Regatta Point, Georgetown, Kidd Cove, Bahamas

• Regatta Point

My girlfriend and I stayed at Regatta Point over the Labor Day weekend and I highly recommend staying there. Proprietor Nancy Bottomley, treats Exuma’s tropical environment like sacred ground. She has touched every corner of the lushly landscaped property with a sense of intimacy resulting in feeling of harmony with nature that stays with you days after you leave.

Our suite was, clean, spacious, and breezy. Because we were on our own little island surrounded by water the absence of a television, or telephone in our room, meant that at anytime we heard flowing ocean waves, a perfect compliment to reading, star gazing or sleeping on the generous layout of sundecks outside the front and back doors. When my girlfriend who lives in New York realized there was no television there was an initial gasp, on the other hand I was smiling inside because I wanted the opportunity to be with her without the tube on for once.

Nancy ‘s a thirty year veteran of the resort business so this eco-friendly hotel has five star resort service. At the airport when visitors where being ushered to taxis headed to the Four Seasons Resorts we had a taxi driver waiting for us because we were the only guests checking in that day. Nancy was there to greet us on our arrival, got us situated in our rooms and ran off a list of services she can provide or help us get. Like a rental car from Sam Gray’s Auto Rental which we used to drive to Runaway Beach Bar about twenty minutes away in Stuart Manor. Although we were one of two couples on the beach on Sunday the bar owner was there to serve us drinks and food.

What a stay at Regatta Point lacks is that feeling that you are paying for hospitality instead it feels like you are visiting a generous and more than accommodating friend’s house. Exuma is after all a “Family Island”.

Unique Quality: Quiet, eco-friendly, first clas service.

Directions: Georegetown