Palm Haven Hotel

Palm Haven Hotel
Travelocity Booking.com Hostelworld.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Gros Islet

any insider info? I'm lost.

by LFranks76

I'm planning a surprise trip for my husband this november to the sandals grande st lucian. We have been trying to take this vacation for about 5 years now, but with 4 boys at home it just hasn't happened. My problem is this...I want everything to go perfect and if anybody has any valuable information to give, I would sure be thankful. There are always those things once you return where if you had known this you would have done that. I've never been to the caribbean and am just trying to make the best and most romantic vacation possible! Thanks for any help!

Re: any insider info? I'm lost.

by SuzyTravelGirl

I am glad to try and help answer your questions. As a travel agent I have sent many of my clients to this property and it gets great feedback. I have seen all of the Sandals properties in Jamaica and actually stayed at 2 Sandals and 2 Beaches properties. I would say that Sandals takes care of almost every detail you look for in a romantic vacation. The one thing that you will be responsible for is booking the correct room category. I always recommend to my clients to at least go with a Concierge room. Having my own experience staying at the property with out this extra service, I think that it is totally worth the extra money as it truly enhances the trip. If the Butler categories are not out of your budget, these are more amazing. You will be personally served by a butler during your stay and Sandals hand picks these butlers so they are really good!

Beyond that, if you have particular requests, I suggest contacting a travel agent that is Sandals certified, as they will go above and beyond to make sure the requests are given to the resort so that the vacation will go more perfectly!

Finally, flights can be tough to get to the island. I suggest considering the lower airport UVF, unless you can get a one stop flight into the airport closest to the hotels (SLU). The flights into UVF from most cities are not too bad. The transfer time from this airport to the hotel is a little over an hour and Sandals does provide complimentary transfers. Should you feel adventurous, you can even take a helicopter from airport to airport and get a beautiful tour of the island! The rates run around $145 per person, per way for this service.

I hope this helps you some. If you have any other questions, I am glad to help!

Suzy

Re: any insider info? I'm lost.

by sandysmith

Hi have just returned from 12 nights at Sandals Halcyon in St Lucia
We went to the Grand a couple of times - its a lovely hotel - and you can also visit the nearby Sandals resorts with their courtesy bus. Its bigger and busier than Halcyon

We too have never been to the Caribbean before - the heat caught us out! Even on a cloudy day you can get sunburnt - always put on sunscreen.
We ate at the Grand at barefoot on the beach - serves delicious local cuisine and then had coffee and crepes at Josephine - lovely end to a meal.

We enjoyed the beach at the Grand and the large pool with its swim up bar with array of delicious cocktails to work your way through.

The staff are oh so friendly and customer service is superb, nothing is too much trouble. St Lucia is an amazing place for a romantic holiday - we went for our silver wedding.

Visit the other resorts too and make the most of the restaurant choices - esp The Pier and Mario's at Halcyon. La Toc and Pitons and Kimono at the The Regency
I have pics I will upload to a page soon but e-mail me if you have specific questions

Comments