks were also fabulous, including the high quality ones such as brandy and cognac and lots of local rum.
Wines were probably refilled into bottles but that didn't bother us.
Overall a very enjoyable stay especially for those who like to do more than just sit on a beach.

Outstanding, absolutely fantastic !!!

Just returned from a weeks stay at Rendezvous for Christmas. We had the best time ever. We had an oceanfront cottage that was steps away from the beach, sitting on our own porch every day and night listening to the waves was very relaxing and surreal. I would HIGHLY recommend this room, definitely worth it. Staff were very friendly and fun (especially Dino and Alvin), food was very good, Trysting Place restaurant was excellent. Water activities included were outstanding, we learnt how to water ski and it was a lot fun. Instructors were very good. I would recommend the bike tour to Castries to visit the markets. Some things to note so you aren't surprised: Colours of the decor is a bit dated but very comfortable; bathroom in the cottage in need of TLC (tender love and care); the beach is public so you will see some locals (a few times we saw locals horse riding along the beach; locals kids enjoying the beach; locals selling jewellery) Overall this resort is outstanding, the staff really made the difference.

rendezvous resort beachrendezvous resort beach

Dee at Rendezvous LoungeDee at Rendezvous Lounge

St Lucia Honeymoon - which sandals resort is the best?

by Kemar

We'll be going on our honeymoon in late may/early june next year to st lucia

1)Thinking of booking a sandals resort but which is the best for a couple on their honeymoon?

2)What extras can be booked ie rooms/food/room views etc to make it a memorable trip?

3)What would the weather be like at this time of the year?

Thanks guys

by Roadquill

My daughter just got back from her honeymoon in St. Lucia and this is what she responded with "We stayed at the Rendezvous and loved it. It was a small all-inclusive boutique hotel. I've also heard really good things about Windjammer. Rendezvous is in Castries so it is walking distance to the capital city. Windjammer is a little further away from town - so it may be a little quieter and little more secluded"

by Odinnthor

Ahh! Love St. Lucia.

This is what I have recommended for other honeymooners. I will say this first, - a Sandals is a Sandals is a Sandals, they are nice but really generic. (So is Couples, Hedonism, Club Med....)

OK, the Caribbean is my old stomping ground and I have done that, both working on the cruises and hangin' in the islands, - almost all of them.

There are two places to stay that I can personally recommend. The Ti Kaye and the Calabash Cove. I prefer the Ti Kaye as it s a place lovingly put together by a nice family. I have recommended it before to honeymooners, and they were in heaven. Also have recommended it to people looking for anniversary trip. The owners will make the special occasion a memorable one. That you can count on. Tell me what you think, and if you don't think this is for you, we will find others.

Now, here is a website that will inform you about all there is to do and see, on St. Lucia, done by another family of enthusiasts, - Scuba Steve, and his lovely wife Shirley. They are technically a scuba diving place, and as such it is great, - but they can do almost anything that you may like to do while in St. Lucia. Take your time to explore their website, it has a lot to review.

You will not be disappointed with St. Lucia. I am an island bwoy at heart, and will likely end up right back in the Caribbean.

Congratulations to you both.......d:o)

by TravelTheories

I've been to numerous Sandals including all 3 on St. Lucia. Each are very different so it depends what you're looking for. The Grande is the nicest, the Regency is probably the most fun and Halycon is the most peaceful. I have hundreds of pictures and full reviews posted on http://www.traveltheories.com/ Post comments and like on Facebook and I'm sure you'll get the answers you need.

Water?

by louloubelle

This might sound like a strange thing to ask but does anybody know if the Rendezvous Resort all inclusive package includes bottled water? Thanks!

Comments