Calabash Cove Resort & Spa

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Calabash Cove Resort & Spa

Calabash Cove

by Dumas

We just booked a 6 night stay at Calabash Cove for some R&R. I would like to hear what people think about it. My wife will be 4 months pregnant and I heard there are 86 steps to the beach! Except for the steps, is it worth it? Can you snorkel from the beach? Are there other resorts/restaurants close by to each at (we did not get the all inclusive package)?

GT

Re: Calabash Cove

by Odinnthor

Well folks, you really cannot go wrong at the Calabash Cove. It is my "other" favorite on the island. (the other being Ti Kaye). The "86" steps are not what you think really, - look at the slide show on their webpage, and you can see the layout pretty well. This place is serious classy. Also, you are better off not getting an AI (all inclusive), so you can sample what the island has to offer, and there is plenty around.

I am sure they can cater to whatever you want to do there, but if you want to go outside of their realm for services hre is a website of Scuba Steve. They can pretty much do whatever it is that you would like to do. Besides their website is extremely comprehnsive and you can learn all you need to know about St Lucia from there. Whether you use them or not, the information contained in there will make you aware of all things St. Lucia.

The Caribbean is an old stomping ground of mine and some of the besst times of my life have been spent there, - on pretty much all of the islands. Enjoy your time there, - you will not be disappointed......d:o)

St. Lucia Weather in Early August

by cooperdd

I have only 1 week we can take a vacation - July 28th thru Aug. 6th. What's the weather like in St. Lucia at this time?

by leics

For a rough idea, have a look at the climate tables here;

and here

July/August are hot and in the wet season.

by zuriga

VERY HOT!!

by leics

You said it, I thought it! :-)

by zuriga

My son was in St. Lucia over the past Christmas holiday. It was even toasty then, and that was December.

by Odinnthor

The August temperature in St. Lucia is around 85 degrees Farenheit. It is however fairly humid as well.

That being said, St. Lucia is one of my favorite islands in the Caribbean, and overall, a great destination. The Caribbean is my old stomping ground and I have done that, both working on the cruises and hangin' in the islands, - almost all of them.

I would definately pick St. Lucia. There are two places to stay that I can personally recommend. The Ti Kaye and the Calabash Cove. I prefer the Ti Kaye as it s a place lovingly put together by a nice family. The owners will make any special occasion a memorable one. That you can count on.

Now, here is a website that will inform you about all there is to do and see, on St. Lucia, done by another family of enthusiasts, - Scuba Steve, and his lovely wife Shirley. They are technically a scuba diving place, and as such it is great, - but they can do almost anything that you may like to do while in St. Lucia. Take your time to explore their website, it has a lot to review.

You will not be disappointed with St. Lucia. I am an island bwoy at heart, and will likely end up right back in the Caribbean.

Have a great trip.......d:o)

The Cliff at Cap Restaurant

by haighr

This looks like quite an elegant location in St. Lucia - I am thinking it might be perfect for our 12/24/10 anniversary dinner? Any thoughts?

by Odinnthor

Hi and congrats on the anniversary....d:o)

Yes, the Cliff is a fine establishment, and it is hard to go wrong there. I can certainly recommend it.

Here are a few things to consider in St. Lucia..

Certainly a good choice to go to St. Lucia. There are two places to stay that I can personally recommend. The Ti Kaye and the Calabash Cove. I prefer the Ti Kaye as it s a place lovingly put together by a nice family. I have recommended it before to honeymooners, and they were in heaven. Also have recommended it to people looking for ananniversary trip. The owners will make the special occasion a memorable one. That you can count on. Tell me what you think, and if you don't think this is for you, we will find others.

Happy Anniversary to you both.......d:o)

by haighr

Thanks so much for the good review and all the info. We are already booked at Sandals Halcyon (not much for all inclusive, but this was highly recommended so thought we would give it a try). Will definitely check out the things to do - we want to visit the Botanical Gardens and pools and take a boat around the Pitons in addition to other things. We just returned from a trip to Egypt, Israel, Greece, Turkey and Italy and here we are all ready to go again! Thanks again.
Candee

by Odinnthor

You are welcome Candee....d:o)

You will have a blast in St Lucia. Just don't hurry anywhere, - relax and take your time whatever you do. Locals take three days to go through one day..

Happy Anniversary to you both......d:o)

Comments