Seaview Avenue, Marigot Bay, Caribbean

More about Inn On The Bay

I want to go back NOW

by TripAdvisor Member JoeinLondon

Another day in paradise, as Normand our cheeful host liked to say (he's right). On top of the bay with fabulous views, cooling breezes at night (no mozzies up here on the bay side of the hotel), and a great breakfast to look forward to.

You are on top of a hill which might be a concern for someone who isn't agile, but Normand and Loiuse have that covered, they'll drive you down to the beach & restaurants and pick you up later. OTOH if you want exercise, there are 300 steps down to a small snorkelling spot which is very private. Only downside is, that its 300 steps up again :-)

The beach you can see in the pictures is great, you can go on day trips to others via local boat if you could be bothered to move from Marigot Bay, which we generally couldnt as we enjoyed it too much there, and there are sightseeing & boat trips & scuba available as well.

Thanks Normand and Louise, and "We'll Be Back".

Joe & Bev

A most memorable holiday

After reading the reviews of Inn on the Bay several months ago & visiting their website we couldn't help but choose it for our vacation destination. Just have to say we couldn't have made a better choice!
Normand & Louise are perfect hosts and made us feel very comfortable.
We had alot of laughs & met some very nice people as well. The accommodations were awesome as was the view. We have been home for several days now & already wish we were back at the Inn!
Kris & Darren York

We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our stay!

by TripAdvisor Member zirconia

I would just like to say that Robert and I had the most wonderful time with you. You might remember me turning up for breakfast in my breeches. Enjoyed the riding! Normand, you are the most fantastic host.
And a host with a sense of humour. That doesn't happen very often! We really appreciated your friendly and hospitable attitude. A great taxi service too! We may have told you, but we have been to St Lucia twice before. This time was the best. So nice to stay somewhere small and informal where our every need was almost anticipated! You were brilliant, booking up everything that we wanted to do. e.g. Sailing, excursions, riding, etc. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our stay. I'm glad we did 'The Steps'. Only once I must admit. That was enough for me. Not like Joe, who skipped up and down them like a spring chicken! My thigh muscles were aching two days later! Great too, to meet some like minded people while we were with you. Louise, the breakfasts were wonderful. I especially liked the melon and grapefruit, but the muffins were certainly something to write home about! We would love to come back again. When funds permit! I just can't wait! You are so lucky living there all the time! It's pretty cold here in England now. But Spring is on the way! Think of you every day - and I'm not joking! Thank you both very much. I do B&B in England. Come over!

Relax in Paradise!

We went to St.Lucia to celebrate our 35th Wedding Anniversary in February 2004. Our stay at the The Inn on the Bay was an excellent experience. This was one of the best maintained properties we have ever stayed at. Your day starts with a hike down the 300 steps to Marigot Bay. Breakfast is served on your balcony outside your room, and Louise is famous for her freshly baked Muffins. Normand will transport you to and from the local restaurants, and the bay area any time you would like to go.

Normand will also set up Sailing Trips, Water Taxi and other tours for any activity that you would like.

Mr Albert Nicholas (driver for the Inn) will pick you up at the airport and take you to the Inn. Some of the roads in St Lucia leave something to be desired and we suggest that you leave the driving to a highly skilled driver such as Mr Nicholas on your first trip to the Inn.

For a wonderful relaxing vacation in paradise, we highly recommend The Inn on the Bay.

Roger and Wilma Kanable

The Friendlist Inn on the Island

We had an absolutely wonderful vacation at Inn on the Bay! Normand and Louise were the most gracious hosts! They treated us more like old friends then guests. We had the most wonderful opportunity to share our vacation with their other guests and the whole feel of our stay felt like a homecoming. If you have an opportunity to stay with Normand and Louise it will be an experience you will never forget.

Warmest of Welcomes

by TripAdvisor Member Venice_is_wonderful

The Inn on the Bay is in a stunning location, and has the warmest of hosts. Nothing is too much trouble for Normand, (even going to fetch me a take-away pizza one evening after a long & tiring day sight-seeing) and Louise's home-baked muffins with breakfast every morning are delicious!

Rooms are clean and comfortable, and everything you need for a perfectly relaxing holiday is within striking distance.

Normand will take you down to Marigot Bay, book a restaurant - with taxi, even arrange jeep hire, (let Albert collect you from the airport though after a long flight from the UK).

We wanted a special holiday, for a special occassion, (our Silver Wedding Anniversary) and Inn on the Bay in Saint Lucia delivered in every aspect.

A relaxed and friendly place to be, in a beautiful location. Highly recommended.

The best vacation of our lives!

I am sure that I echo the comments of many who have stayed at the Inn on the Bay when I say that we had the best vacation of our lives.

The weather was great, our accommodations at the Inn were perfect, the breakfasts quite scrumptious as advertised and most of all, our hosts' ability to make us feel at home along with the other guests was extraordinary. I hope that the tradition of the "sunset club" will continue.

We will look forward to returning to St. Lucia and The Inn on the Bay.

Marigot Paradise

Our sixth visit to The Inn on the Bay proved to be as pleasurable as our first. The proprietors of the Inn, Norman and Louise, go to great lengths to make their accomodations satisfying. Located on a cliff overlooking Marigot Bay, one wakes up each morning to a breathtaking sight. Both the sunrise and sunset are fully visible, given the fact that the Inn enjoys unobstructed views. If the poolside patio becomes cool as the sun dips behind the building, one has only to walk a few steps to the patio on the other side, to languish in the afternoon heat. If you are seeking a quiet, relaxed spot, on an island known for its astounding beauty, the Inn on the Bay is highly recommended.

Incredibly affordable class, service, and privacy

We ventured to the Inn on the Bay in early April 2004, after doing a lot of web research on St. Lucia's many lodging options. What an incredibly lucky choice we made.

The Inn offered everything we expected and more. Marigot Bay is a great jumping off point for many island attractions. Staying @ The Inn gives one a stunning bird's eye view of this beautiful bay. The cliff side location allows for cool breezes, and freedom from mosquitoes.

The best value-added feature are the hosts, Normand and Louise. Guests benefit from their local island knowledge and relationships, their "can do" attitude, and their overall striving to ensure all of your needs are met.

My wife and I emphatically recommend The Inn on the Bay, regardless of the class or type of lodging one desires. It offered the right mix of luxury, personal hospitality, romance, privacy, location, and amenities that helped make our vacation an indelible memory.

Hosts Nonpareil

The Inn on the Bay is much more than a place to stay while you are on vacation. Normand and Louise, our hosts nonpareil, make it your home away from home. While Louise bakes delicious muffins for breakfast, Normand plays the role of the dynamic social director with his ever present portable phone arranging activities and transportation, making dinner reservations, and especially maintaining the tradition of introducing the guests to each other and then standing back to watch friendships develop. All this while overlooking the beautiful Marigot Bay and the magnificent sunsets that can be viewed from the front terrace. We highly recommend staying with Louise and Normand at the Inn on the Bay.

Marigot Bay, St LuciaMarigot Bay, St Lucia