4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 40% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• bblais's Profile Photo

A Simply Elegant Resort in St. Lucia

If you are looking for an elegant resort with spectacular views of the Caribbean and the island, the simply, elegant resort of Windjammer Landing is the place to stay. My husband and I have been coming here for 12 years, and our experience gets better every year.

It is difficult to pinpoint exactly what makes this resort so very special to us. Maybe it is the staff that makes you feel so welcome, that we feel like we are going to our "home-away-from-home", whenever we come here. Maybe it's the superb cuisine, such as the "catch-of-the-day", that my husband orders for lunch almost every day at Jammer's Restaurant on the beach. Or, maybe it is the general air of simple elegance that you find in the mountainside villas overlooking the ocean.

Well, whatever it is that makes Windjammer Landing so special to us, we are very grateful that we get to visit St. Lucia so often, and stay at this resort.

More about Windjammer Landing Beach And Villa Resort

Windjammer Landing was...

by whitneyone

Windjammer Landing was incredible. Only draw back was the location. Cabs cost a lot of money on the island. However if you just want to live slow on the beach and on the water with complimentary water sports right out front, this is a perfect spot. Beautiful.

Windjammer Hotel A dream come true

by bianchis about Windjammer Landing

Northwest of St. Lucia, spectacular ocean views, spacious villa living.
Is located 5 miles from capital city Castries 55 acres of lush landscaping, scented gardens, sparkling pools and waterfalls, covered walkways, pickled wood, and hand-painted tiles

Great getaway resort!

by latinatraveler about Windjammer Landing

The Windjammer Landing is a villa beach resort with beautiful grounds and accommodations. We booked our reservations thru Expedia for a one-bedroom villa. This came with a separate living room, bedroom, fully-equipped kitchen, and balcony. Upon arrival we were informed that Expedia had messed up our reservations and they did not have a room for us. The resort staff was very helpful and found accommodations for us, but only for two nights. They worked diligently to find us an available room for our remaining 2 nights on the island. In the end, the hotel found us a magnificent 3-bedroom/3-bath villa with separate kitchen, dining room, balcony, and plunge pool. After a stressful arrival, the remainder of our trip was memorable.

St Lucia - A mountainous...

by bianchis

St Lucia - A mountainous island of some 240 square miles, relatively unspoiled, mountains, valleys, banana plantations, a bubbling volcano, wild orchids and fishing villages. Located midway between French Martinique and British St. Vincent.
I needed to unwind so I chose all the comforts, peace and quiet and stayed at 'Le Sport' which is the place to enjoy fresh seafood, sip tropical cocktails to the exotic calypso beat, relax indulge yourself and rejuvenate your body with the body care programme included in the package. Another good choice would have been Windjammer Landing built on a hillside with spectacular sceneries. Losing touch with reality. The sound of the steel band, music and the warm trade winds caressing my face.

Diamond In The Rough

We just arrived home from a week at the Windjammer-Landing in beautiful St Lucia. We had a fabulous vacation, and look forward to staying at the Windjammer again in the near future. The service is superb, setting is absolutely beautiful, lush and well-maintained, and each villa is unique and totally charming. The tennis courts are wonderful, great snorkeling and food that will satisfy selective palates! The all-inclusive option is the way to go... no worries and very economical. We enjoyed waterskiing, snorkeling trips, kayaking (all complimentary). Thank you to Christiphie for the gracious welcome. We met many wonderful people from around the world at this "diamond in the rough"! The characteristic of Windjammer-Landing that we most commend is their staff. What happy people. They treated us like royalty.

Passangrahan on St....

by vcourtney

Passangrahan on St. Martin/Sint Maarten. It is right on a small, but nice beach and not too far removed from town, just a block or two. Also very convient for those catching a Windjammer. Just a comfortable walk to the pier. Great food also. Ask for the new wing and you will have A/C and a great look at the S/V Polynesia at anchor at night. Rates were affordable too.

I have recomended this place to my friends

by why_stay_home about Windjammer Landings Villa Resort

I felt at home [in style].Cozy, Airy was the atmosphere in the suite or was that the balcony or the ride in the little go cart up the hill to the suite, the lobby? I suppose all of the above :).
I really loved this place the pools, the private beach, and especially the sundeck above our suite. The suite itself was impeccably clean and so cute. I love Suite's and as suite's go this one was up there in ratings. The service ,the view, the use of the terrain [the suites are nestled by 2's and 3's as little cottages in the nooks of St. Lucia Hillsides with gorgeous views of the beach]

Worst resort experience

by saisays about Windjammer

Do not under any circumstances, book a stay at Windjammer. I have never come across such an absurd disregard for guest service in my extensive global travels and hotel experiences.

The philosophy is 'we train staff to treat guests as they would want to be treated themselves' according to their resort manager who handled my complaint (after making us wait overnight - we practically had to chase him down to get someone to address the issues). Let me be clear - this is a BAD PHILOSOPHY for any resort or hotel to take.

The front desk did not deliver my bags for hours despite constant calls. They lied about being unable to reserve space in their own restaurant. We checked afterwards (after having a terrible dinner at the beach front restaurant they have on the premises) and were told by the restaurant that there was more than enough space for my party of two at 9 p.m. as I had wanted.

The food at the beach cafe is terrible - I am a bad cook but can beat that creole stew and chicken any day.

The decor is tacky, the rooms very, very small, the mosquito population, THRIVING (despite the fact that the next hotel I stayed at had NONE so this is not an island wide problem), the service - well there is no service.

The resort manager, Richard Mark, continues the spate of pushing the blame on someone else and the staff have no pride in their work or service. Genny the manager told us 'well there are good and bad things at every resort.' The response to a service complaint should be 'How can I fix it?' not 'Oops. Let me walk away as soon as I possibly can.'

The result: I checked out a night early, unable to take it. Didn't want to ruin my vacation further. Please don't stay at this miserable place. Worst management I've come across to date
Defensive handling of guest complaints
Inefficient
Lazy staff
Sub-par food
Tacky decor
Lack of follow through

Windjammer Beach. The photo...

by whitneyone

Windjammer Beach. The photo does not do it justice. Believe it or not, none of these pictures do any of the island justice.

Fantastic Time at Windjammer

We just returned from the Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort. Myself and several others who stayed at the Resort (and who have also read the reviews prior to visiting) cannot understand how anyone can give this beautiful resort a negative review. First and foremost, to the gentleman who stated overpriced, and felt that he was qualified to make such a statement living in New York City, where do you eat in New York, Applebee's and TGI Fridays? All of the better restaurants are going to be expensive wherever in the world you travel. As a matter of fact, the beef in St. Lucia is from the United States so sure, the prices are going to be a bit higher. We did not go for the all-inclusive and it worked out better, including eating in some of the upscale restaurants outside the Resort. As far as insects, I would imagine because you traveled in November you would encounter more than average, whereas we went in February (dry season) and had no problems with insects.
However, this is the Caribbean and you're bound to come home with some kind of bug bite. Who cares about the fitness facility as you would have gotten plenty of exercise just by walking up to your villa. And to the poster titled, "Diamond in the Rough", although you gave this place a good review, what's with your title? This place is a "gem". This is the first vacation I was able to relax while not having to worry about my 8 year-old son. I felt completely relax and confident that my son, wherever he wondered, was totally safe. There was something for everyone here. We will definitely be back!!

entrance into windjammer eating areaentrance into windjammer eating area

windjammer eating areawindjammer eating area

outside the windjammer by pool deck 10outside the windjammer by pool deck 10

buses to Castries

by suegoff

We are staying at the Windjammer Landing in November - is it possible to get local buses into Castries?

RE: buses to Castries

by jkurry

Yes there are busses if you walk outside the resort, but just take a taxi from the lobby. it's cheap, especially if you end up sharing with other people going the same way, which will probably be the case if you are going to dinner or the market or something. A few times we've been able to hitch a ride somewhere with an employee of the hotel if you ask. By the way, you'll love it there. We've been many times and have a timeshare in the resort.

Where should honeymooners stay in St. Lucia?

by dizzygoogrl

After doing some research, it's very apparent that St. Lucia is known for it's walk in volcano, rainforests, beaches, and waterfalls. My fiance and I would love to see all of this on our honeymoon. We are considering traveling to St. Lucia but where should we stay? I am concerned about the twisy roads and being too far from the airport but maybe if we rent a car I'll feel better if we're the ones driving! I would still like to stay in an all inclusive place, but if there are other resorts/places to stay near all of the scenic stuff, we're definitely up for that. So out of all the provinces or states or cities, where should we stay?

Re: Where should honeymooners stay in St. Lucia?

by bianchis

We stayed at the The BodyHoliday at LeSPORT All Inclusive and you can see my impressions if you follow the link http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/276c6/#TL

Another hotel Windjammer Landing: Windjammer Hotel A dream come true
Don't worry about the roads they are winding but it is better to travel with a taxi rather than rent a car. The simple reason is that the locals are better at analysing the traffic situation. Also there are deep ditches on the road side and you have to be careful.

St Lucia is really worth visiting it is my favourite island.

A good choice to stay in St. Lucia would be...

by BROOKS

Follow this link: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/7d/a90/

You will see all about the Coco Kreole. You'll never forget it!

-Brooks

Re: Where should honeymooners stay in St. Lucia?

by stewfig

Hey,

I ama St.Lucian who lives in Vermont, USA. Take a look at this new resort, on the beach,

stewfig

Windjammer in February

by jkurry

Taking a family trip in February and looking for recommendations/advice for activities with and without the kids (2 and 4 year olds). We don't like group stuff, so wondering if anyone has had a good experience with a particular guide or company, good non-hotel restaurant, etc.

Thanks.

RE: Windjammer in February

by easterntrekker

Hi we spent three weeks in St Lucia last Feb . You'll love it . Every Friday night in Gros Islet , there is a street party called a "Jump Up" .. you can get a cab there for about $10.00 . It's lots of fun . The neighborhood families get together and cook all kinds of food ...it's sooo good . We had butter fish in foil on the grill . They have little bars set up for drinks and there's music. Adults only though for this.

There are tons of resturants. Spinakers Beach Bar and Grill is fun . It's right on the beach in Rodney Bay. Also for good casual dining there's the Lime . It's on the main street in Rodney Bay
Have fun

RE: RE: Windjammer in February

by lisaandgord

I would suggest doing a day trip with the kids, they would probably be amazed at seeing the waterfall and the volcano.We used Phillip Tours St.Lucia for a private tour, we had an excellent time with Jackson.You might want to check with the hotel for other suggestions about activities for the kids. Hope this helps.

RE: RE: Windjammer in February

by easterntrekker

Thanks fro your help but the trip is off they are getting married loacally after all!!

Thanks