Ti Kaye Village Resort

Costs 36% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Ti Kaye Village Resort

Fantastic Experience

by Erin09340 about Ti Kaye Village

We spent 4 days here on our honeymoon and had a great time. Our little bungalow was lovely, not super fancy mind you, but charming and comfortable. Ours came with the standard open air shower, hammock on the porch, and a small pool. The staff was nice enough. They didn't bend over backwards for us, as some people have stated. But they were very pleasant. We enjoyed the beach and didn't mind the steps you had to take to get there. AT the time we visited (May 2003) the road to the resort was extremely out of shape. That was kind of a downside. It made it a little bit harder to leave the resort grounds. There is a nice pool and open air restaurant and bar. The resort is located on top of a cliff, so there are great views. The beach is a popular spot for dive trips and party boats from some of the other resorts. But they don't stay that long. There is supposed to be a submerged ship in the bay, but we weren't able to see it since we just snorkeled and didn't dive. Not the most outstanding reefs, but pretty enough.

Nothing at all

by Erin09340

I loved the hammock on our porch at Ti Kaye Village. It was very relaxing to spend an hour swinging in the breeze and staring at the water.

If you want rest and relaxation; TiKaye is the place for you!

by TripAdvisor Member djburt

After looking into traveling to St. Lucia, we originally booked one of the Sandals resorts. But after finding tripadvisor.com and reading the reviews of Sandals and finding TiKaye; we quickly made the decision that TiKaye was for us. We were not disappointed. We communicated with Jeannine and Giselle before we arrived and they made sure all arrangements were made. From the time we landed on UVF until we returned, the continued to meet any need we had! One night at the restaurant, there was no chicken on the menu. When I jokingly inquired about that, I was informed the chef would be happy to prepare some for me.....and he did! All the food was fabulous! But definitely take in the Anse le Raye fish fry on Friday and make sure Jeannine bargains for your lobster. That is just an example of the incredible treatment we received during our stay! Nick coordinated golf and transportation for our husbands, including tee-times and return taxi. The dive operation (Island Divers) had just opened the week before; but you certainly couldn't tell! This is a first class operation and they give very personal service. One day, there were only 2 divers. It was like a personally guided tour through some of the most pristine coral reef we've seen! We can't wait to return and see all the planned improvements at the dive shop as this will quickly become a dive group destination! Special thanks to Jeannine, Verna (great margaritas!), Melinda, Chantal, Jontie (the boat capt, quite entertaining) and especially Terroll and Scuba Steve for a most enjoyable trip! TiKaye Village definitely deserves a return visit. It will be like going back to see old friends! Thanks for such a memorable trip!

Truly a paradise

When you look at Ti Kaye's web site, it looks too good to be true ...
like a paradise. Well, it is a paradise. We just returned from 10 days at Ti Kaye and it is just about perfect. Not only the lush resort itself but this is the best trained, responsive and friendly staff we've ever encountered in a Caribbean resort. They will do everything possible to meet your every need. Jeanine (the general manager) is fantastic and, just like her staff, will help you in any way she can ... and always with a smile. Guaranteed, this is just a maginficently beautiful, extremely well run resort.

Absolutely Fabulous !

by TripAdvisor Member TwoBoomers

Having taken the time to read many reviews of Ti Kaye before we booked, what we can add is minimal as this place is fantastic.

The staff, the accomodations, the food, the location. the ambience, etc., etc., were just perfect.

We stayed for 7 nights in an ocean view/front cottage (it was hard for us to tell the difference). We were completely private (no overview by other cottages at all). The little picture perfect bay and the blue caribbean was our unobstructed view.

If you do not feel or say 'this is it' when you arrive then you must be from another planet. The web site does not do the place full justice.

We rented a 4x4 for the week we were there (we cannot just lie on a beach or by the pool all day, although this place makes you want to do that).

Driving around on St. Lucia is real fun if you apply yourself to it being a part of your island experience. The roads that are paved have multiple hairpins with breathtaking views (keep your eyes on the road and use the horn with gusto). Off the paved roads is like being on safari (hence the need for the 4x4). The locals are pretty good drivers in general, although anyone not used to moving at a decent clip on winding roads might be concerned at first. Ti Kaye will arrange airport transfer and any other transport needs you have if want them.

After a busy day out and about (there is bags to see and do on the island - organized for you or not), it was an absolute joy to the senses and return to ones private cottage, relax a while in the hammock to the sound of the ocean just below you and then step into your private garden shower under the stars, dress for dinner and walk through the gardens, around the gorgeus pool and into the restaurant for that evenings excellent culinary experience put on by the resident chef and his team at Ti Kaye. Good wine list by the way.

Thoughful attention to all matters has been applied at Ti Kaye. Just bring yourself and prepare to have the most restorative vacation possible (whether you are newly weds or celebrating a 50th birthday as we were).

A warning to those of us who will never do the same vacation spot twice - you are about to break that resolution as you will want to come back to Ti Kaye.

incredible week

My son decided to get married in the islands, and chose St. Lucia as his destination, with Ti Kaye Village Resort the location. Being a person that had not taken a vacation for many years, the inconvenience of this was, to say the least, rather difficult to deal with. Our flight from Dallas to San Juan was canceled, we had to scramble to get new ones, and didn't arrive at Ti Kaye until after midnight. Jeanine met us upon our arrival, and set the tone for what I could only describe as the most wonderful next seven days I have ever spent! We sat on the front porch of our cottage, the birds and other forest noises, mingling with the peaceful sound of the waves below melting away the difficulties of the day, and I realized that we had just been wisk away to paradise. The wedding was the most non-traditional, yet most stunning event I have seen. The staff took care of my family and I as if they had known us for ever. The scenery was so beatiful that words cannot describe it, with every day, and every sunset more beautiful than the day before. Jeanine, Teresa, Gisselle, William, and the rest of the staff were so wonderful to us. The food was quite creative, and we looked forward to discovering each evening what the chef had on the menu. I truly miss the quiet walks to and from our cottage where the sounds, the smell of the sea and the peacefullness of the resort swept away the stress and tension, replacing them with a calm that I am not sure I had ever felt before. I miss the islands every day and I can't wait to return. We will come back to the islands and will stay with the wonderful staff at Ti Kaye again.

Concept good - delivery poor

I had done my research, read all the reviews and Ti-Kaye was the place to be - or was it? More than once I read the word "Paradise", well to me Ti-Kaye is Paradise if you are wearing rose tinted glasses. My husband and I arrived at Ti-Kaye after a 19 hour journey, all we wanted was to get to our room and freshen up, but no we were thrown in to the lion's den. Ushered in to the bar for a "complimentary" drink. People were sat around drinking cocktails, relaxed, freshly showered and what they thought of us goodness only knows. Never has a drink been consummed so quickly. Our room was a small cottage, very much 2 star quality. A large bed dominated the room, there was a small dressing area, half bathroom and an outside shower. Clean but functional. On the balcony the regulation hammock and two rocking chairs and a small table. The maid who came in daily was wonderful, and a real credit t the resort. At one point during our stay the sheets that were put on to our bed had holes in them. We were always left more than enough towels.
Outside our window was a security light which stayed on all night and illuminated the room rather too much. Being British we do like morning tea. I would have loved a kettle in our room, any tea I made always had an after taste of coffee and was most unpleasant. The restaurant was average. The staff top class. The food was obviously of a very good quality and the chef imaginative. However sometimes the flavours being added were too many or overpowering. Fish caught from the ocean that day does not need to be so flavoured that the dish is spoilt. I would also like to have seen some vegetarian dishes on the menu and some lighter options. Butter and oil were used in abundance. Service was slow, dinner started at 7 and most evenings menus were not available until 7.15 or later. Order wine early as most evenings we waited more than 30 minutes before we were served our bottle and on one occasion needed to ask 3 times for our wine, then the wrong one was bought.
Breakfasts are average, nothing more. The pool is small, the size you would expect at a large villa but is cleaned most days and is underused probably because of its size. The beach again is small, nothing spectacular however it is great to get to speak to the local people and watch the pleasure boats that come in to the bay. The steps down and back are OK and did not prove difficult. We booked a trip one day through Jeannine, waited on the beach for the boat to collect us which never arrived and when returning to reception were told people had been bussed out and we didn't book. We know we booked, Jeannine had spoken to my husband the previous day about the trip, there was no apology which quite frankly there should have been. On the Friday evening we decided not to attend the Fish Fry and opted for a cocktail before dinner, only to be told they were too busy to make cocktails. A coke sufficed. Our bill at the end of the trip was wrong and upon checking when we got home there was a charge of $35 for the beach bar which we cannot trace. The concept of Ti-Kaye is good but delivery is poor.
Jeannine is scatty to say the least, always running and getting nowhere. Her restaurant staff, housekeeping staff and gardeners are wonderful. However if I owned the resort, I would certainly retrain her and her reception staff on customer delivery and identify my market and stick to it. We wanted a quiet holiday, to be able to read, relax and recharge, we certainly did that. It did seem to me that the resort catered for the American market and this is where they should stay. We spoke to another British couple whilst at the resort and like us they were ready to leave. Plans to go back - no, not in its present state, Ti-Kaye put us off of ever going back to St Lucia. We did find Paradise however, that was when we got home and put the kettle on for a good cup of English Tea. To those who thought this resort was wonderful, look around out there, there are other resorts who certainly deliver then come back and say you still beliver Ti-Kaye is Paradise.

Breathtaking beauty

My husband and I arrived in St. Lucia without our luggage but by the time we arrived to Ti Kaye and Jeannine greeted us warmly and gave us shirts and drinks, we really didn't care. The view from all directions was breathtaking and we went down to the beach before we even looked at our room. The climb up and back is sizable but also beautiful. We were then taken to our room which we found to be just as the pictures show.
We loved the hummingbirds, the frog noises, the in house chameleons, and the outside shower. All of the villas are private and offer a nice view. American Airlines did deliver our luggage the first night but not the bag that had our snorkeling gear. Not to worry Vertle in the dive shop and beach bar got us set up the following morning so that we could snorkle. The good news is that we had put our bathing suits in our carry on. The reef was our main interest and we were very pleased at the on shore accessability and the abundance of sea life. The reef has been damaged some probably due to the excessive cruise ship snorkelers that seem to have little knowlege or respect for the corals. The fish were "friendly," and we saw something different each time out. The dinners each night were creative and fresh. We don't eat red meat or dairy and had no problem with the menu options. The rum cake is the best in the Caribbean and the cocoa tea in the morning is another must try. We live in a resort area and have traveled the Caribbean extensively and Ti Kaye is a gem. I read the review from the UK and would have to say that if you prefer high noon tea to crystal clear water, impecable service, romantic star filled evenings then this is not the place for you. It was for us and we have booked for July. See You !!

A Different Kind of Report on a Wonderful Resort

by TripAdvisor Member Northerngirl1

It took a few moments for my brain to figure things out as my eyes opened in our Ti Kaye villa that first morning. I wasn?t back home in the frozen north. I was staring up at the ceiling fan lazily spinning over our canopied king sized bed draped in white netting. I looked over. Kathy was still sleeping under the soft white coverlet. We had opened the teak shutters and the curtains when we had gone to bed to fully appreciate the million-strong chorus of tree frogs and rain forest critters who were ?shreek-shreeking? us gently to sleep. As a result the early bright Caribbean sunshine was now streaming into the room. As I sat up, I looked through the wide French doors, beyond our private porch, past the banana trees at the aqua marine waters just below our oceanfront cottage. The brightly coloured fishing boats from the local fishing villages were circling in the waters of Anse Cochon below the resort. I could smell the sea air and the damp sweet smell of the flowers outside the window. I was in paradise?.and I hadn?t even got out of bed yet! I swung my feet off the bed, parted the netting, walked towards the French doors ready to emerge into my first day of vacation. And it happened?..splurtzz. I stopped. Beneath my right foot lay the squishy remains of a little (and no longer cute) tree frog that unfortunately had not yet made it back into his day-time hiding place. Yes indeed ? I was on vacation and fully immersed in the sounds and sights of nature in St. Lucia!Ti Kaye Village is a wonderful, classy, laid-back, warm and friendly resort tucked into a sprawling hillside overlooking Anse Cochon on the west coast of St. Lucia. It was everything we expected, and more. The people behind the scenes of this terrific St. Lucian Resort are to be commended for the kind of vacation experience they have created. Ti Kaye has all of the amenities, services and attributes of a first class Caribbean resort, but at the same time, the resort has none of the stuffy formalities or ?muck-a-muck? airs often seen at the luxury hotels. The staff members are terrific, the facilities wonderful, and the restaurant and bar an experience we will long remember.The accommodations are awesome. Each cottage is private, cozy, charming, very pretty, and perfect for a couple that wants a romantic getaway. The room is quite large, with the massive king size poster bed taking center stage. There is a large walk in closet with a safe. The wide expansive porch with a hammock for two, rocking chairs (and for us, the plunge pool) is a great place to kick back with a good book, a Piton beer or a glass of wine, have a short snooze a refreshing dip or some heavy-duty snuggling ? you pick the order of importance! The unique outdoor garden shower is charming and showering in private under the stars or in the sunshine is quite the experience. It was hard to resist a few carefully positioned photos of each other to show the folks back home that the St. Lucians really have perfected the art of bathing. The toiletries are wonderful (especially the citrus body wash that we finally identified as having the scent of a Creamsicle Ice Cream Bar). The staff will ?personalize? your bar fridge by stocking it with whatever you wish. Within a day it was chock full of Piton Beer, Ting (a great local grapefruit beverage), fresh fruit and a bottle of Chablis ? the basics required for kicking back on the porch each afternoon.In the Ti Kaye villas you have the option of using the AC or opening the cottage up to nature. During the day we enjoyed the breezes and perfect temperatures of St. Lucia in February. In the evening, we got into the routine of cooling down the room with the AC during dinner and before bedtime, opening all the shutters, closed up the netting on the bed, and enjoyed the sounds of nature as we slumbered. The evenings it rained were a bonus ? the sound of the rain on the roof and droplets bouncing of the massive banana tree leaves outside our windows puts even the most frenetic high-strung vacationer to sleep. Although there is a strong likelihood that you will have a few nocturnal visitors in the room, no worries - all of the geckos, assorted skittle-critters and those cute little tree frogs are usually gone by the time the sun rises.The best way to give you an idea of what this resort is like is to tell you about a typical day (for us) at Ti Kaye. We awoke early every morning, not wanting to waste a minute of those glorious St. Lucia days in bed (though it is sometimes hard to tear yourself out of that bed!) We would have a relaxing cup of coffee on the porch, read, and watch the morning ritual of the fishing boats in the bay. Each day the long boats circle the bay ready to cast their nets. Each boat has 4 to 5 men, always standing rigidly in a row. At the appropriate time, one fisherman jumps in with a mask, the nets go out and some direction and maneuvers result in the nets being rounded up with the day?s catch. They were always gone by mid morning.At 8:00 a.m. we would head down to the restaurant for breakfast. Even after 10 days, I never grew tired of seeing the smiles of the morning servers, and loading up with fresh coffee, sweet pineapple, and one of the breakfast plates. For me it was usually St. Lucian Breakfast ? eggs, salt-fish cakes (Accras), fried flour cakes, pickled cucumber and toast. The restaurant staff at Ti Kaye are great. Service is definitely on Caribbean time, friendly, responsive, personable, but laid back.After a leisurely breakfast we grabbed the sun tan lotion, snorkel gear, and books and descended the 166 stairs down the cliff to the beach. The Beach! I had been under the impression, from some reviews, that the Anse Cochon beach might be lacking the expected attributes of the perfect Caribbean beach. Psshaw I say. The beach is a pristine expanse of fine clean sand, the color of white and black pepper, surrounded by a perimeter of lush jungle and an assorted array of colorful local beach vendor characters. These fine fellows daily inhabit the beach as the self appointed merchants, coconut gatherers, helpful info guides and beach ambassadors. Sort of like your local Wal-Mart Greeters ? but with arm lengths of beaded necklaces, board shorts and dreadlocks. With names such as J.T., Dr. Feel Good, the beach vendor crew are always there but never really a bother once they know you are guests. I did however have to insist on five occasions to members of the beach gang that I did NOT want to trade my board shorts for another necklace thank-you-very-much. There are beach chairs and umbrellas and the beach bar serves up a great ?Bucket-O-Drinks? on ice plus all the other offerings to keep you happy and refreshed.We would park our keisters under one of the umbrellas for the morning, slather on the sunscreen, settle down with our books and await the start of the show. There were two primary attractions. The first visual extravaganza was under the water. At least once a day, we grabbed the snorkel gear, entered the warm, clear waters of the bay and enjoyed the benefits of the marine reserve along the north shore. It is great snorkeling. The coral reefs and rocks are teeming with fish, coral, plants and marine life. We saw a huge sting ray. Octopus, squid, turtles, and larger fish are also around. You can paddle out to the ship wreck. One of the neatest experiences we had involved an encounter with a massive school of sardines. Late in the day, Kathy and I were puttering around on the south side of the bay when suddenly we were surrounded by thousands of silvery sardines ebbing and flowing in huge synchronized waves of movement. Amazing feeling. The snorkelling areas at the ?doorstep? of Ti Kaye are a great bonus for the resort.And then there was the spectacle ABOVE the water. The attributes of the beach and bay near Ti Kaye are unfortunately also an attraction for other tourists to the island. Each day any number of excursion boats come thundering into the Anse Conchon Bay loaded with cruise boat or resort guests. Though more of a minor annoyance than anything, they sometimes disturbed the peace and sanctity of the bay. By week?s end we knew the routine loudspeaker announcement from the ?Mango Tango? catamaran boat by heart (they could stand to turn the volume down a bit) admonishing the passengers not to stand on the rocks in the marine reserve and not to flush the toilet so there were no ?surprises? in the water. They didn?t follow the first instruction very well (See the ***. See the *** standing on the coral covered rock. See the *** kill the coral.) We hoped they listened better for the latter bit of advice.If anything, watching these boats disgorge heaps of tanned (and burnt) bikini-clad passengers into the surf made for some entertaining and interesting people watching?. (Example - Just HOW teeny-tiny a bikini can you put on a not-so-teeny-tiny tourist? ? apparently very teeny tiny in some cases, but as the not-so-teeny-tiny tourists try to climb the ladder back into the boat ? the teen-tiny bikinis sometimes didn?t stay affixed to the not-so-teeny-tiny butt!) We arranged our snorkel time to avoid the snorkelling, swimming hordes and their too-teeny tiny bikinis.Between 1:00 and 2:00 we would either order Lunch from Verna, the charming Beach Bar attendant or climb ?The Stairs? to the restaurant. ?The Stairs? to the beach are a fixture to be reckoned with! Descending is not a problem. Climbing?.well that?s another story. By the second day Kathy told me to stop ?Trudging?. My response ? ?It?s my Vacation, and I?ll Trudge if I Want To?. The fact that an ice cold Piton Beer and some terrific fresh grilled fish were waiting for me at the top of those stairs was incentive enough, and by week?s end, I was unfazed by the ascent (though I still Trudged?thank you very much).Lunches in the lovely open air restaurant at Ti Kaye are relaxing and very filling. We elected for the full meal plan and enjoyed every penny of it. Although the lunch and breakfast menus are unchanged (except for the soup and catch of the day), the food is nevertheless excellent. A good glass of wine or a cold Piton in the sunshine and it was sublime. Although I?m not ordinarily a beer drinker I was definitely quite taken by this fresh St. Lucian brew and I thus pronounced: ?The Piton Beer Sucketh Not!?.After lunch we retired to the secluded porch of our Villa to swing in the hammock, read, plunge in the Plunge Pool or maybe catch a few winks. From our secluded deck we could pass the hours watching the comings and goings in the bay, let St. Lucia pass us by or check out the inside of our eyelids for a while. Life is good on the porch of your Ti Kaye Villa. We ventured out from the Resort only once for an excellent excursion - the Jungle Biking Tour adjacent to the Anse Chastanet Resort. Although it was not part of the list of tours on the Board at Ti Kaye, all I had to do was ask, and the ever-accommodating staff was able to set it up. After a quick trip (at Grand Prix speeds around hair pin turns) to Marigot Bay (the taxi rides in and out of Ti Kaye are themselves an experience to remember), and a short boat trip to Anse Chastanet?s biking and beach facility, we enjoyed an amazing day biking, touring and hiking through the pristine lush growth of the Mamin sugar plantation. Surprisingly, we did not see this excursion talked about that much on the web and we would recommend it highly. The facility is awesome, and the day includes terrific tour guides, top quality bikes and trails, a great (and mostly untouched) archeological site of the old sugar plantation, a gourmet hot lunch (brought over from the Anse Chastanet resort), and for those who don?t want to bike, access to a lovely private beach and snorkeling facility. The bonus ? you can climb one of the so-called ?biking? trails called Tinker?s Trail (yeah right ? only an extremely gnarly mountain biker with a death wish and the heart capacity of a male gorilla would be able to make it up or down this trail) which provides a spectacular vantage point. After a 20 minute climb with much huffing and puffing (and trudging) we emerged to a glorious panoramic view of the Pitons. Fortunately we brought the camera. If you have a chance, and are in reasonably good physical condition ask the Ti Kaye staff to arrange this tour if you can. The staff will assist in any of the other tours available on the island. Every evening we would join fellow guests between 6:30 and 7:00 for the nightly gathering at the Ti Kaye bar. Joel, William and the other staff members would dole out an astonishing array of bar drinks including the infamous ?Deep Sea Diver?, which one of our fellow guests aptly described as tasting great but looking like a ?Smurf in a Blender?. The nightly get-together is a nice time to relax, swap stories and meet others. We had the good fortune to meet a great gang of nice people, from the US, Sweden and the UK. Although Kathy and I had anticipated squirreling ourselves away for the vacation, the intimate and friendly atmosphere of Ti Kaye, and it?s moderate size was really conducive for meeting others and we met some great people. Dinners each evening at Ti Kaye are an event. Except for Fridays, it is unusual for guests to stray from the resort for dinner. The Chef is a young, talented, energetic fellow and his menu changed nightly with a great variety of offerings. The soups were awesome. His fish dishes tremendous. We had the good fortune to be at Ti Kaye on Valentine?s Day and the menu was impressive. A half-decent wine list, some kicker St. Lucian Coffees and wonderful company made each dinner memorable. Although I am repeating the advice from others on this web site ? do not miss the Anse La Ray seafood night. It?s a chance to enjoy some great home-cooked seafood, visit the local fishing village, meet some of the friendly St. Lucian locals and experience the festive atmosphere of a seaside fishing village on party night. Verna (the beach bar gal) and her family have one of the stalls (No. 31) and her deep fried fish cakes, red snapper and pot fish steamed in foil were excellent. We went twice, and wouldn?t have minded staying a little longer each time. If you?re brave ? try the wicked home brewed Spiced Rum (guaranteed to clear sinuses, remove varnish and clear clogged drains!) available at any number of the vendors. Ask Jeannine to point out the small family bakery down one of the side streets where a lady, dressed in white sells freshly baked rolls and coconut wraps hot out of the wood fired oven. Each night we strolled back to our cottage, opened the shutters, closed the netting and fell into the kind of deep relaxing sleep you get while on vacation in a wonderful place like St. Lucia. When we returned this week to the snow banks, sub-zero temperatures and frozen northern climes of northeastern Ontario, and as the furnace rumbled away, we laid our heads on the pillows and fondly imagined the reeep-reeep of the frogs and the ocean breezes of Ti Kaye outside instead of the howling winds and blowing snow. OUR TIPS ? * Bring a few clothes pins or clips ? the staff tie back the four sections of the mosquito netting each day and the netting won?t necessarily drape properly. Clothes pins will help to close the netting tight around the bed (we improvised with safety pins). * If you like to read in bed at night, some book lights are handy. Although there are lights on the wall above the bed, they will also attract the mosquitoes. * A little flashlight may also make a trip to the bathroom in the dark a little less of an ?adventure? (if not for you then for the sake of the little tree frogs underfoot). * If you plan to enjoy your porch as we did, we brought an IPOD and a small portable speaker ? the music was a nice touch (though keeping volume low so as not to disturb your neighbours is mandatory). * If you plan to snorkel bring your own equipment. The hours that the dive shack are open may not be convenient. * Although some coffee packets are provided if you enjoy morning coffee, bring some ground coffee. Our fellow UK guests also suggested a kettle and some good tea for ardent tea drinkers. Congratulations and many thanks to the staff and management of Ki Kaye. Ti Kaye Village is hands down one of the best Caribbean resorts we have seen. This little gem of a resort made for a memorable vacation. Each villa at Ti Kaye is identified with a letter and a corresponding Creole name. Ours was ?G? or ?Gwiyen? which in the local patois, means ?Grin?. We?ve been home a week and we?re still ?Gwiyening?! What a great resort! Dave & Kathy from Northern Ontario

Tropical Honeymoon

by Erin09340

My sweet, indulgent husband allowed me to pick our honeymoon location. After years of longing to visit the island of the Pitons, I finally got to book our vacation. After much research, I booked us a short stay at the Ti Kaye Village. I wish we could have stayed longer, it was so beautifully situated. Individual bungalows with outdoor showers, four post beds with mosquito netting, ac, a private little pool, a lovely porch with a sea view and a hammock for two. It was terrific. Except there were no actual windows, just blinds, and the frogs at night made such a racket. The hotel itself had a outdoor dining area and bar near the pool. The food was delicious, although there weren't many selections. At most 3 entree options, but they changed nightly. A lot of people have raved about the staff, but we weren't given fantastic or horrible service, just service. No complaints.

"Around the island"

Our honeymoon stay came with a number of excursions. We visited the volcano, Ladera Resort, botanical gardens, Castries, and sailed around the west coast from Ti Kaye south to the Pitons. We did some snorkeling in the bay below the hotel. Not terribly impressive. The Florida Keys have better snorkeling, but it was still interesting.

Bridge Street in CastriesBridge Street in Castries

Ti kaye Village St. Lucia

by staylor43

Has anyone stayed at Ti Kaye Village resort in St. Lucia? Any info on what excursions to take places to eat, etc. are appreciated. Thanks!

TiKaye Village - St. Lucia

by staylor43

My husband and I and two other couples are going to St. Lucia May 2008 and staying at TiKaye village for 7 nights. We are all on the same flight - so would like to save some $$ on airport transportation - suggestions? (The resort does not give any breaks - $130 per couple rates)

Also suggestions about renting a car and making the drive ourselves since there will probably be days we will want to explore the island later in the week.

Things to do - places to eat would also be apprciated. Thanks!

tikaye resort food and drink pricing? leaving tomorrow

by inkart76

anyone familiar with the beer, mixed drink average prices on the resort? or dinners and beachside grill? Just trying to estimate.. leaving in the morning!

Comments