100 Anse Chastanet Rd, PO Box 7000, Soufriere, Caribbean

Costs 66% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Jade Mountain Resort

Beautiful and Unique Jade Mountain

by bridgettetourist about Jade Mountain

I remember seeing the pictures of Jade Mountain online and talking to a travel agent of how beautiful it was. I did not expect to see something so stunning words could not describe. We had a beautiful suite overlooking mountains and ocean. The structure of the suite was so amazing. Hearing the resort only had three walls in a room and seeing it are two different things. I think the first two days and nights we did not even leave the room. Our butler was always around to keep us happy and really pampered. The only downfall was having to leave. This was my first time doing yoga and scuba diving and I couldn't ask for a better place to learn. Everyone was so friendly all the time. The food was wonderful as well. Luckily there are many steps to the resort to help work off all that good food. By the third day we cheated and used the shuttles to go everywhere.

I definitely recommend Jade Mountain to anyone who wants a really unique and great vacation. If you go I would recommend scuba and yoga. Jade Mountain has an breathtaking view of St Lucia. I was not an active person but there is always activities happening and the friendliest staff I have met.

Most Amazing Rooms and Views at Jade Mountain

by TripAdvisor Member ScubagirlNewJersey

My fiance and I stayed at Jade Mountain in February and it was truly a wonderful experience. All of the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The room (JB2) was absolutely amazing. From its size to the furnishings - I was in awe. The view can only be described as spectacular. The infinity pool in the room was wonderful for cooling off after a day at the beach. I loved the beach food and drink service (you put out a flag when hungry or thirsty). We enjoyed the total romance package and went on every trip that was included. Each was quite enjoyable. I learned to scuba dive and appreciated my instructor's patience. All food in all of the restaurants was quite good. I'm hoping to return for our honeymoon as I do not think that there is anything on earth that is comparable!

Best Resort in St Lucia

by drinksforgreg about Jade Mountain

I stayed in Jade Mountain for a wedding for my best friend. I saw the pics of the resort online but pictures do absolutely nothing for really being there. We stayed in a "moon - sanctuary". The sanctuary had three walls and an infinity pool. I know I was at a resort with the best view because we traveled around a bit and nothing came close. My friend stayed in a "galaxy - sanctuary" which still had the same three walls and infinity pool but it was very different in architecture. My girlfriend loved the in room massages and I was just amazed at the level of service. We had our own butler who was there all the time just to make sure we were happy. The food was the best I have had in the Caribbean and the food for my friends was the best I had ever! Never got bored with tons of activities going on. There was always something happening. At night I slept like a baby. It was so quiet and serene. Seriously I can't possibly paint a good enough picture. This is my definition of paradise and the best resort in St Lucia and possibly the Caribbean. - 3 wall sanctuaries
- Large infinity pool in the room
- A really attentive butler
- A smaller resort so less people
- Great food

Now I Understand the Mixed reviews

by TripAdvisor Member Grigs

Now I understand why there are mixed reviews. Stunning views and interestingly designed rooms but they have a key flaw. The fans are not effective (we had room JC1 and there was no fan anywhere near the bed) and the mosqutioes have no barrier. The price of the view/novelty of the room is that its very difficult to sleep in the heat and severe bites. Its a 5 star "resort within a resort" The issue is Anse Chastanet is 3* at best and the facilites don't match. If you are used to Four Seasons and One and Only the facilities, food and service are nowhere near comparable for the price.

There are few corner rooms and those that face directly out seem to have limited sun.

Jade Mountain Club is very pretty and staff are very friendly but there is a limited menu as the kitchen is still being built. There is also no communal Jade Mountain Pool area so that means the beach and the 3* facilities. There is also a fair amount of building work still going on.

So - an interesting resort, great views but if you like Four Seasons etc not up to the 5* title.

paradise on earth

by TripAdvisor Member madavey

My husband and I just returned from a two week honeymoon at Jade Mountain and all I can say is WOW! I have been many places around the world but I have never been anywhere so truly breath taking and romantic. Our room was JE1(SUN) and we were missing TWO walls. We had a view of both the ocean and the Pitons. It was truly amazing! For the 1st week we never left the room...there was no need! We were on the meal plan so we had breakfast AND dinner delivered to our room for no extra charge. (HINT: If you ask for the Jade Club menu you can order room service from that daily menu as well, just write in your order) They are VERY accomodating. We also had a large pool IN THE LIVING ROOM! So why go anywhere?

As other reviewers said it can be hot at night, but if you ask for an extra fan they will bring you a free standing one you can put by the bed. Also, it is true about the bugs, but just keep yourself sprayed with bug spray and you'll be fine. As previously written it is a LOOOONG walk up the mt. to your room (we were at the very top) but they are more then happy to drive you either to the base of Jade Mountain or all the way to the top. Just ask...there is nothing they won't do for you...with in reason! There is not one truly negative thing I can say about this place!!!

I can't wait to return. I am hoping to return every year! The only thing stopping us may be the cost, but this was the first place we have ever been (and we've been around the world) that I can truly say was worth EVERY penny.

Honeymoon in Paradise !

by TripAdvisor Member MERBYS

From the moment we stepped off the plane and boarded the chopper for our helicopter transfer (highly recommended). We could not be happier with our destination choice of St. Lucia. The island is the most lush and vibrant out of all the Caribbean islands. We saw this perfectly as we flew aside the Pitons (volcanoes) of St. Lucia and made our descend to the team awaiting our arrival at The Jade Mountain helipad. There we were greeted by a group of four who took our luggage and welcomed us. They immediately took us to the beautifully designed structure that housed our “sanctuary.”

We were handed a cool refreshing mint towel, a mixed drink and then the door opened to the most beautiful, awe inspiring room and view my new wife and I have ever seen! With the water, the Pitons, and the open air environment we were very excited to spend our next seven nights here. Our room, a Sun Suite was the largest of the room categories at Jade. It spanned over 1800 sq. feet, with a pool (not a plunge pool, or a lap pool) a full 900 sq. ft. infinity swimming pool for our enjoyment. There was a large patio with two lounge chairs and a very comfortable netted bed which also shared the same breathtaking views. Off of the entrance way there was a set of stairs that took us up to a loft area which was our open aired bathroom. There we found a very large hot tub with cromotherepy LCD lights, double vanities and an open toilet and shower all once again with that view, products by Molton Brown, and overall very spacious.

When looking around the room and structure itself I really appreciated the attention to detail like the hand laid stones which made up the walls and the colored glass tiles which made up the pool and bathroom. We read that the floors and all the wood for the resort were picked out at a rainforest by the team of engineers and designers. The furniture was well made and of high quality and aesthetic design. This was truly a room that we would not be leaving anytime soon.

The room service was very quick even when placing our order by posting a bag with an order form outside our door (there are no phones to call anyone). The food was excellent as well!

We dined mostly at the exclusive Jade Mountain Club, which also had the beautiful views, a swimming pool and a large variety of dishes to choose from. At the main resort Anse Chastanet, we dined at some of their restaurants as well and were very pleased.

The beach area was a nice change from our in room pool on some days and provided a quaint area to soak up some sun, have some cocktails, shop for great art work, snorkel and of course have a bite to eat.

We visited the live volcano and sulfur springs which was also unique geographical site to see (and smell). In addition we took a water taxi to Castries (the capital) for some shopping and a wonderful lunch at The Coal Pot, which I highly recommend.

Overall, we would like to personally thank Nick and KarolinTroubetzkoy for creating such a beautiful, serene, luxurious, unforgettable vacation experience (honeymoon in our case) that we will never forget. I can see this place becoming the premier Caribbean luxury destination as others find out more about this new resort. I would say book now to those interested in JadeMountain!

Unbelievably romantic and luxurious

by TripAdvisor Member bkalter

My wife and I went there for our honeymoon in May and while our normal lives are super busy and stressful (thus I'm only now getting around to writing this), that was the most relaxing and romantic week of our lives.

It's definitely not for everyone. But if you're like us and you want a vacation where you can be ensconced in total luxury without feeling like you are cut off from the natural world -- and if you don't mind a little bit of inconvenience like walking up the hill and getting some bug bites -- Jade Mountain should be at the top of your list.

Most importantly, the room is unbelievable. The bed, the bathroom, the bathtub... everything is top of the line luxurious. But because the fourth wall is missing, you can feel a fresh breeze and see the Pitons and the Caribbean Sea with nothing at all blocking your view.

Not only is there no fourth wall, but there's no wall around the bathroom. It's built naturally into the room. At first this was awkward, but we soon found it actually adds to the romance that even when showering we could see each other and see the Pitons (there is a half wall around the toilet).

And having an infinity pool in our room... well it's just too good to be true. After walking up from the beach and working up a small sweat, or getting up in the middle of the night and feeling warm, I would just jump into my private pool. It was so relaxing and, when we swam together, very romantic. I highly recommend getting up at least once in the middle of the night, beause the number of stars dwarfs what you can see in the U.S.

We "only" stayed in a Star room and it was more than adequate. Since every room has a pool and amazing view, all you get for more money is a bigger room and bigger pool. The star room was plenty big enough, IMO.

The beach is, as many have said, perfect. We always found a comfortable chair and had prompt service. The coral reef right off the beach is amazing. I went on another SCUBA trip on a boat, but the reef by the Anse Chastanet beach is even better.

While the service was never super fast, it was always good enough. Everyone was nice and they got our orders right. Just a bit slow. But if you're trying to relax... what's the rush?

There was some construction going on, but it was all small stuff. Jade Mountain is basically done save for some tiling and painting and decorating. It never bothered me.

It's also worth noting that the spa is only average. But this is not the resort to go to if you want to be pampered. It's the place to go relax as a part of the beautiful island you're on.

The food quality was generally good but not exceptional. I recommend eating at the Jade Club many times. The menu is small, but the food and service are better than at the other restaurants and the view is even better than in any of the rooms, if that can be believed. We actually never ordered room service, because we liked to feel like we were going out for our meals and the view and atmosphere in both the Jade Club and Treetop restaurant are great for breakfast and dinner (we always had our lunch on the beach).

We paid for the all inclusive meal plan, which we loved just because we never had to worry about what anything cost. I can't say whether it was a good value, but it really helps you to relax when you can just eat or drink whatever you want without looking at the price.

Perhaps the best sign is that when we describe our vacation and show pictures to family and friends, they literally can't believe it. Nobody else has had a vacation this good. And I doubt we will again, until we return.

Honeymoon to die for!

by TripAdvisor Member camsball

We would definitely recommend Jade Mountain with NO reservations what so ever. We stayed at JA-2 (moon suite) for our honeymoon June 11-18th. We LOVED the experience and hope to return for our 5th anniversary! I read some of the reviews before we left and quite frankly think that some individuals are just too picky for their own good. Its the Caribbean, you are on a vacation - RELAX and recognize you are on island time - and just have fun!

A few thoughts we wanted to share:
1. If you are on an all inclusive...use the bag system and order room service! It does not cost you any extra (it was hard to determine that when you arrived). It is always on time and we only had one time that our bag was not picked up on time and delivered. We inquired about it and the staff was very apologetic.

2. Ask Questions! Jade Mountain reception is open 24 hours a day. Which to me is amazing. Those folks are more than ready to help you and answer ANY question, so do not hesitate.

3. Tipping: Even if you are on an all inclusive plan...it i nice to tip the bellman, maid, etc. So bring lots of $1 bills. There are not ATMs at the resort :) so come prepared there.

4. The Shuttle: If you need to take it up and down the mountain...do it! There are a lot of steps (400+) and we were on level #2 of Jade Moutain only :) so we used the shuttle three times, once when we drank quite a bit at dinner having lots of fun and didn't think walking was in our best interest :), second to bring all of our scuba gear back to our room and third, to haul up some items we had purchased. Tip the driver a few bucks and be happy!

5. Local/Indian restaurant - at night the restaurant on the beach turns into a fabulous restaurant. Especially if you like indian food - check it out!

6. Sailing: Take the sunset cruise. The captain is very very nice. You get rum punches and appetizers and it is just gorgeous.

7. Diving: Dive center is very good. If you can go on the wreck dive and the wall dive they pair with it - do it! Best dives we did. Quite a current the day we did the wreck, but the 2nd dive on the wall was by far the best dive we did all week. All the dive sites are within 10 minutes so it is very very easy diving all around.

8. Bugs: Yes, they are there and you should be prepared. Don't leave your legs in the sand on the beach (my husband's mistake) as you will get eaten alive by sand fleas. Bring bug spray and put it on before dinner and then make sure your maid lights your coils when she comes to turn down the bed. A $5 bill early on under the coils will do the trick just right! We also brought Off's little lantern thing with a candle and that was nice to have up in our bathroom area which would have a lot of mosquitos in the mornings. Nothing you cannot handle though to be in this beautiful place.

9. 4th wall open: I was never hot...my husband was a few times at night...but again nothing you cannot handle. Frankly, waking up to the view of the Pitons from your bed was so so so romantic!

10. Tub: Use your whirlpool tub...fits an army of people and they give you bubble bath (or bring your own). It is nice to come home, jump into your pool, start filling the tub, and then end the night in the tub with the candles they give you.

11. Helicopter: if you can swing it...take the helicopter ride from the airport. It is so stuning and a great way to see the island but get to your sanctuary sooner! We took a taxi back and it was not as bad as everyone says, but definitely not a quick and easy trip.

Jade Moutain is simply amazing. yes, they are still working on some landscaping etc. but it is definitely worth the money and the experience!

Have fun!
Carrie & Jeff

Great Honeymoon location.

by TripAdvisor Member Loncall

If its the Four Seasons you want with the attendant levels of service and facilities then this is not the place to go. On the other hand, if you like spectacular views,unique rooms, friendly staff, a great beach and good food then you won't be disappointed.

The two main areas of complaint seem to be A) Mosquitoes and B) The walk up from the beach. As far as A) goes then just take some deet with you and make sure you use it. Mossies are a factor throughout the Caribbean so its hardly unique to the resort and the beds have nets on so,although we were bitten over the course of the holiday, it was never bad enough to affect our enjoyment. B) is quite a walk so not the place for anyone with mobility issues but the beauty of having a pool in your room is that you can jump straight into it after the walk up from the beach.

There's loads to do if you like snorkelling (spectacular) ,diving,cycling etc and the beach is beautiful with a good restaurant and bar to sit in and very nice staff.

Better than we ever imagined!!!

by TripAdvisor Member KBgo

In planning our Honeymoon, we hoped that the property would live up to the website. It surpassed it. Our suite had everything we hoped for including spectacular views. The staff was great. The food was great. When we finally convinced ourselves to leave the room, the best snorkeling we experienced on the island was 50 yards from our beach. We've already planned our 1 year anniversary for the same suite!!!

Soufriere seafront and lush, green backdropSoufriere seafront and lush, green backdrop

A street by the harbour, SoufriereA street by the harbour, Soufriere

A lunch stop at the Botanical GardensA lunch stop at the Botanical Gardens

Diamond Waterfall, SoufriereDiamond Waterfall, Soufriere

Waterfall Wedding in December?

by luckiday

We are thinking of getting married in St Lucia in December. Does anyone know of a waterfall area which does this?

Re: Waterfall Wedding in December?

by Odinnthor

First congratulations are in order........d:o)

OK, the Caribbean is my old stomping ground and I have done that, both working on the cruises and hangin' in the islands, - almost all of them.

Yes, there is a local company that does a waterfall wedding. Here is a link to their site.

If you want to spend the honeymoon there you cannot do any better than St. Lucia. There are two places to stay that I can personally recommend. The Ti Kaye and the Calabash Cove. I prefer the Ti Kaye as it s a place lovingly put together by a nice family. I have recommended it before to honeymooners, and they were in heaven. Also have recommended it to people looking for anniversary trip. The owners will make the special occasion a memorable one. That you can count on. Tell me what you think, and if you don't think this is for you, we will find others.

Now, here is a website that will inform you about all there is to do and see, on St. Lucia, done by another family of enthusiasts, - Scuba Steve, and his lovely wife Shirley. They are technically a scuba diving place, and as such it is great, - but they can do almost anything that you may like to do while in St. Lucia. Take your time to explore their website, it has a lot to review.

You will not be disappointed with St. Lucia. I am an island bwoy at heart, and will likely end up right back in the Caribbean.

Again, congratulations.......d:o)

Re: Waterfall Wedding in December?

by drinksforgreg

Hi Lucky
St. Lucia seems to have many waterfall areas. I am not sure if there is an actual group that coordinates specifically for this. I can only speak of my experience and I know that the better resorts out there can arrange something like this if you are staying with them. Best just to call the bigger guys out there. I stayed at Jade Mountain (where the Bachelor show was shot) and those guys really pamper the guest and try to make things very unique for visitors. I had friends that stayed at other resorts in St. Lucia and loved it as well. I would just simply call the resorts you are looking to possibly stay at and see what they can do for you.

Comments