Pigeon Island Causeway, Gross-Islet, Castries, St. Lucia, Caribbean

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort - All Inclusive

Sandals

by bswanwick about Sandals Grande St. Lucian

The staff was impeccable! No other hotel that I've visited has perfected the "guest experience". Upon arrival we were greeted with a concierge who sent our bags to our room and checked us in while we sat on a giant sofa and sipped rum punch.

Our room was spacious, clean, and modern. We stayed in the Honeymoon Grand Luxe Oceanfront room. The housekeepers were very attentive and thorough. The bed was also comfortable. One other thing, the AC was perfectly chilly!

The perfection that Sandals portrays in their brochures and on their website is well depcited.

My only complaint: food quality. We didn't get sick or felt like we were eating rotten food. However, it seemed like all the ingredients were cheap and the taste was leaving something to be desired. Presentation was on par with any fancy restaurant. I think this was to mask the taste. I do consider myself to be a foody so please don't let my review stop you from staying at this great resort!

I give the resort 4/5 based solely on my expectations of the food. Do make your way to La Toc Restaurant at the Sandals Regency. The food there was pretty tasty. The staff stands out above and beyond all other characteristics of this hotel. They were unobtrusive and at no point during our stay did I feel like Sandals had too much staff or too much customer service. If you want to be pampered, they will pamper. If you want to be left alone, they will leave you alone. Bravo to the staff!

No Pressure, No Problem at Sandals Grande

I stayed at Sandals Grande during my honeymoon from August 5th-11th and it was a most enjoyable experience. Admittedly, I was quite reluctant in going to Sandals after reading the inconsistent and disheartening reviews. I can truly say that Sandals Grande is indeed worth the money and more importantly the experience is priceless. Before I begin, let me say that if you are considering a vacation for the quality of room and food is a priority, look elsewhere because you will be somewhat disappointed. However, if you have experienced the Carribean you will know that this area is not known for their foods but for its natural and unspoiled beauty especially in St. Lucia. The Sandals Grande food and rooms are not comparable to the Ritz Carlton but the service of the staff is impeccable. After the first day, the staff knew our first name and was quite sincere in their hospitatality. As far as the wait staff they were quite friendly but their accessibility could have been improved. I had to request my beverages oftentimes more than once. I really enjoyed talking to other couples who were in the midst of their honeymoon, anniversary which heightened the feelings of love. The stay at one, play at three concept is fantastic because you have the options of eating and experiencing other resorts and embrace their distinctive qualities. The Golf Resort for instance was the best as far as food and restaurants but the couples there and flavor resembled a cruise. On the other hand, Halcyon resembled a more intimate flavor and Grande was ideal for a honeymoon with its excellent amenities and pool. Grande is ideal if you love water sports and natural beauty. Overall, no vacation is perfect but Sandals Grande is an ideal place if you are looking for a natural picturesque scenery on Pigeon Island. I would highly recommend this resort and you will understand truly that your pressures and problems will be swept away in the sea of forgetfulness. Please Email me if you have any specific questions.

Honeymoon Disappointment at Sandals Grande....

All you ever hear is how great Sandals Grande is but our honeymoon left a lot to be desired. We spent more on this trip than any and the level of service is substandard. We traveled 13 hours from California for our honeymoon to arrive at midnight to be told that the level room we had paid for was all booked and we had been downgraded with no explanation.
We have been fighting to get our money back since we got home August 6.
We were also charged a 400 charge that they can't figure out what it was for. It was an unathorized charge. This was only a few of the things that happened. We were stranded due to there bad shuttle schedule. Our phone didn't work. Our safe didn't work and we were on the expensive conceirge level...What a joke.Food and service is ok. I think if you have never traveled before it would be a great vacation. I recommend not splurging on an upgraded room they are all furnished and look the same. Beware of all the great you hear about sandals it isn't worth the money. You can find better vacations for less. The property is beautiful but that is the best part of it. We talked to many couples who had been downgraded or worse moved to a smaller sandals hotel which is a dump. I wouldn't recommend that hotel to anyone.

Sandals Grande-No So Grande

Well, this was our 4th trip to a Sandals Property...and our last. Way overpriced and incredibly boring. We were also robbed, yes robbed. Our safe was open upon returning to our room and $400 cash was gone. Security had on record a staff member entering our room. Nothing happened as of the time we left and once we were home and our travel agent inquired about our experience, she received a letter stating inaccurate facts. So, as a so called "Signature Guest" of Sandals - I am telling all of you out there do not waste your time or money on these resorts. 10 Years ago I would have recommended, but now - they are no better than a Motel 6 with a view.

Sandals Grande All-Inclusive Resort

by andersonclan about Sandals Grande

This resort was great. The staff were the happiest most friendly staff we have ever encountered in our entire lives, seriously. They were great & made our trip even more fun. There are many pools & lounge areas to choose from, lots of food & fun. We especially enjoyed the resorts nightly entertainment. There are 2 other Sandals Resorts in St Lucia, so you can freely go to the other Resorts to dine, golf, swim, etc. The Grande is the best of the three to stay in. We enjoyed their Spa. You can even have massages in a hut over the water... very romantic!

Don't Go to Club St. Lucia! Go to the St. Lucian

by WillL about Club St. Lucia

We booked our vacation with Travelocity to stay at the Club St. Lucia. It looked so grand in the pictures and we were very excited. After doing some research on line I began to notice there was no website and many bad reviews. I could not call the hotel because no one answered and no one at travelocity would tell me why. I ended up switching my reservation to Rex Resorts St. Lucian after making a big fuss with Travelocity. We enjoyed our stay at the St. Lucian greatly. The staff was so nice and it is right on the best beach on the island. WARNING! We were in a taxi and talking to our driver one day. It turns out Club St. Lucia is closed until 2007! and they are still taking reservations as if they are open! Because we booked with Travelocity no one called to tell us this. I was very upset with both Travelocity and the resort. Friends we met down in St. Lucia had booked the same place with an agent and were told a few days before they left it had been closed. They were moved to our hotel. Just be aware! What you see online is very different then what you will actually get. Do your research! Ask around and call places! You get what you pay for. Don't book the Club St. Lucia! The Papillion (which we originally booked because it was all inclusive) is under construction. So you will stay in the St. Lucian and use it's resteraunt. Again, another blip in our trip. But, we ended up enjoying our stay greatly and didn't mind not staying in the Papillion. If you can afford it though- definitly book in the Royal by Rex as it is the nicest of all three resorts!!

Amazing!

The Sandals Grande St. Lucian was absolutely amazing. From the first impression (getting a damp towel and champagne as a greeting) to the last everything was super. I work in the commercial interior design field, so I always notice every little detail...and all of their details were well thought out. We were upgraded to a room with an incredible view (slight musty smell, but my husband didn't mind it...not unbearable) and the rooms were finished beautifully. The other 2 Sandals resorts on St. Lucia weren't that great...but the Grande was totally perfect. The pool and beach were so enjoyable, and the staff was great for the most part (a few rude encounters, but mostly friendly). Go on the Day Sail adventure...it is a little pricey but we both thought it was well worth the $ for a whole day on a gorgeous boat, and you see a lot of the island. This resort was AMAZING!!!

The Grande is Grand!

by TripAdvisor Member disneygal

My husband and I just got back from 8 glorious days at the Grande St. Lucian and would highly recommend it to anyone. We are not "newleyweds" and were celebrating our 13th anniversary (We're 40yrs old). We found a nice mix of people and nobody seemed out of place regardless of age etc. We loved the restaurants and the food at our resort and were very happy with our seafood meal at the Pier restaurant at the Halcyon Sandals. It was nice to check out the smaller "cottage like" Sandals, but we were glad we'd picked the Grande. We also had a fabulous time at the Kimonos Restaurant at the Golf resort. It's another must do! We didn't go to Le Toc at the Golf resort, but heard good things about it - We just didn't want to shuttle 3 nights off property and the Kimonos was very different and fun. At the Grande, our favourite place for dinner was Barefoot by the Sea as we had the seafood platter and the surf and turf , conch chowder etc. Lobster was not in season but we enjoyed garlic shrimp once and crab legs twice. Bayside has a great varied dinner menu too. The sax player played right in the restaurant while we dined. Toscannin's is most people's favourite, but it was our least favourite meal as both the lamb and veal dishes were heavily breaded and we just didn't enjoy the food as much as at the others. We did love the atmosphere there as we sat outside and the service everywhere is amazing. We LOVED the crepes at Josephine's so don't miss them! It's too bad they closed at 7 pm or we'd have have chocolate crepes every day for dessert after dinner. Some days we'd have lunch somewhere else and just head there mid afternoon for a crepe "snack" - Awesome! We did the full day sail and enjoyed that, but if we had to do it again we might do the land/sea cruise so you could visit some places enroute to Soufriere. It's worth venturing off the resort if you want to see the scenery, see the people etc. Since we did the day sail, I really wanted to see the Rainforest, Botanical Gardens, Diamond Falls and shop at the straw market, so for $95 US we rented an Avis jeep and driver for 8 hours. The driver was amazing and stops where you want. It's much cheaper than an organized tour and he'll go anywhere. I would likely do that again and maybe do the shorter evening sunset cruise if I wanted to be on a boat. If you do a lot of scuba dives, the catamaran trip is not as exciting as the longer dives included a longer boat ride. All in all we saw a lot on the island and also had lots of time to relax - We left on a Saturday and returned on a Sunday (One travel agent found that for $11.00 canadian we could enjoy an extra day!!!) All in all, you can do as little or as much as you want and you'll be happy. There are lots of great people to meet of all ages and you'll have a blast. I'm surprised about the reviews that don't give the Grande at least 4 Stars. Don't let any negative reviews scare you. We met 2 couples who were celebrating their 20th and 25th anniversaries and they had both travelled extensively (one man was even a travel agent), and they loved St. Lucia and the Grande too. ENJOY!!! Have a frozen mudslide for me at the swim up bar if you go!

This Is Paradise - Kauai Revisited

by TripAdvisor Member dklein

WHO WE ARE: Oftentimes you read a review and have no idea where people are coming from, what theyre used to, how old they are, that sort of thing. So I thought Id tell you a little about us. My lovely wife is 31 and Im 30. We live in Los Angeles and arent in any way remotely affiliated with the glitz and glam of Hollyweird, although Amy did work for one of the citys biggest talent agencies for quite a few years. Weve got normal jobs, struggling to make ends meet. Amys even going to school at night and working during the days. We both have been lucky enough to have had our fair share of luxury, exotic food, fine dining and travels and we chose St. Lucia for our 1-year anniversary and had an absolutely wonderful time. As youll learn below, we are accustomed to vacationing in Hawaii and staying at their luxury resorts (and spending a ridiculous fortune on food and hotels, another reason why we chose St. Lucia) and eating the islands fine cusine so thats where the bar was set and met.THE WEATHER: Dont be afraid of Hurricane Season (even after what youve seen about Hurricane Fabian recently). The likelihood that youll hit the island during a hurricane within this huge region is very slim. Even if one does touch down on the island, Sandals will pay to bring you back, flight included. Even if youre on your very last night on the island, theyll bring you back for the whole time you had originally reserved. Most importantly, the cost savings is quite considerable for trips booked during hurricane season. And its worth it! We visited the island from 8/15 8/25/03 and we only had one full day of rain (conveniently placed midtrip when we had a trip to the spa already booked) and only very occasional rainstorms which would last no more than 15-20 minutes. We prayed that the pictures portraying blue skies werent just taken in the winter. We had plenty of warmth and blue skies. The humidity was never a problem for us but we did sigh some relief upon returning to air conditioned spaces. It was definitely a good mix. Why on earth would you want to vacation anywhere that wasnt warm and humid? All the more reason to dive into the sea or pool!THE ISLAND: Being from the West Coast, were spoiled. Weve got Hawaii (and even better, Kauai) only about 5 hours away. But if St. Lucia is closer to you, or you feel like something different but similar, St. Lucia is perfect. We were looking for something just like Kauai, but felt that our third trip to Hawaii in as many years would be a tad redundant. Weve heard horror stories about how youre always trying to find something like this place or that and it never measures up. Well, St. Lucia definitely fit our needs. And then some. The island is as lush and tropical as can be. Since Kauai is my idea of a tropical paradise, St. Lucia surprisingly satisfied. And if you can believe it, all with better weather and warmer water.THE POVERTY: Fuggetaboutit. A non-issue. Weve heard horror stories about Mexico and Jamaica and just hoped that St. Lucia wouldnt be anything at all like those places. Not that were cold, uncaring beasts, but when Im on vacation, I want to forget about my own miserable existence not to mention everyone elses. If you do venture into town, youll probably be approached by someone trying to sell you something. The people of St. Lucia are a wonderful and friendly bunch. They are poor and they will do what they can to sell you something. Ive been approached by these walking salespeople all over the world and Ive got to say that St. Lucians arent nearly as pushy as others Ive come across. If you tell them no, or that you already have what theyre trying to sell you, they leave you alone. Pretty much right away. This does not happen in Mexico or other places like it. Unlike Jamaica, you really can go out of the resort and explore the island. Just be smart as I would here in Los Angeles or anywhere else. No flashy jewelry and keep the purse at home. If you do want to sample the local flavor and partake in a customary Friday night Jump Up, definitely follow these instructions. You wont want to be burdened by this stuff anyway.THE BEACHES: Wow. The beach at the Sandals Grande was amazing. I have no idea what folks were talking about when they had problems with the color of the sand. What? It didnt match the pictures in the brochure. are you nuts? Okay, the sand DID match the pictures, it was beautiful. There are some beaches on the island that have black sand due to the volcanic rock, but not at our hotels beach. Who cares if the sand is black anyway? Youre in paradise. Again, the sand at the Grande is as blonde as blonde can be. The Grandes beach was a nice long stretch of beautifully soft sand situated on an awesome bay with Pigeon Island to the north and Gros Islet to the south with lush green mountains across the water. A perfect half moon bay which definitely made for calm water activities. Palapas (big wooden thatched umbrellas) and loungers abound.SANDALS WATER ACTIVITIES: We did almost all of it and never had any problem with availability with one exception which would be the only thing that left a slightly bitter taste in my mouth. Hobie cats, tubing, water trikes, water skiing, snorkel trips, all included and wonderful. Now, we heard that there were other parts of the island that had better snorkel/dive sites, but we certainly didnt miss them. The whole experience of it was wonderful. We saw schools of fish, schools of squid, octopuses, eels, trumpet fish, barracudas (not harmful, but keep the rings in the room). I even dove for the first time in St. Lucia and the instruction was top notch. I did have a second dive scheduled and a late return from an island tour forfeited my ability to go on the trip. I rescheduled the dive for Saturday and received a call on Saturday re-scheduling the dive for Sunday because two of the watersports folks were sick and I was the only one scheduled to go on the trip. I informed the watersports crew that I was flying on Monday but they assured me that it wouldnt be a problem. On Sunday, I showed up at the time promised and was told that I should have been there at 10AM instead of 1PM. Long story short, they insisted that I could not dive that close to my flight the next day (even though 3 of them told me previously it was ok) and that no dives were going out on the 1PM snorkel trip on Sunday. No pressure, no problem, but I was a little peeved as I knew I was entitled to 2 dives a day as part of the inclusive package and this was my last chance to do it before leaving the island. A few things to consider if you want to dive. If youre a beginner like me, you can only go once a day (not the 2 included) because the 2nd dive of the day is a deeper dive which requires certification. Now, you can get certified there for a fee and 4 days of training. Not really worth it in my opinion. The money or the time. Also, you cant go within the last 24 hours before a flight and make sure you make reservations to dive 24 hours in advance and try to get others to join you so they dont have the well, youre the only one diving as an excuse. One more thing; we met a guy who was certified and he wasnt allowed to just go out on any trip. He was told he would have to take the beginners class in the pool and do the swim trial, which I didnt really understand. All in all, hey, youre on vacation, I had the great experience of diving once and had an amazing time. No pressure, no problem.THE GRANDES POOL: Great, great, great, great swim up bar too. Theyve even got aqua aerobics. Dont forget to check out the spas hot (very very very hot) tub and cooler splash pool which you can visit 24 hours a day as well as the sauna and steam rooms. They also orchestrate pool (and beach) volleyball for those who are so inclined. These activities never hassle the sunbathers as they use the upper less popular pool and side of the beach, respectively.THE ROOMS: There were quite a few reviews about how the rooms werent that great. We paid the least amount of money possible, which put us in a deluxe lagoon room (not swim-up). I had read that you can ask for an upgrade and I didnt even have to! We got a full ocean view, facing north (the hotel is perfectly situated on an isthmus with bay on one side and sea on the other), without even asking or knowing what kind of room we were given. I figure the upgrades are only based on availability and it seemed like the hotel was quite available, which was an added perk. Although there were plenty of great folk with whom to socialize. Bathrooms are marble with double sinks. Rooms are absolutely fine. I like more luxury than my wife and I was completely pleased. I dont know what others were expecting to get out of their rooms but ours was great. I would say, something like a nice Vegas room. Were not talking Venetian suite but something like a nicer NY, NY room, a Hard Rock Hotel room or a Rio Suites room (although not that big). My wife has also taught me to realize that youre not spending your time in the room. I have to impress upon you that if you are that type, though, youd be quite comfortable.THE FOOD: What youre all dying to find out. We read a bunch of reviews about how the food and service didnt quite match up to expectations. Going into it, we didnt expect much and were totally impressed! Definitely reserve Le Toc and Kimonos (both at the Regency) early. While youre at it, go reserve your diving early too. Le Toc was a very nice French restaurant (probably the best among Sandals resorts) and Kimonos was a Japanese teppanyaki joint like Benihana. We all know how much those places charge for the spread which includes your choice of chicken, beef, shrimp, lobster (with increasing pricetags). Well, here, they give you it all, well, the beef, the chicken, the shrimp, the fish, the pork and an appetizer. If you want two appetizers, go for it. I hear the sushi appetizer was really good, although I was a tad nervous. Our chef, Bert, was awesome. He even suggested we do sake bombs (although they substitute vodka for sake) which were very familiar with and would have insisted upon on our own! The other chefs dont do the sake bombs. so make sure you ask for them! We all had a blast flinging food into each others mouths. Back at our hotel, we loved Toscanini (ate there three times), Bayside, Josephines Creperie, Barefoot by the Sea and the Olde English Pub. Our first meal at the resort was lunch at the Barefoot and I ordered the thai salad which I was not impressed by. The nice thing about Sandals is that you can order and re-order whatever you want. If you dont like something, order something else. Or order ½ of one thing and a ½ of something else if you dont know if youre going to like it. Now, were not ones to wantonly waste food, however, you may find that you would like to order a couple things at one seating. No pressure, no problem. You should know that the Barefoot by the Sea completely changes their menu in the evening and food (and service thanks to Stacey) is wonderful! Having gone back there during the day, I just figured out what to order, the Jerk chicken wings are awesome as is the gazpacho (order it extra spicey). Service and food in Toscaninis was incredible thanks to Nelson, Junius and Gregory. We heard good and bad reviews about the pub yet decided to try it. Boy were we glad we did. Everything we ordered was great! The steak & ale pie, the curry (awesome), pretty good fried mozzarella sticks. I love my imported beers, but I didnt care one bit that they only served Piton (a darn good lager) and Heineken. I read one reviewer say that they were completely appalled that they didnt serve one English beer. Give me a break. Which brings me to the attitude you need to have when dining in the Sandals restaurants. Go into it not expecting much and youll be totally amazed. Go into it expecting it to be good food and good service and youll be pleased. I think some folks go into this thinking the food better be like Emerils or Wolfgangs or Joachims or Marios and it just aint gonna be like that. Steaks at the Barefoot were incredible (the kitties liked them too not a nuisance at all). Crepes at Josephines were great. Service varied a bit. I made an effort to learn every servers name. Benjamin at the Bayside was very nice. Pearl at the beach bar, Ju at the Lobby Bar too. Oh, Nathan at check-in as well as Al were very friendly and helpful. The island motto is no pressure, no problem, so live the motto when youre there. Youre not on any schedule or shouldnt be. Sometimes it might take you a few more minutes to be noticed at the bar but think of it as giving your liver a few extra moments to recover from the last st. Lucian mama. Only once did we have to request a round of drinks twice. No big deal. For the most part, everyone was friendly and very helpful and attentive. Oh, and do yourself a favor and try the Scorpio with rum (its normally a non-alcoholic drink which I mistakenly ordered as my first drink on the island, sans rum). Lunch buffet at the Bayside was pretty darn good too now that I think about it. We were a little suspicious but were very pleasantly surprised.THE SPA: My wife had a facial and I had a massage and chose to do it in the same room. It was great and Id have to say that my masseur gave me one of the best massages Ive ever had. I normally dont like how rough the fellahs are (although Ive only had one other massage given by a man) and prefer women but again, I was very pleasantly surprised. Amy enjoyed her facial very much.TOURS: Aside from the two dinners at the other resorts, we only did two things offsite. The hike up to the fort on Pigeon Island was great with an incredible view (go to both points). We also heard from a couple that did every tour that the highlight was the Jungle Safari Jeep Tour. So we did it and got the best driver and guide. The driver, Tony, looked and sounded just like Busta Rhymes. Our guide, Charlie, was incredible, taking more time than was allotted for the tour, stopping here and there to pick various fruits and aromatic plants for us to taste and smell. We learned so much on that tour as we enjoyed seeing more of the island. Definitely a must. If youre not staying at Sandals, you might want to save $5 or so by booking with a company directly. The excursion desk in the lobby is so handy that you really dont mind spending the extra money if youre spending any more at all. We also heard the day sail to Soufriere was a great trip too. I usually like exploring more than what we ended up doing, but we loved Sandals so much that we really didnt want to leave. And now we have a reason to go back to the island. If you do want to check out the open-air markets in Castries, dont waste your money on a tour. Take the free shuttle to the Halcyon (closest to Castries) and then grab a cab for $5 or so into town and then back. Remember, leave the purse and the jewelry behind and dont wander too far from the main part of town.FINAL NOTE: We loved everything about the Sandals Grande. We didnt check out the Halcyon but after seeing the Regency (and how big it was, for starters), we knew we had made the right choice. Just by looking at where the hotel is situated, you know its an awesome place. We would go back in a heartbeat, no doubt about it. Further proof we were supposed to end our trip by spending our last 3 nights on the island at a smaller, boutique hotel outside of Soufriere called Anse Chastanet. I had read many many reviews about this place and it came highly recommended by tour books and online guides alike as a perfect romantic getaway (we chose Anse over another highly recommended place Ladera). The fact that the rooms werent air conditioned coupled with no pool and how much we enjoyed the Grande convinced us that even the last 3 days werent going to be enough in paradise at the Grande.Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions or concerns and darn it, have fun for us when you go!

A great Honeymoon!!!

Recently my new wife and I decided to celebrate our honeymoon in St. Lucia. One word of advice to start is to fly into the small airport near the resort. Although the airport is small and totally unorganized, it will save you a 1 ½ hour drive which I hear is terrible.Once we got our luggage a sandals bus was at the airport to take us to our resort (the Grande). We had to stop and drop some people off at the Halycon, but it was on the way so it was no big deal. Once there, we were greeted with the customary cold washcloths and ice cold champagne. We had our sit down check in and were given a bag of goodies. We were then escorted to our room and our honeymoon has officially started. We were a couple hours away from orientation, so we decided to look around and explore on our own. We ate a quick lunch at barefoot by the sea which was great! From there we joined the 5PM orientation (we highly recommend it!!!) We had dinner at the Old English which was pretty good.Im not going to sit here and bore everyone with every detail of our tripso let me just get down to business and give the highlights. The first highlight that comes to mind are the playmakers. They are fantastic and made this trip very special. Big shout outs go out to Fluff and especially to Jay. Their interaction with my wife and I was great! Pool volleyball in the mornings was something to look forward to as well as all of their great activities at night. We highly recommend participating in casino night and checking out the newlywed game (which we actually won!!!!)Daytime activities are plentiful the hobie cats are fun and only take a few minutes to learn. We went tubing many times and it was great! I couldnt scuba dive due to a recent surgery (oh well) but I did get a chance to go snorkelinguntil jelly fish decided to feast on my wife (the only bad part of the vacation). The swim up bars were great with fast service (I highly recommend the Piton local beer) Mixed drinks were kinda weak, but if you ask nicely they will Stiffen them up for you. The atmosphere and music around the pool was so relaxing. Always a place to sit, never too crowded. The nacho and pizza bar at the Barefoot by the Sea restaurant provided a nice snack to those who have been drinking all day! My wife was able to find a nice book to read in the library and loved to play with the 2 cats running around the barefoot by the sea restaurant. Great lunch buffet w/ desert inside the Bayside.Night time became VERY quiet.which is nice! The place to be is Tusconinis! This is a great restaurant with white glove service. My wife and I enjoyed several meals there as well as several bottles of wine! This is a dress up place, so guys, dont forget your dress pants! Be prepared though, dinner can sometimes take up to 2 hourswhich isnt necessarily a bad thing! Nightly entertainment with a phenomenal saxaphone player as well as a steel drum band makes you feel like you are a king and queen while walking the beach at night.very soothing! The Palladium offered some great nightly activities some nightscheck the whiteboard outside to see what is going on. The billiard room is nice, but only has 2 tables inside and 2 outside. I actually learned how to play snooker (how exciting!) Dont forget that the Old English is the only restaurant with a late night menu (and there is usually nobody there after 10:00) Late night cheeseburgers rule!The only bad things about this resort are the lack of shopping (but who really needs to shop on vacation) and the price of the pictures (15.00 is a little much for a computer print out)We spent some time at the golf resortbut we were VERY happy we chose the Grande. Much better place to be. The golf resort featured free golf and no wait for a tee time. It was fun and I golfed twice while the wife played in the ocean. It will take 30 minutes to get there from the Grande, so be prepared.There are plenty of excursions, but since we were having so much fun at the resort we didnt feel it was necessary to leave. We did take a booze cruise. It was a cruise around to watch the sunset. It was cloudy, so we didnt see anythingbut we did drink a lot and really didn't seem to care about the lack of a nice sunset.We met so many fantastic couples. Everyone was so nice. The staff was great. We especially want to thank Playmaker Jason for a great time. He was the best and if he is involved in an activity and you are looking for a good timeyou have to participate!We did have some trouble leaving the islanda volcano had some activity a couple islands over. Our flight was cancelled, so we had to stay another night at sandals. They still gave us champagne and cold towels (which we needed after being stuck in the un-airconditioned airport for 7 hours) It was a great experiencePlease email us with any questionsKurt and Sarah

Sandals Grande St LuciaSandals Grande St Lucia

St. Lucian BoaSt. Lucian Boa

St. Lucian coins, East Caribbean DollarSt. Lucian coins, East Caribbean Dollar

Sandals Grande

by gump415

My wife and I are looking at going to St. Lucia for our 5 year anniversary. I am curious if anyone has stayed at the Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa and gotten the all inclusive package? I have heard that all inclusive packages aren't always the best way to go. If that isn't the best place to stay on the island can someone recommend a better choice. Thank you

Re: Sandals Grande

by madlobster

We stayed at the Grand two years ago and had a great vacation. The food was good to excellent. You can go in as low or as high of a roome grade as your budget allows but all the other emenities are yours for the taking. Sandals is a no tipping resort so enjoy! if you have never been to the caribbean understand that their pace is a bit slower so relax and enjoy. We enjoyed St. Lucia so much we are going back this May but trying out the Regency this time.

Sandals Resorts

by Lucy-

Hi Everyone!

I am hoping to go to St Lucia in November and stay at one of the Sandals resorts. Does anyone have any information on these resorts, ie which is the best out of the three on St Lucia? and also is there any good diving to be had from St Lucia as I know the Sandals resorts offer free Scuba.

Many Thanks

Lucy

RE: Sandals Resorts

by LisaMJ

Hi Lucy,

As far as location goes, Sandals Grande St Lucia is the best. When we were in St Lucia, we could see this hotel from our balcony, but at the time it was closed because it used to be the Hyatt St Lucia, and was in the process or turning into Sandals.

Also, consider the Royal St Lucian - a lovely hotel right on Reduit beach. Within 5 mins walk is about a dozen good restaurants - we loved it.

Lisa

Has Anyone stayed at Sandals in St. Lucia?

by loiswedding_2004

I am interested in having my wedding at Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa and Beach Resort in St. Lucia. Has anyone stayed there and if so, were you satisfied with the accomadations, etc.

Also, has anyone had a destination wedding? If you have ANY wedding tips/advice you can share with me will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!