Island Resort by EVRentals

Rum Cay Road, Freeport, 00000, Caribbean
Island Resort and Golf Club
Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

More about Freeport City

Breakfast is served.Breakfast is served.

Oceanus BayOceanus Bay

LucayaLucaya

Looking toward the Fat Man's NephewLooking toward the Fat Man's Nephew

Travel Tips for Freeport City

Absolutely do not bring...

by pamelajoy

Absolutely do not bring anything live or that has lived with you if you want to get through Customs without a lot of hassle. We had a plastic orange that had held juice and the Customs officer made us unload the whole plane looking for produce. I felt like a drug smuggler.

Get to see the "real" Freeport

by traveldiva80

As a few of my friends and I were getting our hair braided at the straw market nearby, we talked with some of the women doing braiding. We really wanted to do something "non-touristy" so she said a friend of hers was a cab driver and he would take us on a private tour of the west end of the island. Sounded good to us!

We hopped in a van the next morning and got a 4-5 hour tour for about $15 each. We saw beaches and beaches lined of nothing but conch shells, visited a small gift shop selling polished conch shells for $2-$4. They go for well over $25-$30 in town. We stopped at a little shack by the side of the road overlooking the ocean and had conch fritters and Coke. Our guide was knowledgeable and friendly.

I'd recommend checking with some local cab drivers about arranging a private tour. Well worth the $15-$20 it might cost you to get out of the touristy area and see how real Bahamians live.

Freeport - My first International Trip

by Blatherwick

This was my first trip outside of Canada and it happened when I was 2 years old. Interestingly, it also serves as one of the first memories as I remember running around the mini-golf course and pulling all of the red flags out of the holes.

Cuccurullo's new Freeport City Page

by Cuccurullo

GRAND BAHAMA ISLAND

I moved here 20 years ago. It was the best decision I could make. It is so beautiful and clean.

The residents are happy and friendly people which made it easy for me to adjust.

Great for fishing, birdwatching, beaching and much more.

It is so close to the United States, I never miss anything. When I get tired of Island life, I take a trip to the mainland and it is always a pleasure to return.

Comments