Sea Horse Lane, Lucaya, Grand Bahama Island, Caribbean

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• gbajramo's Profile Photo

Nice Place

Nice facillity with great location. Service bit slow and inconsistent but that's Carribean way. I took a shower and realized there were no towels in the room. Few items missing from he minibar + minibar is prohibitevely expensive. Vodka/redbull cost me $11 but had to have a drink. Internet was free in my room. Staff told me there is free wi-fi in the lobby but only one I found with their help required payment.
    Staff was always friendly, upbeat, and helpful. Beach is gorgeous. Hotel has several pools but who needs pool with crystal clear water and some of the finest sand in front. October was a great time to visit. Water was warm and resort wasn't too crowded.
    Restaurants and bars close at 5:30pm other than a single beach bar. Stock up at the duty-free liquer store nearby for late night drink.

Unique Quality: Great beach view, nice facillity, casino.

• jeffjun's Profile Photo

Romantic Getaway

This is a great Caribbean hotel. Ladies, it will make you feel like you're on a honeymoon. Sandy beaches and sparkling turquoise water. It is very romantic. The hotel offers many activities/facilities and you will most likely not leave the hotel area. There are several quality restaurants located inside the hotel area. It is located off the beach having access to its own beach and four pools. There is a brand new Casino, excellent Spa facility, and two golf courses. They also offer outdoor water activities such as snorkeling, kayak, and jet ski. I would definitely recommend this hotel to those who seek romantic getaway.

More about Westin At Our Lucaya Beach And Golf Resort

OUR LUCAYA BEACH AND GOLF...

by Cheeky

OUR LUCAYA BEACH AND GOLF RESORT

REEF VILLAGE AT OUR LUCAYA ALL INCLUSIVE THIS IS A VERRY BIG COMPLEX IT HAS ABOUT 5 POOLS 4 DIFFERANT HOTELS ALL WITH A DIFFERANT BOAD BASIS AVALABLE. ALL TOGETER A VERRY FRIENDLY HOTEL

Our Lucaya is an upscale...

by kathycollins

Our Lucaya is an upscale resort. In my opnion the best thing there is the Spas - a combination gym and spa with excellent massage therapists and a nice gym. They had great fitness classes,too - I tried the spinning (bike) class there because I always wanted to do it,but didn't want to embarass my un-fit self in my home gym...it was great, I could keep up, and I now go to my own gym's spinning classes!

OUR LUCAYA,this has three...

by moneysavr

OUR LUCAYA,this has three sections with lots of pools,spas,golfing,and on some of the best beach on the Island.
one night stay for 2 standard room reef village $110.00 U.S. and $150.00 for up grade Breakers cay ocean view wow this place is nice breakers cay!brand new!They do have some great e-deals sign up and call or look up on the web site you can go now for great prices!!This is a photo from our 3rd floor window view at Breakers Cay,Great view!! The pools are large so large even when the place has a crowd you have room to relax and unwind,The spa is great,The camp lucaya for kids is great for the small ones if they come along,with a small pool and daily camp things to do for them!The rooms large and clean!The views even if you dont get a ocean view are great!of the neat and clean grounds,The staff is helpfull,and the food service has it all you will be able to find somthing to eat on the grounds.
The location in Lucaya is great being close to walking distance to the marketplace with shops,eateries,bars and night life it is all here!

Our Lucaya Great LawnOur Lucaya Great Lawn

A shot from our balcony at Our LucayaA shot from our balcony at Our Lucaya

Anything in walking distance from Lucayan Harbour?

by zambrij

I'm taking a 1 day cruise to Freeport from FL....is there anything to do in walking distance from the Lucayan Harbour? Any beaches? Or, do I have to take a taxi? Also, if I do take a taxi somewhere, can I schedule a taxi pick up for later to take me back to the harbour? On some islands, the taxi drivers won't do that so I was wondering. Thank you!

Re: Anything in walking distance from Lucayan Harbour?

by diver-x

Right at Port Lucaya is a shopping center and several restaurants. Right across the street from the Port is the Our Lucaya Resort, which has a lovely beach, several restaurants and bars.

Sorry, don't know about scheduling return trips by taxi.

Have a great time!

Re: Anything in walking distance from Lucayan Harbour?

by stan909

From the harbour it not in walking distance . You would have to take a cab to the beach ....And YES, you can get a cab return ...But first you must make that arangement with the taxi driver.

p.s.. I live here in Freeport.

Re: Re: Anything in walking distance from Lucayan Harbour?

by grandmaR

Freeport is a place for big ships. If you could get to downtown Freeport you can take a jitney bus for about $1 to the Lucaya beach. They have dispatchers near the Winn Dixie, or you can go to a bus stop and flag them down. You can get back the same way.

RE: Anything in walking distance from Lucayan Harbour?

by CarrieK

Hi,

There is nothing to do within walking distance of the Lucayan Harbour (cruiseship harbor). You will have to take a taxi (no buses there) to go to Port Lucaya Marketplace. It will cost $25 for two people. You don't need to schedule a taxi pick up for later...as there are plenty of taxis in the parking lot of Port Lucaya Marketplace.

At Port Lucaya Marketplace (www.portlucayamarketplace.com), there are several restaurants, shops, and a straw market all in a nice waterfront setting. You can go across the street to the Isle of Capri Casino which is located at Our Lucaya (between the Westin Breakers Cay section and Sheraton section of Our Lucaya).

As well, you can take the public pathway (which is next to the Sheraton) and visit beautiful Lucaya Beach. Non-guests of the hotels cannot use the pools but the beach is public.

best regards