Quarter of Vieux-Fort Hotels

Our Members Say

• widgit1 profile photo widgit1
  • Reviews: 2

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Coconut Bay Resort & Spa, Vieux Fort: A little bit of paradise...

Although not the 4 Star resort it's billed as the setting was beautiful and the staff fantastic. At Vieux Fort on the south eastern tip of the island it's a very short drive from the airport which means your holiday starts ten minutes after landing. The view from our room was superb especially at sunrise.

We were lucky to start our holiday when the resort was fairly empty but as it filled up so the queues for the bar or restaurant grew. The resort didn't seem to have enough staff to cope with the amount of holidaymakers and despite having four bars in the evening there was often only one or two bars open.

Queues for the main dining area got people down and the booking system for the Italian and Asian restaurants didn't seem to work as you had to book 24 hours in advance from 8am but usually the restaurants were booked by 8.10am! Having said that the food was generally pretty good and the beach grill made a nice change from the buffet or themed restaurants.

The pools were excellent though - there was an adults pool, a sport/games pool, a large, shallow sculpted pool with swim up bar and a tiny pool ideal for small children. My husband enjoyed the water slides but I was happier bobbing along on a ring in the lazy river.

The spa was good value with lovely staff and I managed two full massages, a facial and an Aloe body wrap during my stay which were all divine.

I'm sure most resorts offer similar facilities so I don't think there was anything unique here but the views were lovely with well tended gardens to stroll in.

• Opinion of Price: about average